It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for the horrors of the future, today.

Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, the masterfully crafted continuation to the 1988s original post-apocalyptic RPG, is available for 10% off for pre-orders for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, on GOG.com. That's $53.99 in US until September 19, when the game is expected to launch.

Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.

On GOG.com Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition comes complete with a free copy of Wasteland - The Original Classic and inXile's cult fantasy RPG, The Bard's Tale (both bonus games will be delivered to you as gift-able codes). All that 10% off until September 19! Please note, that after the game launches, Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition (basically: what you'd call a "standard" edition) will also be offered, apart from the robust Deluxe edition you can pre-order now. An upgrade pack turning the standard edition into the Deluxe version will be available as well.

$53.99 is the basic discounted price for this title in the US. Other prices will apply in different countries. If you end up paying more than than the US price ( this applies to UK, European* & Australian** gamers), we will reimburse the difference from our own pocket, giving it back to you in store credit (this is what we call the "Fair Price Package").

*PRICE UPDATE: By publisher request, we have been asked to increase the Euro price to match that of other platforms. The base price of the Deluxe Edition has increased from 44.99 EUR to 54.99 EUR (49.59 EUR with the pre-order discount). As always, we have adjusted our Fair Price Package accordingly to ensure that anyone who pre-orders at the new price will be properly compensated, which in the case of Wasteland 2, will be 8.6 EUR in store credit.

** SECOND PRICE UPDATE: There has been a change in price for Russian rubles, British pounds, and Australian dollars:
- The price in Russian rubles has been decreased from 1049 RUB to 899 RUB
- The price in British pounds has been increased from 39.99 to 44.99 GBP and we have adjusted our Fair Price Package accordingly (from 2.3 GBP to 6.8 GBP in store credit)
-The price in Australian dollars has been increased from 65.29 AUD to 68.99 AUD and we have the Fair Price Package of 3.4 AUD in store credit.

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tU8gcpipv7E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited September 05, 2014 by G-Doc
Harrison11106: Simple, because it's the Digital Deluxe version. Look at what you get with it:
Wasteland 1
Bards Tale
Wasteland 2 OST (which would be a $20 value on its own)
4 Wasteland 2 novellas, each a $6 value at Smashswords.
The concept artbook.

That's actually quite a bit of stuff for $60, don't you think? If you're just getting the game, my guess is that it won't be more then $40 when it's out on the 19th.
Could be worth it, but I am only iinterested in the OST.
And the Ranger Editions contains also some imho more interesting stuff:
5 art cards
Full color Printed manual
Soundtrack CD
Printed map
Printed Poster
Code for Wasteland 1

So it is way cheaper to print a full colored Manaul, a Poster, a Map and 5 art cards, to produce the game DVD and a CD with the soundtrack, to ship this and to pay fees to the retailers and the publisher as to have digital extras?
Post edited September 09, 2014 by turbosnake
For anyone interested, the manual has now been officially released:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3LlgONcNnMUUnVzRGxiUUJYb2M/edit
Okay, with that move the game just dropped from my "full-price"-wishlist to the "$5 at most"-maybelist. Congrats, I will not support such behavior.
Sorry for the dumb question, this has probably been explained but I didn't find any info on this:
Yesterday I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition for 49€ and got 8€ store credit, so far so good. In my e-mail I have the receipt for Deluxe Edition.

In my library it shows as Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition and it doesn't link to the store page. What gives?

Again I'm terribly sorry for asking this but I want to know if I did something wrong.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by JKN91
JKN91: Sorry for the dumb question, this has probably been explained but I didn't find any info on this:
Yesterday I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition for 49€ and got 8€ store credit, so far so good. In my e-mail I have the receipt for Deluxe Edition.

In my library it shows as Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition and it doesn't link to the store page. What gives?

Again I'm terribly sorry for asking this but I want to know if I did something wrong.
Send your question to support! They will help you out. :)

I was taking a look at the description page. It seems that all the goodies will only be released, at the official game date, I presume. Perhaps that's why it says Classic edition for now?

Also, did you receive the gift codes for "The Bard's Tale" and "Wasteland 1"?
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Nicole28
Nicole28: Send your question to support! They will help you out. :)

I was taking a look at the description page. It seems that all the goodies will only be released, at the official game date, I presume. Perhaps that's why it says Classic edition for now?

Also, did you receive the gift codes for "The Bard's Tale" and "Wasteland 1"?
I did receive the codes for the two games, yes. I successfully redeemed Wasteland 1.

You are right in that I ought to take it to support, I'll wait if I get an answer here for a bit, if not then maybe it's best that I'll contact GoG directly.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by JKN91
JKN91: I did receive the codes for the two games, yes. I successfully redeemed Wasteland 1.

You are right in that I ought to take it to support, I'll wait if I get an answer here for a bit, if not then maybe it's best that I'll contact GoG directly.
You're welcome! :)

By the way, I found a thread that may help you out. GOG apparently is selling a deluxe digital version now, then later, a classic edition sometime down the line.

http://www.gog.com/forum/wasteland_series/wasteland_2_pricing

The difference between the 2, seems to be the extras that will come with it.
JKN91: In my library it shows as Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition and it doesn't link to the store page. What gives?
The same thing happenend to me. The gift codes are available and all extras are listed. It seems normal to me and wouldn't be the first time GOG added a deluxe version awkwardly. (AoW 3 had a similar issue)
JMich: Other platforms include retail. Deep Silver is covering the retail part, aren't they?
Deep Silver is distributor, not publisher.
Regionally priced? Gouging the UK/EU? Guess they're not really keen on my money then.
Interesting. I wonder if its price will be increased to GOG/Steam levels on the day of release.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Grargar
Sorry about this guys but there has been another update:

SECOND PRICE UPDATE: There has been a change in price for Russian rubles, British pounds, and Australian dollars:
- The price in Russian rubles has been decreased from 1049 RUB to 899 RUB
- The price in British pounds has been increased from 39.99 to 44.99 GBP and we have adjusted our Fair Price Package accordingly (from 2.3 GBP to 6.8 GBP in store credit)
-The price in Australian dollars has been increased from 65.29 AUD to 68.99 AUD and we have the Fair Price Package of 3.4 AUD in store credit.

OP edited as well.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by JudasIscariot
Geez. They're really beating up their customers on this one. Who's making these decisions?

The thing is, I figured when Numenaria gets released here, I'm probably in for the full $54 USD. This really stinks, though. Just terrible decision making from a game that has already had its entire production costs pre-funded.
JudasIscariot: SECOND PRICE UPDATE
yogsloth: Just terrible decision making
Pretty sure I will have forgotten this game exists by the time it reaches a price I'd be willing to pay, which seems to keep dropping.
Vow another increase who would have expected that. This is basically riping off european customers which can not be explained by VAT differences. Basically its pure greed on the developers side.
Post edited September 12, 2014 by Matruchus