It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anachronox, Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, and the Thief series 75% off!

Here, at GOG.com, we tried to do the math and come up with an answer to one particular question that bothers the hell out of theoretical physicists and kills the holiday mood for them: how much energy would Santa need to propel his sled around the world in a single night, while it carries billions of gifts to the nice children of planet Earth. We ended up with "ZOMG! That much? Impossible!". That's how we came to the conclusion, that Santa's sled must be a very technologically advanced device. He's been using it for a while, so probably some steampunk-ish invention. Or there's the other possibility--bionically enhanced reindeer! Either way, this calls for a [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/cyberpunk___steampunk_bundle]Cyberpunk & Steampunk Bundle!

Anachronox, the amazing Sci-Fi adventure takes you to the mysterious artificial alien planet of unknown origin, that over time became a highly-populated, multi-racial city. As the noir-style detective Sly Boots you try to form a party that will uncover and put a stop to a deadly plot. All this in the form of a complex RPG with Final Fantasy-ish combat and a colorful world to explore. Yours for only $1.49!

Deus Ex: GOTY Edition is a legendary FPS/RPG hybrid in which you take on a dark conspiracy in the dystopian cyberpunk future, as the bionically enhanced agent J.C. Denton. Deus Ex2: Invisible War takes you even 20 years further into the future and lets you travel around the world to check that J.C. didn't miss any malevolent secret organizations during his mission (spoiler alert: he did). Each of those games is only $2.49 today!

Thief GOLD, Thief 2: The Metal Age, and Thief 3: The Deadly Shadows take us to a world that gradually fills with strange steampunk machinery over the years. We follow the exploits of the master-thief by the name of Garret, who could sneak into your room through the chimney right after Santa leaves and switch the gifts in your stockings for a lump of coal. Luckily, he prefers larger challenges and grander prizes. Each of his games is $2.49, today!

Normally, you would need to pay about $56 to get all those amazing Cyberpunk & Steampunk games, but today you can nab them for less than $14! You save around $42 for your next bionic implant or a new set of water arrows. Or you could, you know, use it to treat yourself to even more games out of GOG.com catalog? Most of them are now discounted by up to 50%!
Limited game budget, so passing on Deus Ex 2 (the only one I don't have)...
Post edited December 16, 2012 by adambiser
Raze_Larian: I bought Anachronox and the Thief games in a 60% off sale awhile ago. Had I waited I could have gotten the Deus Ex games, as well, (which I don't want) and saved 40 cents. Oh well.
And just how would YOU have time to play? Aren't you busy with a Divine calling? ;)
Someday I'll have lots of free time, and will be able to start making a dent in my game backlog. I might have to live as long as Zandalor to do so, but it is still theoretically possible.

Besides, would GOG be able to survive if people only bought games they were going to play right away?
mxh178: why would people like that less than the way this one is?
ShaolinsKunk: Probably because people are never satisfied. That would be my guess anyway.
No, in my opinion GOG wants you to buy the hole collection, what´s ok when you really want at least 4 games. But my guess is that some guys think: "I just want 1-2 game/s, bit the rest is probably also fun so I take them all". So you spend 2x more money to also have games you dont want and you probably never play.
Besides there are a lot of great bundles going arround these days (humble, indi gala, indie royal...)

Greets!
SirPrimalform: Hmm... no deal. I have 5 of the 6 games, but on disc.

There's no incentive to buy the remaining one I want, since if I don't buy the whole bundle then it's just 50% off, which isn't a daily deal.
Wrong.
If you finish the whole bundle, even if by just one last game, you get the big % off.

(Generally, even in promos (other than pwyw) with more complicated rules, the games you've bought previously count as... um... well... bought.)

edit: Never mind, I haven't read that carefully enough. (It's not very clear even on second reading -- on what kind of disc?)
Post edited December 16, 2012 by gorthaurcz
Ghorpm: Oh no! Such a brilliant piece of advice and yet I cannot follow it! You were to slow, I've already done it! ;)
mondo84: You did the right thing.
Yup, it seems so. The only problem is DE:IW and Thief 3 doesn't work but I hope I will manage to solve the problem before I have time to play them (not to mention: I will have to finish firs part/parts of the series)

EDIT: I've just fixed everything ;)
Post edited December 16, 2012 by Ghorpm
Witcher13: No, in my opinion GOG wants you to buy the hole collection, what´s ok when you really want at least 4 games. But my guess is that some guys think: "I just want 1-2 game/s, bit the rest is probably also fun so I take them all". So you spend 2x more money to also have games you dont want and you probably never play.
Besides there are a lot of great bundles going arround these days (humble, indi gala, indie royal...)

