It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If there's a thing more fearsome than a dragon, it's a dragon with a jetpack!

Divinity: Dragon Commander, multi-layered real-time strategy game with a fantastic setting, epic scale, amazing gameplay depth, and many original ideas, is available on GOG.com, for $39.99. You can also get the extensive Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition for a little more, that is $44.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_dragon_commander][/url]What is Divinity: Dragon Commander? Let us put an image in your head. A giant army rushes into battle. First, the scouts, agile and fast, with their bows always ready. Then the cavalry, blazing on their relentless mounts. Then, the heavy infantry--warriors of all the shapes, sizes, and races with their plate armors sounding with every step like the bells of doom. Right behind them, the battle beasts--horrors bred with one purpose only: destruction. Some of them pulling the ballistas, trebuchets, and other siege machines. Above them, a variety of zeppelins and flying machines ready to spread death from above. And then, suddenly, a great shadow falling over the battlefield. A gigantic winged dragon swooping down at lightning speed, propelled by a jetpack, breathing fire and roaring fiercely. An image sure to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies. You, however, have nothing to fear. This is your army, and you are the Dragon, its commander and Emperor. Can you see it now? Can you grasp the scale of the game? Maybe it's better that you saw it with your own eyes.

Divinity: Dragon Commander realease trailer

Divinity: Dragon Commander allows the player to experience war from many unique perspectives, thus breathing new life to real-time strategy genre. The idea to put the gamer in the role of a Dragon commanding its people (and elves, and dwarves, and undead, and--well, creatures) into battle and even taking part in the combat directly is original enough to make the game phenomenally involving. The people who gave you the acclaimed Divinity RPG series decided however, to add a couple more layers to the gameplay. In the game, you'll get to make diplomatic decisions, manage your empire in an epic world-map mode, and even utilize elements of trading card game mechanics. All that and more, coupled with excellent visuals, peculiar humor, and many available scenarios (single-player and multi-player alike), gives the game a potential to become the next big step in the evolution of RTS genre.

Sink your claws into the biggest chunk of full-blooded fantasy real-time strategy out there, with Divinity: Dragon Commander, for only $39.99 on GOG.com! Please note, that if you decide to upgrade your game to the Imperial Edition, you can do so by acquiring the Imperial Edition Upgrade DLC for only $9.99. You can also start with Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition for $44.99, and if you were one of the pre-ordering customers, you already have it.
Post edited August 06, 2013 by G-Doc
L0stOldGamer: The DLC code support emailed to me worked when I just tried it again so those who got one should try it again.

Sad news is, my GOG shelf and gamecard is for regular Dragon Commander and not the Imperial Edition.
So my shelf has http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2013/08/70cc8e04b49f9ce8d9264f726b4d53bdcf8b0c36_bb_20.jpg
Instead of
http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2013/08/2e516b67ce69cd806ac5989faf965eeb725315e6_bb_20.jpg
boxart on it. :(
Do you see a +1 DLC hovering above the Dragon Commander box on your game shelf?
L0stOldGamer: The DLC code support emailed to me worked when I just tried it again so those who got one should try it again.

Sad news is, my GOG shelf and gamecard is for regular Dragon Commander and not the Imperial Edition.
So my shelf has http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2013/08/70cc8e04b49f9ce8d9264f726b4d53bdcf8b0c36_bb_20.jpg
Instead of
http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2013/08/2e516b67ce69cd806ac5989faf965eeb725315e6_bb_20.jpg
JudasIscariot: Do you see a +1 DLC hovering above the Dragon Commander box on your game shelf?
My shelf is showing the +1 DLC
JudasIscariot: Do you see a +1 DLC hovering above the Dragon Commander box on your game shelf?
gandalf.nho: My shelf is showing the +1 DLC
So you have the Imperial Edition then :D

Instead of
I think that may be a side-effect of having upgraded from the regular one: I see 'owned' on the DLC's gamecard but not on http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition (which is still inviting me to add it to my cart).

