It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
davepatricks: Ok, I see some of you are experiencing the same thing as I am, I just had about a dozen and a half games just disappear from my library which included all of the ones from the last chance sale, including all past and present purchases. Any word what is going on here? Anyone from GOG care to chime in here?
Grargar: Like every other time that a game has been removed (example, Original War and the ARMA trilogy), it is a glitch; a glitch that will be corrected within the day, so I suggest you wait.
Ah! Good to know you've seen this before and how it goes. I checked in just to see if people were talking about the disappearance.

It looks like we can chill about it for a day or so. Then, if you didn't get to download, we'll be able to later.

I wondered about it when the disappeared games are downloading in the downloader application right now as they vanished from my inventory shelves.

Thanks for the reassurance :)

clifford1944: I am missing a whole bunch of games myself. One of them I did not even get a chance to download. Very sad here.
Grargar posted a few above you:

Grargar: Like every other time that a game has been removed (example, Original War and the ARMA trilogy), it is a glitch; a glitch that will be corrected within the day, so I suggest you wait.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by Conrad57
Mendoch: Sigh, missed the promo (and the games) by a few hours. :(
same here had spellforce and well a quarter of the list in my cart:(

damn it! the guild! have the whole collection minus that dlc!
Post edited September 02, 2014 by ericmachado70
I have the same problem, all promo games are gone from my library (even the ones I bought a year ago). :-/
For some reason I still got Gothic 3, Black Mirror 1+2 and The Guild - Gold addition, but all the others (bought them all) are gone too, including the ones I bought long before like Gothic 2 Gold.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by Klumpen0815
My library seems to be fixed now
and painkiller is finally now gone.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by andytheGamer
Panzer Elite is still missing.
I ended up missing the promo as I couldn't decide on what I wanted. There was about 8 things I wanted between this and the Activision promo and time ran out before I'd made a decision,
hell, i missed that promo! can u please make it a little longer?
Noooo! I was planning on buying Gothic 3. Now I missed it :(
Klumpen0815: Panzer Elite is still missing.
My missing games are all back, including that one. No more empty spots on my shelves. :)
Gnostic: Except that there is no motivation for Nordic to use your solution beyond PR stuff.

Not when a bigger crowd is willing to pay the regional price that the loss sales of the few that are put off by the pricing are inconsequential.

Regional pricing can only be changed what you are able to convince the majority of consumers, from all platform.

If you look from the publisher perspective, What, you already demand so much things, and then demand that I work more to EARN LESS?
denonoon3019: The bigger crowd is actually looking to alternative means and that's not always legal means.

I'm firmly against regional pricing as well.

IN UK you can get The Sims 4 for 38 pounds, here in Australia, we pay $90 ($100 for premium) bucks from your local EB/JB-HIFI.

If you convert 38 pounds, that's roughly ~$70 here.

Remove the whole exchange money BS, and it's $52 bucks difference between UK and Australia of the same version of the game, excluding currency.

Half the reason to use the internet is to look for better and cheaper deals, not more expensive.
Short Version
1. A minority does not matter as much to the publisher as their majority customer base. Especially the minority may hurt their "Perceived Earnings".

2. DO NOT BUY THE GAME IS THE SAME AS GOG DO NOT ADD THESE GAME TO THEIR CATALOG

3. There is no such thing as fair pricing

Longer Version

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/186940/Defenders_Quest_By_the_Numbers_Part_2.php
Taking the data from 2013 Steam sold 20K copies of the same game while GOG sold 3K. Direct Sales is 12K, 4 time more than GOG.

So if Steam have 40M users, GOG should have 3M users based from the above statistic.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-responds-to-steam-sales-criticism/1100-6386601/
Now the Accursed Origin have 11M user.

I find it hard to believe myself that Origin have more users than GOG, and I know the actual numbers may very, but with numbers so large, even if Origin does not have around 4 times GOG customer base, it should have twice of GOG customer base.

Weep in a corner "Oh gamers, why thou vote with thine gold so, thou dost knowest what hast thou wrought on yon world"

There may be an even larger crowd that does not get their games legally, hence that spark all the DRM issues that punish honest customer. I think it is logical to say most of these illegal gamers will not buy the game no matter what, especially with all the GOG, Steam, Humble Bundle + whatever Distribution platform Sales. Hence this group have no weight in the publisher decisions.

With the market force against us, it is either lose the games + possibly lose more + lose many new games or pay more for DRM free. Or we can wait longer for a sales. If still not satisfied, just do not buy the game. The outcome of DO NOT BUY THE GAME IS THE SAME AS GOG DO NOT ADD THESE GAME TO THEIR CATALOG. Why deprive all other GOG users from the choice to buy it at a more expensive price. Most people had been paying more than Russian and does not make much fuss about it.

Even Longer Version

There is no such thing as fair pricing, because I look at the mirror and it says so.

If I do the same work as my colleague and contribute the same or less than my colleague, but get paid higher I don't go to my boss and says "Please lower my pay because I am paid more than I should".

If I contribute more and get paid less then my colleague I will be unhappy about it. Even if I contribute less and get paid less, I will also be unhappy about it.

If I join a new company and get paid more, I don't go "Please lower my pay because other company (Region) paid less to me. I have to be fair." If I am paid less in my new company, I will be unhappy and find ways to increase my pay or try another company.

If I cannot hold the same fair standard to myself, how I expect others to do the same? The market force, boss favors will do the trick.

With the majority market force dictating regional pricing is acceptable, we lost in one area.

With the boss frowning on employees that does not do as he please, I cannot do whatever I like, how I want to sell my game (No DRM).
This employee is always late for work. (I cannot release my game in early access, it must be a stable version).
This employee like to pick on what work he like to do rather than assigned to him and rise a fuss if force to work on his assignment. (No pre-order exclusive, or exclusive of any kind)
This employee is always demanding a pay rise (No regional pricing, have to be fair price, still bitch about not getting it on sales due to too much backlog)
I have many many willing employee to do the job. (GOG community is a minority)
I have other employee who are much more effective (Other platform gives more revenue)

No wonder what publishers does, after some time when the sales goes stagnant because the game is not new and shiny anymore, they release it at GOG for recycling.

The only way publisher are going to cater our many demands is if we are going to pay a premium on it. We can demand everything under the sun and people will diligently attend to us, as long as we make their effort worth it. If we ditch our biggest bargaining chip, well......
Post edited September 02, 2014 by Gnostic
Origin overtook gog a while ago...

It's wierd seeing those titles really gone, especially that many. Less than 800 games. Also got has featured that shovelware indie title for nearly a week now. Feels kinda dead ATM - here's to a very unpredictable future!
And thanks to this sale I have exactly 100 games in my Gog library.
Now I just need time to play all of them :(
Post edited September 02, 2014 by wolfy85
eiii: The old site felt like a kind of home, where friends were doing things with love, the new site feels like yet another company homepage, where people do things for money.
Very well said. If I leave out all my complaints about the new site, that would sum up exactly how I feel.
Gnostic: I find it hard to believe myself that Origin have more users than GOG, and I know the actual numbers may very, but with numbers so large, even if Origin does not have around 4 times GOG customer base, it should have twice of GOG customer base.
I don't. Remember that EA and Ubisoft force customers to use Origin and UPlay to play any of their new games. Even I have an Origin account, but the only games on it are EA games that are either Origin only or that let me activate from my Steam copy. I will not buy anything else from Origin. I don't have a UPlay account, which is keeping me from Watch Dogs, but I won't trust Ubisoft ever again regarding DRM.