It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
pomstazlesa: they could still mask it with 9.99€ and then get back 2.50€ as gog mentioned it their video
Sorry, which video?
Sad news, still haven't got Gothic 3 and Painkiller for some reason or another, must buy->
pomstazlesa: they could still mask it with 9.99€ and then get back 2.50€ as gog mentioned it their video
djdarko: Sorry, which video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZQL-8SDyi8
wolfsrain: Nordic still sells those games DRM free on Gamersgate. So don't think that they want out of that game.
Gamersgate isn't 100% DRM free, so I don't want to contribute money to a system that enables DRM to exist.
I'm thinking about buying Aquanox 2. From what I've heard there isn't free roam between missions like in Freelancer, but are the missions open or are they linear corridor shooter missions?
htown1980: thanks for the link. to me that sounds exactly like Nordic removing their games from gog's catalogue because they don't like/can't do the fair pricing thing.
eiii: It's not the publisher which makes the "fair" prices. The publisher gets it's "unfair" prices from GOG anyway. It's GOG which makes the "fair" prices for customers and compensates for the difference. Probably the difference in the case of the Nordic games would have been too high for GOG to make it an attractive deal. And that's the problem, "fair" prices make it unattractive for GOG to sell some games.
1. The prices today are almost unchanged in real terms from the prices one week ago.

2. It is the publisher who has absolute control over what price it wishes to sell its game for.

3. It is the publisher who refuses to agree to alter their pricing structure to accommodate gog's "fair" prices.

Nordic had the option of agreeing to fair prices. They chose not to. Good riddance to them in my view.
phaolo: Should I also re-consider any of these?

Low-avg reviews:
- Spellforce 2 Demons Of The Past (5$)
- Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
- Summoner
- Red Faction 1
- Black Mirror 1
- Gothic 3

Probably bad:
- Black Mirror 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Full Spectrum Warrior TH
- Dark Fall 1: The Journal
- Dark Fall 2: Lights Out
- AquaNox 1
- Alien Nations 1
- Alien Nations 2 Gold Edition
- Neighbours From Hell Compilation
Ok, for now I'm considering these missing games:
- The Guild 2 Renaissance
- Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
- Gothic 3
- Summoner (maybe)

Should I really add others from the list above? (please add details)

Search tag: phaolo1
Post edited August 28, 2014 by phaolo
Lots of heartbreak I'm reading in this thread.
I'm sorry these games had to go. I know publishing rights are very fickle things, and that there are many obligations and dues to take care of before a deal can be cemented. Since GOG's vision has many tenants that are considered outlandish in today's business standard, I can imagine that there's a lot of red tape to pass.

Keep on truckin', GOG. It must be hard to do what you do.

/Support you 100%.
//Total fanboy.
Well there's a few games I'd be interested in that I didn't have in my collection, but if Nordic is pulling out because of the pricing then I think I'll either skip or get them on the bay no point in giving them money.

Prolly just skip if it's true nordic is still drm free.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Reaper9988
Reaper9988: Well there's a few games I'd be interested in that I didn't have in my collection, but if Nordic is pulling out because of the pricing then I think I'll either skip or get them on the bay no point in giving them money.
We have no idea what the disagreement was really about, since it wasn't fully made public.

Don't use this as an excuse to pirate games.
Reaper9988: Well there's a few games I'd be interested in that I didn't have in my collection, but if Nordic is pulling out because of the pricing then I think I'll either skip or get them on the bay no point in giving them money.

The thing doesn't appear to be so simple, allegedly Nordic has to pull of due to previous deals with publishers that don't allow them to sell their games with this pricing at the moment.
hmmmm
djdarko: We have no idea what the disagreement was really about, since it wasn't fully made public.

Like I need one.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Reaper9988
djdarko: We have no idea what the disagreement was really about, since it wasn't fully made public.

Reaper9988: I
I need an excuse ?
No, you don't. Do whatever you want.

But anyone can see from your original post that is exactly what you meant.

Shambhala: The thing doesn't appear to be so simple, allegedly Nordic has to pull of due to previous deals with publishers that don't allow them to sell their games with this pricing at the moment.
Ahh well if that's the case still bad but it would at least not be nordics fault.
Might get the spellforce saga again then since I can't find my CD's anymore anyways, guess I got 2 more days to decide.

its not an excuse but in the long run, that will be the effect of this decision. hell, I still have pirated copy of czech scrapland because only legal version to get is the english version on gamersgate. same thing will happen to nordic games if they[or anyone responsible for this] fix this problem