Anyway, that problem I'm not going to worry about. :-)
gandalf.nho: My shelf is showing the +1 DLC
JudasIscariot: So you have the Imperial Edition then :D
I guess L0stOldGamer is upset because he don't have the boxart of the Imperial Edition, only the normal one

Instead of
Yes I do and the files are listed. I had to take the Imperial Edition off my wishlist so it would quit saying I could buy it.
I miss the "Imperial Edition" box art on my shelf though. :)
Okay, who misspelt 'Divinity' in all the MP3 soundtrack filenames? You'd think Larian would get that one right by now... :-P
JudasIscariot: OK here's what I can tell with 100% certainty:

-I installed the German version of the BASE game (Dragon Commander)
-I then downloaded and installed the 40 mb Imperial Edition upgrade installer
-I ran the game and had German voices and am now standing on the Raven with German text and voices everywhere.

From my perspective, it looks like everything is working fine. Unfortunately, my German is very, very, very limited and I am not sure what to do as far as going into battle to confirm the golden dragon skin.
You know, since you guys on GOG are always so nice to us, I'd be happy to help you out. Just send me the installers, then I can tell you if everythings in German.
JudasIscariot: OK here's what I can tell with 100% certainty:

-I installed the German version of the BASE game (Dragon Commander)
-I then downloaded and installed the 40 mb Imperial Edition upgrade installer
-I ran the game and had German voices and am now standing on the Raven with German text and voices everywhere.

From my perspective, it looks like everything is working fine. Unfortunately, my German is very, very, very limited and I am not sure what to do as far as going into battle to confirm the golden dragon skin.
Fesin: You know, since you guys on GOG are always so nice to us, I'd be happy to help you out. Just send me the installers, then I can tell you if everythings in German.
I see what you did there :P

Also, I heard and read German last time I booted up the game today so I can confirm it's German :D
VanishedOne: Okay, who misspelt 'Divinity' in all the MP3 soundtrack filenames? You'd think Larian would get that one right by now... :-P
That was my bad and it's fixed now. Sorry about that.
VanishedOne: Okay, who misspelt 'Divinity' in all the MP3 soundtrack filenames? You'd think Larian would get that one right by now... :-P
JudasIscariot: That was my bad and it's fixed now. Sorry about that.
Cheers!
JudasIscariot: That was my bad and it's fixed now. Sorry about that.
stop to drink , while filling soundtrack tags , Judas :P
trusteft: A few questions.
The first map in the single player story campaign has 13 territories. I have not gone though all of them, but maps designed for 2 players/AI can be about one to three dozen territories, and 4 player maps can be around 40 to 100.

The earth map is a slightly stylized version of earth, with over a hundred Rivellonian named territories (small preview).

There is no random map generator yet (there may be one), and no random / selectable starting positions (should be added).

If the dragon dies in battle, there is a cost to re-spawn and a short time delay before being able to do so.

Each unit type has 3 different upgrades that can be researched.

There are 4 difficulty settings, and 5 game speed settings (speed can be dynamically adjusted during RTS by the Numpad + and - keys). Larian is making the Hard difficulty harder, but they have gotten feedback that the game is too easy, just right and too hard.

There is a lot more to the single player campaign than multiplayer (which you can also play against AI, if you want to avoid the story of the single player campaign and the RPG phase of the story and custom single player campaigns).
trusteft: A few questions.
Raze_Larian: The first map in the single player story campaign has 13 territories. I have not gone though all of them, but maps designed for 2 players/AI can be about one to three dozen territories, and 4 player maps can be around 40 to 100.

The earth map is a slightly stylized version of earth, with over a hundred Rivellonian named territories (small preview).

There is no random map generator yet (there may be one), and no random / selectable starting positions (should be added).

If the dragon dies in battle, there is a cost to re-spawn and a short time delay before being able to do so.

Each unit type has 3 different upgrades that can be researched.

There are 4 difficulty settings, and 5 game speed settings (speed can be dynamically adjusted during RTS by the Numpad + and - keys). Larian is making the Hard difficulty harder, but they have gotten feedback that the game is too easy, just right and too hard.

There is a lot more to the single player campaign than multiplayer (which you can also play against AI, if you want to avoid the story of the single player campaign and the RPG phase of the story and custom single player campaigns).
First of all, thank you.

40-100 regions sound good to me. :)

The Earth map looks interesting, though I see Greece has disappeared once more as in early Civilization games lol. That's fine I guess.

I am a bit confused you mentioned speed settings. The main map/mode of the game is turn based and only the battles are in real time, right?
trusteft: The main map/mode of the game is turn based and only the battles are in real time, right?
Right.