It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: What's the relevance of that?
Zchinque: Possibility of doing a meta-read.
I'm doing that very thing in game #6

To be clear - sometimes so-called 'meta-gaming' can be a very useful tool. It is known that nmillar hasn't been Mafia in ANY games he has been in (thats all of them 1-5). So you can go look at how he posted in those games, how he reacted to pressure, get a general pattern to how he played, with the foreknowledge he wasn't Mafia in those games. Then compare that to this game - is his pattern different? Is he quieter? Noisier?? Could be because he has a different role this game....

Incidentally, I'm currently after nmillar in game #6 - (to all experienced players, i know this is a bit off mentioning another game so much, but this is meant to be a constructive game for beginners) - and one of the reasons is that very early on in day 1 I just got the impression his posts were different to 'normal' - different to his usual pattern in other games. Its not the only reason, but it all adds up....
Zchinque: Fake edit:

To avoid letting nmillar skate by with an "I did answer that", I suppose I should be a bit more verbose.

nmillar, I do not accept your "to get the game moving" answer. GameRager was put at L-1 less than 24 hours before you posted (exactly how much less I do not know, shitty timestamps). He had not posted after said vote. Why would you then hammer him, rather than extract a claim, which would give more information, and possibly get the game moving again?

Has nmillar been scum in a game yet?
I had already mentioned GameRager and JoeSapphire being my prime suspects due to their roleplaying antics; GameRager moving to L-1 gave me the opportunity to lynch one of my prime suspects and get the game moving at the same time.

Preview edit: No, I haven't been scum in any game yet.

For the newbies: The reason Zchinque has brought this up is because he's looking to see if my playstyle here has been the same as in previous games. As I've been town in every other game to date, it would be likely that if I am town in this game that I should adopt the same playing style. The downside to me not having been mafia in any game is that nobody (myself included) knows how I would play such a game.
Zchinque: Possibility of doing a meta-read.
Robbeasy: I'm doing that very thing in game #6

To be clear - sometimes so-called 'meta-gaming' can be a very useful tool. It is known that nmillar hasn't been Mafia in ANY games he has been in (thats all of them 1-5). So you can go look at how he posted in those games, how he reacted to pressure, get a general pattern to how he played, with the foreknowledge he wasn't Mafia in those games. Then compare that to this game - is his pattern different? Is he quieter? Noisier?? Could be because he has a different role this game....

Incidentally, I'm currently after nmillar in game #6 - (to all experienced players, i know this is a bit off mentioning another game so much, but this is meant to be a constructive game for beginners) - and one of the reasons is that very early on in day 1 I just got the impression his posts were different to 'normal' - different to his usual pattern in other games. Its not the only reason, but it all adds up....
To be fair what game arnet you trying to get nmillar lynched, though that seems to be his style of play, sitting on the line of guilt and innocence.

I feel slightly hypocritical for voting him in game 6 immediately prior to posting this message and usually having the same stance but man he really makes it hard not to with multiple hammer votes makes me believe he must have been an inquisator in a past life lol.

But if anyone seems different in this game I would say its you, In this game you seem more eager to cover all bases and try and push other players into the limelight, highlighting our differences and making up some poor conspiracy theory that we are all in cahoots, problem is if its a stock games theres 2 mafia and youve highlighted 3 people. As opposed to the usual lets weigh up the options you seem more agressive in nature.

Knowing my luck its a couple of the newer players and they are laughing at us trying to take it other out i just havent got enough from some people to weigh in an opinion.

But i think I have the right suspect unvote, vote robbeasy
ViolatorX: I feel slightly hypocritical for voting him in game 6 immediately prior to posting this message and usually having the same stance but man he really makes it hard not to with multiple hammer votes makes me believe he must have been an inquisator in a past life lol.
Well, I do have Spanish blood ... ;)
ViolatorX: snip...

But if anyone seems different in this game I would say its you, In this game you seem more eager to cover all bases and try and push other players into the limelight, highlighting our differences and making up some poor conspiracy theory that we are all in cahoots, problem is if its a stock games theres 2 mafia and youve highlighted 3 people. As opposed to the usual lets weigh up the options you seem more agressive in nature.

Knowing my luck its a couple of the newer players and they are laughing at us trying to take it other out i just havent got enough from some people to weigh in an opinion.

But i think I have the right suspect unvote, vote robbeasy
I cant see how I'm playing any differently to my 'usual' way at all...

My usual style is to come up with lots of theories and see if i get any reactions - in every game I play I have never been backward in coming forward with my opinions and wild theories.
The theory you cite - the one where I say you zchinque and nmillar are all in cahoots, but that cant be cos there are 2 mafia in this game.....

If you want a poor theory, theres one right there. I never implied all three of you were in cahoots, it was almost mentioned in passing. You can see how much stock i put into that theory by the fact I just said 'seems like a pointless debate is all.....' and didnt FoS or Vote for anyone!

The one thing i am doing is trying to point out a lot of things for the newbies among us , to give them a hand in the game - Im trying to get them to see how to infer stuff, what to look for - if thats what you mean by 'pushing other players into the limelight'. Yes, I am starting to worry about the quieter players, like Ovoon and Silver, and highlighting their play.