Greets!
You're looking at it from the wrong angle......Yes, you pay a bit more to buy less games if you don't want to buy the entire bundle on offer, but you still get the games on offer for cheaper than you'd normally pay for them........and on top of that you'd get unlimited downloads of the game and it's extras(if any) for as long as GOG exists, a DRM free copy of the game(s) in question, and a very simple and easy to use installer. :)
Post edited December 16, 2012 by GameRager
SirPrimalform: Hmm... no deal. I have 5 of the 6 games, but on disc.

There's no incentive to buy the remaining one I want, since if I don't buy the whole bundle then it's just 50% off, which isn't a daily deal.
gorthaurcz: Wrong.
If you finish the whole bundle, even if by just one last game, you get the big % off.

(Generally, even in promos (other than pwyw) with more complicated rules, the games you've bought previously count as... um... well... bought.)
True... you still get 75% on the remaining game. Check and see :P
gorthaurcz: Wrong.

N0x0ss: True... you still get 75% on the remaining game. Check and see :P
I think that the point is, the games he has are not GOG versions, so GOG doesn't know he has them & therefore won't give him the credit....
Witcher13: No, in my opinion GOG wants you to buy the hole collection, what´s ok when you really want at least 4 games. But my guess is that some guys think: "I just want 1-2 game/s, bit the rest is probably also fun so I take them all". So you spend 2x more money to also have games you dont want and you probably never play.

Greets!
GameRager: You're looking at it from the wrong angle......Yes, you pay a bit more to buy less games if you don't want to buy the entire bundle on offer, but you still get the games on offer for cheaper than you'd normally pay for them........and on top of that you'd get unlimited downloads of the game and it's extras(if any) for as long as GOG exists, a DRM free copy of the game(s) in question, and a very simple and easy to use installer. :)
I guess I have another point of view... Everyone must decide for her/himself... I just think everyone should think about what she/he already has (unplayed) and what could be played in the next 3-6 months.

Greets!
This is stupid, I just bought the whole bundle because it was cheaper then buying only the games I wanted. I mean, when on earth will I be so bored I'd want to play Deus Ex: Invisible War?
HiPhish: This is stupid, I just bought the whole bundle because it was cheaper then buying only the games I wanted. I mean, when on earth will I be so bored I'd want to play Deus Ex: Invisible War?
Thats what Im talking about^^
HiPhish: This is stupid, I just bought the whole bundle because it was cheaper then buying only the games I wanted. I mean, when on earth will I be so bored I'd want to play Deus Ex: Invisible War?
This is exactly what happens with practically any of my indie game bundle purchases.
I often buy them for a single or two games only and the bundle is always cheaper than the regular prices (even though I practically always pay more than the bundle minimum).

Just don't download the games you don't want (so you don't produce bandwidth cost).
Calibrator: Just don't download the games you don't want (so you don't produce bandwidth cost).
Yeah, I've already hidden the games I don't want. Then in a few years I will be wondering "Why the f*** do I own Deus Ex: Invisible War?" ;) In general I download all my games and then store them on an external hard drive, so I don't have to re-download them again, saves GoG the bandwisth and me the time.
ShaolinsKunk: Probably because people are never satisfied. That would be my guess anyway.
Witcher13: No, in my opinion GOG wants you to buy the hole collection, what´s ok when you really want at least 4 games.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to get across. People will obnoxiously complain about anything that wasn't exactly what they wanted. I don't know if it was this thread or another but someone was talking about how even when they gave away Duke Nukem 3d away FOR FREE someone was whining that they wanted a different game instead.

That's what I meant when I answered mxh on why people would like your idea of a sale less than how it was already set up, because even if you satisfy one group of gamers another group of gamers would loudly whine about how they feel entitled to the way *they* want it to be.

Like others have pointed out before elsewhere: just be grateful they're putting anything on sale at all, they're not legally or morally obligated to sell you these games on your terms. Sure, it's just good business to have sales and such but they don't actually owe you anything.

I'm not saying you were being particularly obnoxious but people whining about not getting exactly what they want at the price they want (which is damn close to free for some people) is incredibly annoying.