It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
MoP: ...So couldn't gog use that "refund the difference in Store Credit" thing to keep these title here?
undeadcow: Yeah... but the issue with Nordic/Frictional isn't title specific regional price variance; it's that all currencies now have mismatched price equivilants for ALL games on GOG. People in Russia are paying more than people in the UK and people in the US pay a different price for every title.
But, as you pointed out earlier, isn't that just small change, really? I thought it wouldn't be of that much consequence, especially since exchange rates vary, so you might safe a little today, but pay a little more next month...
low rated
JinseiNGC224: I knew this was going to happen after the huge pricing stink.

I say BRING THEM BACK and price them at whatever you need to.

This is an enormous hit to the catalog, too much to be exact. You already lost another publisher (for the Arma's) a bit ago, not to mention the Fallout's at the end of last year. Words can't describe how irrate this makes me, and I was never one of the people who hated GOG for wanting to put in regional pricing.

I feel as if this is the reality check to those who cared so much for fair pricing with no exceptions, and the lame movie selection is only supposed to try to soften the blow and fill in the gap. But people don't want movies right now. They want games.

With no good selection of games, this site will fall into the shadows. I say screw fair pricing.

A few extra bucks, or no game at all? I'll go with option A.
This. This SO HARD. If you're using the whole regional pricing thing as a scapegoat to be a cheapskate,
then eff you for taking rightful choice away from the rest of us. It's easy to say I SPEND 50% MORE!!11oneone,
because it SOUNDS huge...except when you're dealing with myriad sales and games that sometimes cost 2-3 dollars. If you want principles, whatever, that's cool, but choose some that don't completely fuck the site and the other gamers. Thanks!
high rated
undeadcow: Yeah... but the issue with Nordic/Frictional isn't title specific regional price variance; it's that all currencies now have mismatched price equivilants for ALL games on GOG. People in Russia are paying more than people in the UK and people in the US pay a different relative price for every title.
Please tell me you're not complaining about ~1% pricing differences because the "pretty" prices ending in ...9 don't match the market exchange rates exactly. Talk about missing the forest for the trees... Especially as anyone affected is free to switch back to USD.
Gothic, gone? Fuck, I don't even have the time to check on why. But this is depressing.

I guess best I can do for now is buy everything I don't yet own. The rest can wait until I have more time for the forum again.
I'm sad to see Silver go, it's a really fun RPG :(
undeadcow: Crap. I hate to say it but f it means wholesale removal of games... maybe regional pricing is something to consider...

Matruchus: And about two weeks ago Nordic was talking about releasing more games here. What the hell happened.
undeadcow: Yeah, this... totally unexpected "about face" here.
No no no, GOG must stand up unto them.
WildHobgoblin: But, as you pointed out earlier, isn't that just small change, really? I thought it wouldn't be of that much consequence, especially since exchange rates vary, so you might safe a little today, but pay a little more next month...
It might be small change for each user; but for a published selling hundreds of games across 35 titles over the course of time it would probably add up.

Sargon: No no no, GOG must stand up unto them.
GOG has since clarified the issue isn't a regional price requested by published but GOG's own mis-matched currency conversion system so maybe it's Nordic taking a stand for fair consistent pricing not GOG.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by undeadcow
Any recommendations? I'm picking up Desperados and Amnesia.
JinseiNGC224: I knew this was going to happen after the huge pricing stink.

A few extra bucks, or no game at all? I'll go with option A.
LiquidOxygen80: This. This SO HARD. If you're using the whole regional pricing thing as a scapegoat to be a cheapskate,
then eff you for taking rightful choice away from the rest of us. It's easy to say I SPEND 50% MORE!!11oneone,
because it SOUNDS huge...except when you're dealing with myriad sales and games that sometimes cost 2-3 dollars. If you want principles, whatever, that's cool, but choose some that don't completely fuck the site and the other gamers. Thanks!
THANK YOU!
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Ultra_DTA
Zeyes: Please tell me you're not complaining about ~1% pricing differences because the "pretty" prices ending in ...9 don't match the market exchange rates exactly. Talk about missing the forest for the trees... Especially as anyone affected is free to switch back to USD.
Yeah... from a customer perspective but the publisher over a large number of sales probably sees things differently.
So no more Titan Quest coming...
they dont like to get fair price for everyone? that sounds like they dont want my money. so they will get nothing from me. this is really stupid. it only encourages more people to pirate it, or worse, get it from cheapest region. internet have no oceans. wake up already!!!
It is weird that Black Mirror was added to the catalog only weeks ago to be removed shortly after. Good to see a big promotion, so I can go through the list and pick these I was on fence.

It is a shame to see a portion of GOG collection go :(.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Rinu
Huh so I just updated the GOGWiki list of removed games and there's seven that are sufficiently new they've not even been added there yet :/
G-Doc: we're introducing local currency payments, we're following the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€

For that reason, along with the local currency payment option, we're starting to use our own pricing scheme

Now, this is not your standard approach to pricing

We did our best - and so did all of our partners, to keep all of the games in our catalog and offer them in the pricing scheme we've figured out, that we think is fair to all of you guys. Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground.
PixelBoy: So basically what it all comes down to is the fact that you are introducing local currencies.
Had you continued with your US dollar only policy, there woudn't have been any "other obligations" which force some of the games to be removed.

Am I reading this right?

That leads to a question, are the benefits from local currencies so great (compared with the model that still existed this morning) that it's worthwhile pushing forward with that, even if it means that a huge part of your catalog is removed, meaning that those titles will not benefit you or their developers/publishers in any currency?
^ This.

If all this shit is happening because of local currencies, someone at GOG should step down and hand over their executive functions to their sane colleagues.