It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Epic.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World, a fantastic turn-based strategy game of truly epic proportions and unmatched depth of gameplay and some RPG elements, is now available for pre-order on GOG.com, for only $19.99.

When you pre-order Eador: Masters of the Broken World on GOG.com, you get a free copy of its critically acclaimed predecessor, Eador: Genesis, or--if you already own it--a 10% discount on your price!

The world of Eador has long forgotten that it once was whole. The great mystical cataclysm that scattered its shards in the great empty void is but a legend passed from one generation to another for millennia. In this divided realm burns the fire of everlasting struggle for power. The majestic, immortal Masters of this strange lands seek domination over their peers and their mortal subjects. In a world so scarred, yet so beautiful and filled with life, you are one of those godlike beings who shape the history and fate. The quests that await you seem endless. The enemies--deem themselves unbeatable. The challenge seems impossible. Yet--you have an eternal existence before you, and only one goal: glory.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World is a long-awaited continuation to the phenomenal Eador: Genesis, a game dubbed to be the ultimate incarnation of the heroic, magical, and mighty turn-based strategy genre. The sequel improves the game's aesthetics dramatically, while retaining everything that the fans love about the gameplay. You will be amazed by the incredibly epic scale of the world you're destined to conquer. This game can easily consume you whole for countless hours, as its challenging gameplay, endless possibilities, and diverse world become your passion--or obsession. If you were to play one, and only one, turn-based strategy for the rest of your life--make sure it's this one.

Pre-order Eador: Masters of the Broken World, to get instant access to goodies that include a soundtrack, and redeem your free copy of Eador: Genesis--a game that alone takes way more 200 hours to play through. Or, if you already own it, you'll only pay $17.99 (that's 10% off!) to pre-order the upcoming Eador: Masters of the Broken World. The offer lasts approximately until Friday, April 19, when we expect to see the game's release.

Ask Developer a Question

The wonderful people from Snowbird Games have decided to spare some of their crunch time and answer some questions from the GOG community.

What do you want to know about Eador series?
Are you interested in the creative process behind creating fantasy TBS?
Maybe you want to know more about Snowbird’s future plans?

We will select the ten best answers from the comments below and send them to the developers of Eador: Genesis and Eador: Masters of the Broken World. In addition to that, three of the commenters below (selected randomly) will get a free $9.99 game
Fenixp: And just so I can actually say something helpful
Good to see you actually saying something helpful for a change. Wouldn't mind seeing that more often.
Skunk: Good to see you actually saying something helpful for a change. Wouldn't mind seeing that more often.
I'm actually keeping it 50:50, more or less :-P See now I'm countering my helpful post by this post.
I´m still totally overwhelmed by the grapics:
Eador: Genesis is a nice game with...how to call it...
simply shitty technique!
Lags in the main menu and also the whole rest of the game´s graphics:
SHITTY! Esspacially when it came to the point of animation!
Heroes II was better, cause it had more style...

And now this!
Simply awesome, fairy-tale like look combinded with an engine witch seems to be better than the one of Heroes VI---totally flashing!
Now this game has my complete attention... Looks good and I hope it will be heaps of fun. However, I do not have 200+ hours to play through the Genesis, so I guess I will wait a while... But I'm gonna get my hands around this flashy new one for sure quite son....
How does this relate to Heroes of Might and Magic again?
RafaelLopez: How does this relate to Heroes of Might and Magic again?
You build buildings in your castle, you build heroes, and you give heroes units and combat takes place in a hex-based grid, your heroes gain levels and give you a selection of three random abilities from their ability pool every level-up. Those are the similarities, pretty much.
Dt3r: The forum here on GOG is pretty active, so stop by and we'll see if we can answer more of your questions. :)
Thanks, I might have to take you up for it. :-)

Getting into a new strategy game is always a bit of a scary prospect for me because you just can't know what you're getting. The difficulty level never seems to be (for me) what people tell it is. I've had an easy time with some strat. games that have been infamous for being really tough, but then again I've never been able to finish a Heroes campaign. It seems games with micromanagement have more of a tendency to kick my butt. Or maybe I'm just better at tactical games rather than strategy games.
Sorry if this has aready been asked
.............................................................................................................. .

Are there any other games in production like eador, or perhaps any another eader planned to be released withen the first year or so after this releases.
Question to developer:

As someone who has not played the previous Eador will it be possible/easy to get into Eador: Masters of the Broken World? Will there be a fully funcitonal tutorial/guide to new players to get into the series and learn it?

---------end question.

I ask this because recently it seems a lot of strategy titles have been sorely lacking in this department and it makes it hard to newer players to pick up and play the game without devoting a lot of time to fan-made tutorial videos or reading lots nad lots of forum posts/wiki's.

Games like Sword of the Stars 2, Anno 2070, Crusader kings 2, etc lacked basic tutorials at release that really impacted my enjoyment for getting into th egame until I devote d alot of time thorugh trial and error/youtube videos.

First impressions mean a lot of people and I know when new players try to play such games (which are usually quite complicated) it can really turn people off.
I still haven't played the first opus, but will definitely keep my eye on this one. If I ever get the time to play through my backlog of games, that its...
SimpleUser: Hmmm that and the fact of only 10% discount makes me think I'll pass.

If GOG offered my a refund for the original I would certainly pay the $19.99 for both games.

Had I been aware of this remake coming out - seemingly so soon after releasing it on GOG - then I would have probably saved my pennies...oh well.

Its a great game though! ;)
I'm very much of the same mind here - previous pre-orders offered more of a discount (25% or so) making the 10% (only to those who already own Genesis) seem...lacking. Pre-orders are a gamble too - even the most respected developers with the best track records can release a stillborn.
Eador Genesis was awesome (almost as awesome as Age of Wonders), I still play it from time to time, so I'm happy the sequel is almost at our doorsteps.
Stiler: ...
Since it'll be basically the same thing as the previous Eador with a few tweaks, I think it's safe to say that there's really not that much to learn in the first place, and genesis at least provided a very good tutorial for an indie game. It's the easy to learn ,hard to master kind of game.
Licurg: It's not just a remake, they're adding stuff other than graphics.
Yep, I saw mbpopolano's post ( thanks to him for the Let's play link by the way ).
But it feels like playing Discord Times while waiting for Legends of Eisenwald release : neither the same game updated nor a real sequel.
I'll go straight to MotBW for Eador.
ArchonPC: I'll go straight to MotBW for Eador.
You don't have to :) If you pre-order MotBW, you get a free copy of Genesis(if you don't already have one).