It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As heroic as fantasy gets!

Blade of Darkness, a brutal and challenging TPP action hack ‘n’ slasher set in a dark and gritty heroic fantasy realm that feels like a Robert E. Howard novel, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99

Heroic fantasy--a genre of fiction that has fueled the imaginations of many generations. Dark and brutal worlds full of injustice and ominous magic are always waiting for a champion: a man or woman, scantily clad, wielding a legendary weapon, slashing beasts and villains left and right, and looking as fabulous as a demigod. This is the heart and soul of such stories and it didn't change much since the time of ancient myths. The fact that we enjoy them so much proves that we aren't that different from our great ancestors and tales of godlike heroism still get our blood run pumping. Gather ‘round, friends, and hear the story of four heroes and their epic battle against the dark overlord, Dal Gurak, the necromancer.

Blade of Darkness is a third person perspective action game that focuses on combat. Each of the four heroes has its very own set of moves and statistics, and starts the adventure in a different area. There's over 100 different weapons you can use in the game, each with its own characteristics that reflect on the fighting style. New special attacks can be unlocked as your character gains experience and power. While you slash and bash through the hordes of terrifying monsters, you will feel the urge sometimes to stop and look at the beautiful--if a bit gloomy--surroundings. If you're looking for a game that will take you on a fantastic quest filled with merciless combat, this is the one to pick up!

There are great deeds of bravery and might to be done in Blade of Darkness, for only $5.99 on GOG.com. Get heroic!
This game is brilliant, it's basically Proto-Souls. Any fan of Demon/Dark Souls should definitely check this out!
Titanium: Get this game, it's gory and violent and merciless and you can definitely throw limbs at your opponents. What more do you need?
No ability to buy milk in-game and meet Gray Coleman= no sale :P

(just kidding....this game rocks!)
Stiler: This is one of my all time most wanted games I've wanted on GoG for so long.

I still have my cds for this game but it's a pita running on Win7 with a speed bug that messes up the entire game.

CAn't wait to buy this later today and play it.

This game has hands down imo the BEST melee combat system of any game I have ever played. Even better then Die by the Sword, Rune, Jedi Knight series, etc.

It's the game which I judge all melee combat systems by, and so far none have even came close to offering the depth and feeling of this combat system.

I wish more developers would have played this game and know of its melee combat system so we'd get it in newer games, at least something that comes close.
bigjig: Eh, Imma just stick to Dark Souls..
Stiler: You're doing yourself a huge disservice. This game has a better more in-depth combat system then even dark souls has, while Dark Souls is a great game this game has a far more in-depth combat system.

To the point that each weapon you use has different combat abilities and some of the best moves take time and paietence to learn and know when/where to use them.

It also has one of the best location based damage effects, instead of your one-hit still animated death scene like in Dark Souls you literally will be cutting off heads, arms, legs, bodies in half, etc (and the same can be done to you).

If you have any interest in third person action adventure games and melee combat you'll be missing out on one of, if not THE best one, at least in terms of the combat.
Very well said.
Titanium: Get this game, it's gory and violent and merciless and you can definitely throw limbs at your opponents. What more do you need?
GameRager: No ability to buy milk in-game and meet Gray Coleman= no sale :P

(just kidding....this game rocks!)
I'm planning on breaking down and buying P2 in the next few days but to be honest, since Gary died that whole part of it kind of gives me the creeps. Nothing else about it does which is maybe why people conisder me disturbed, but the Gary thing sure does.
grviper: The game's so hardcore that instead of having a difficulty setting it rates how much of a coward you are by the number of saves you make.
Roman5: That's what I love: Games with some Guts and games that have the guts to insult you
Careful, don't go all Berserk on us...
First, thanks for giving us the joy to play again this fabulous top ten games ever...and to provide package for other-than-english languages! NICE WORK GUYS !
So immediately bought and downloaded..
Great pleasure to hear those sounds when walking through the menu

But, sorry for you, you still have some works to do:
As from my (old) cd, the menu are illigible... no highlighting as it was (in red my memory serves me right), the size of the police is just so small that we can't read anything so change video or commands...and without an access to command, I can't play :(
grouii: First, thanks for giving us the joy to play again this fabulous top ten games ever...and to provide package for other-than-english languages! NICE WORK GUYS !
So immediately bought and downloaded..
Great pleasure to hear those sounds when walking through the menu

But, sorry for you, you still have some works to do:
As from my (old) cd, the menu are illigible... no highlighting as it was (in red my memory serves me right), the size of the police is just so small that we can't read anything so change video or commands...and without an access to command, I can't play :(
Have you tried using OpenGL from the configuration menu that launches when you start the game?
JudasIscariot: ...
Since you're online again: Is the game compatible with Win 64-bit OSs?

(It isn't mentioned on the game card so I thought i'd ask)
Would I like this game if I like Ninja Gaiden Black. How similar is the combat in terms of depth, challenge and fun?
dammets89: Would I like this game if I like Ninja Gaiden Black. How similar is the combat in terms of depth, challenge and fun?
It's not a button mashing/QTE slasher. You pick a character who is skilled at a certain class of weapons, find these weapons and use the basic moves and the weapon's special moves available at your character level. If the blade of your weapon connects, you hit. If you hit a wall or swing at air, there's no magical autopilot that makes Ryu hit with every Flying Swallow.
So you learn to pay attention to the environment, use weapon ranges (get up close to a guy with a poleaxe and he's fucked), walls, dodging and throwing everything you can find to do your heroic deeds. I think, you can run into orcs, which can chop your head off in one hit, on the second map already. Then you kill them.
Oh, and there are traps...
GameRager: Since you're online again: Is the game compatible with Win 64-bit OSs?

I am playing it on Win7 64bit without any issue. Works perfectly with nGlide setup.
GameRager: Since you're online again: Is the game compatible with Win 64-bit OSs?

Paul_cz: I am playing it on Win7 64bit without any issue. Works perfectly with nGlide setup.
DITTO, and I have a somewhat older slower machine.
Paul_cz: I am playing it on Win7 64bit without any issue. Works perfectly with nGlide setup.
tinyE: DITTO, and I have a somewhat older slower machine.
Yeah, murphy's law strikes again....right after I posted that it works perfectly, I went back to game (Knight, second mission - the fortress). I played, saved my game, got killed by orc 2 minutes afterwards....and my savegame (the only one I have) gets stuck during loading every time, no matter how many times I try to load it, with various graphics drivers and what not.

Oh well, so I start new game, play for 20 minutes the first mission, and when I want to save it, the game crashes (pythonsomething.dll).

Why does this always have to happen :(
Now I am not as enthusiastic about starting again :(
tinyE: DITTO, and I have a somewhat older slower machine.
Paul_cz: Yeah, murphy's law strikes again....right after I posted that it works perfectly, I went back to game (Knight, second mission - the fortress). I played, saved my game, got killed by orc 2 minutes afterwards....and my savegame (the only one I have) gets stuck during loading every time, no matter how many times I try to load it, with various graphics drivers and what not.

Oh well, so I start new game, play for 20 minutes the first mission, and when I want to save it, the game crashes (pythonsomething.dll).

Why does this always have to happen :(
Now I am not as enthusiastic about starting again :(
SHIT.
Anyone else suffer something like this? I haven't but now I'm all paranoid.

I played it on my Win 7 64 bit system without a hitch. Also, if something was incompatible with a particular version version of Windows i.e. not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit but compatible with Win 7 32 bit then we would have it on the game card.