It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Escape to the fantastic lands!

Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, a vast fantasy realm full of danger and adventure for you to explore and conquer, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition][/url]Reality--it can be such a drag, right? Just how many times you think you'd love to escape to some imaginary land when everything is simpler and more exciting? Thanks to the modern magic of computer games, you can do just that. Among the fantastic realms created by game developers, the one you'll get to explore in Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition stands out thanks to its size, complexity, and the number of different things you can do as your digital heroic alternate self. If you're the escapist type this one will most certainly live up to your expectations.

In Two Worlds 2 you can ride on horseback, craft items, forge weapons and armor, and even brew potions.The game offers a diverse landscape of forests, deserts, swamps, seashores, cities, and fields, venturing deep into forgotten caverns and dungeons. The way you develop your character is entirely left to your decision. Combine the skills of a ranger, a mage, and a warrior, balancing the focus and creating your own perfect build. The Epic Edition offered on GOG.com includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

A whole new life in a fantastic realm far, far away is now well within your reach. Get Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, for only $9.99 on GOG.com! The release promo offer lasts until Thursday, May 2, at 9:59AM GMT.
VanishedOne: Somebody forgot to mark this one completed.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/two_worlds_ii
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/two_worlds_2

(Yes, Two Worlds 2 has two wishlist entries too.)
Two Worlds 2 Tutu
keeveek: and at the same time it would be a build that would include all the patches and be compatible with them? Yeah, right.
F4LL0UT: That updates are made after a DRM-infested version was already published doesn't mean that the developers apply them directly to that one and then have to go through some complicated process of removing the DRM and checking whether the game still works after doing that. That kind of development process would be insane.
i don't think I follow. The only version of the game was for DRM-ed one. So the patches were made compatible with DRM-ed version of the game.

There were instances of games that were unplayable or incompatible with patches after removing DRM. My only guess here is after removing the DRM, GOG or Topware tested the game heavily, if it's 100% playable and didn't have enough time to test the Mac version as well.

Maybe the future possible patches will stay compatible without any problems.

dirtyharry said they should use some early build without DRM and apply the patches on that. That makes no sense for me. What they probably do, is to use the newest build possible, with all patches included and remove the DRM. But that needs to be tested, if the game works, multiplayer works etc.

But as I've said, they didn't release Mac version because they hate dirtyharry and mac users.
Post edited April 25, 2013 by keeveek
Paul_cz: Really enjoyed TW2 itself. Great graphics, some fun dialogues, good gameplay and world design.
No idea about the expansion though.
The expansion is shorter (~15 to 20 hrs depending on your playing style) but definitely better.The main quest line is making some sense at last, and there are plenty of side quests that have made me giggle (even if some of them are of the Big Lipped Alligator Moment kind). The visuals have been improved, too, with the weather and ghost world effects added to the picture. The difficulty curve is smoother than in the main game, and the final boss battle, unlike the one from the main part, isn't unwinnable because of the unwieldy controls. The new mobs were mostly present in the multiplayer part of the original game, but there are some wholly new ones, and there is a plenty of new high tier loot.
I am excited for this. I have the Velvet Edition for my PS3 but haven't really gotten around to play it. I reallly like these games better on PC but despised the activations. For $10 it's a great deal.
I have often looked at this game elsewhere and wondered why there was always the activation limit.
Game developers need to learn that when you punish those who will in fact pay for your game then you are cutting off valuable revenue.

I will pick this up this weekend just to show my support of this game loosing the most stupid DRM ever produced. Then next time they will think before cutting off revenue. Next week maybe GOG will have Sacred 2.
DRM Gone x Two Worlds II Epic ed. = Instabuy.
Thanks GOG!
011284mm: I have often looked at this game elsewhere and wondered why there was always the activation limit.
Game developers need to learn that when you punish those who will in fact pay for your game then you are cutting off valuable revenue.

I will pick this up this weekend just to show my support of this game loosing the most stupid DRM ever produced. Then next time they will think before cutting off revenue. Next week maybe GOG will have Sacred 2.
I was hoping the same thing Sacred 2 is sweet.
Out of curiosity, is this Castle Defense any good or is it like the Devil Within mode in Tekken 5? (several hours of pretty much the same character and enemies and scenarios and combats with nothing else happening)

In general I avoid games with the name "defense" or "defender" in their titles like rape.

There are very mixed Two Worlds 2 reviews on GOG right now.
Post edited April 25, 2013 by RafaelLopez
Awesome! Can't wait to get it. The first is one of my all-time favorites (I'm glad I didn't listen to the bad reviews and took a chance on it). I'll buy this one as soon as I can.
Already own this on Steam and not in a position right now to purchase a duplicate here on GOG.com, but nice to see it here nonetheless :)
cyboff: LOL, it is time to stop smoking that crack :D
Do your research on TW2's DRM first.
Really didn't expect the game would be released here. Because I bought the first one when it is on sale on Gamersgate just to discover the installation-limit-DRM. When GOG released the first one on here, I have bought it too because of there is no installation limit. That time, I thought because the game is kind of "old", that is why the publisher decided to released it here.

and now the second one also got released here ! that was a surprise for me. I am not going to buy it now though. But I am still glad it is here. Keep them coming GOG !
ooh gotta buy gotta buy ......................... :D
dirtyharry50: Keeveek, Keeveek... lol.
keeveek: Oh, in that case, they probably didn't release Mac version not because it wasn't ready, but just to fuck with you. Can't blame them.
Really? I never said that. Why do you? Come on Keeveek, no need to get nasty. I took the time to explain what I was saying to you not to be insulting but because how can you know that if you didn't work in the field? It's not like I thought you should.

I don't know why they didn't release it. There's no way to know that for sure from our side of the fence. I just know that in this case it seems like it ought to have been easy and naturally it is disappointing for a Mac user to not see it appear too.

It isn't wrong to give GOG feedback and to ask for answers sometimes. If no Mac user said anything about this, GOG could potentially figure, well none of us care but we do and we want them to know.

I didn't make my post to start an argument with others here. It was intended as feedback for GOG when I know they read these release threads and often write responses to customers in them.

You did not see me jumping in to give you a hard time earlier for complaining about the game not actually being a classic, etc. Keeveek even though I will tell you now I did not see that as a big deal personally. You did and had a right to say so and did not need me giving you a hard time about it. Well, I guess I just hope for the same consideration from others here as well. I don't think that makes me a bad guy.
Post edited April 25, 2013 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: Really? I never said that. Why do you? Come on Keeveek, no need to get nasty. I took the time to explain what I was saying to you not to be insulting but because how can you know that if you didn't work in the field? It's not like I thought you should.
I'm pretty sure DRM was "patched-out" from the newest build possible. In fact, it's the way it works with all GOG releases, and GOG employees said that many times before.

Actually, in every example I know, when devs decided to remove the DRM from the game, was introducing a new patch to the newest avaible version of the game.

It's the only way that makes any sense.