Any good town person would - why do you find it so objectionable??!
NMillar - 2: JoeSapphire, Zchinique
Robbeasy - 1: ViolatorX
Ovoon - 1: NMillar

Not Voting: Robbeasy, Ovoon, Xyem, Silverfire675.

This is an unofficial vote tally.

Ovoon, Silverfire and Xyem are making a bit of a mockery of proceedings by refusing to participate. They can't all be mafia! So what's going on guys?

Though I think NMillar deserves my vote I'm going to change it. Vote Xyem.
Where's this update of your suspicions we were promised? eh?

If we go with the lynch all lurkers policy in this game, the mafia could well have won by the time we're halfway through!
Sorry, unvote NMillar, Vote Xyem
JoeSapphire: Sorry, unvote NMillar, Vote Xyem
I agree those three players are not contributing, although I get the impression looking back Xyem at least contributed more than the other two. Can you tell me why you picked him out the three, or was it a random choice??

Plus, I did try and do the same thing not long back (post #163) with Ovoon, but was roundly ignored by everyone except nmillar....
JoeSapphire: Where's this update of your suspicions we were promised? eh?
I've just been busy. Didn't even realise it had been two days since I last posted (apologies to everyone for that). I've put everyone's posts into this program so I can easily read them/add notes/see who voted for who. Reading them on the forum, I keep thinking Robbeasy and JoeSapphire's posts are each other because of the black & white avatars :P

My primary FoS is on the low volume posters as I've mentioned before, though JoeSapphire is rising. Voting for me twice for very little (stated) reason and as Robbeasy has pointed out, out of those mentioned, I've posted the most, so why choose me? And saying I'm "mock[ing] the preceedings by refusing to participate" is a bit harsh considering I haven't even received a reminder since my last post... seems like he is trying to get rid of me, involving trying to make me look worse than I am.
Xyem has written more than the others, though the contribution is still quite minimal. I'd forgotten actually that I voted for him at the beginning; the response to THAT vote I think was more serious than I'd expected, I was still treating the game as "had not yet really started."

My current reason for voting Xyem is that I think he has quite a comfortable position of being one of the people who isn't doing much, but he's the lesser of the three evils.
- bah. trying to put together a coherent argument for this is becoming too difficult.
I just don't think he should be able to hide in the shadows of the other two.
He's quick to defend himself. Not sure if that means anything though, it's a natural reaction.

It wasn't so much that it was two days since the last post as that the last post was not really even related to this game. In my eyes it was four days since your last post!

But I hope you haven't taken actual offense at my "mockery" remark. Please forgive me the occasional hyperbole.
Sorry, I've been gone for the past few days.
I'm not going to assume the other inactive people are guilty, because they probably have the same excuse as me, and I don't want to hang another townie. JoeSapphire... I'm watchin' you boy. -0_0-
Sorry, I've accidentaly erased this votecount when I tried to edit typo.
You can refer to Joe's one if you want to know former votecount.
Post edited July 31, 2011 by Vitek
I honestly don't know who to vote for. One day everyone is suspicious to me, the next day they all seem indiscernible. -.-

Guess I'm looking for more standout proof...
JoeSapphire: Xyem has written more than the others, though the contribution is still quite minimal.
It's difficult to contribute when little is going on and I don't want to just FoS or vote for people who just happen to be the only ones talking.

JoeSapphire: My current reason for voting Xyem is that I think he has quite a comfortable position of being one of the people who isn't doing much, but he's the lesser of the three evils.
- bah. trying to put together a coherent argument for this is becoming too difficult.
I just don't think he should be able to hide in the shadows of the other two.
He's quick to defend himself. Not sure if that means anything though, it's a natural reaction.
I can understand what you are saying, but I don't think it is a good reason to vote for me. A considerable amount of my posts were responses to GR, who is also on the board a lot. Now he is gone, posting has slowed down a lot and my posts have simply slowed down to match. It's also much easier to defend oneself against an accusation than it is to read 150 posts :P

JoeSapphire: It wasn't so much that it was two days since the last post as that the last post was not really even related to this game. In my eyes it was four days since your last post!
I'm not sure how finding out the mechanics of the game to try and get some information from the night activities is not related to this game..

JoeSapphire: But I hope you haven't taken actual offense at my "mockery" remark. Please forgive me the occasional hyperbole.
Nah, don't worry, I didn't.
JoeSapphire: Xyem has written more than the others, though the contribution is still quite minimal.
xyem: It's difficult to contribute when little is going on and I don't want to just FoS or vote for people who just happen to be the only ones talking.

..snip
@xyem, silverfire, ovoon.

It IS difficult to contribute when little is going on, but this is the whole crux of the game - if you dont contribute, the game goes nowhere! At this early stage, you can have the slimmest of reasons to point the finger of suspicion....just take myself for example.

I had one post where I pointed out the 'jailkeeper' debate between nmillar, zchinque and violatorx seemed a little suspect. Yes, the slimmest of reasons, not exactly damning and I didnt really think they were all Mafia playing the 'dont like each other' game,but its a Starting point! ViolatorX then used my post to attack me, rightly pointing out its a newbie game of 9 players, therefore only 2 Mafia are in the game. I'm used to playing the 12 person game and had forgot that little point, but my post wasn't because I really thought they were in cahoots - it was done JUST to provoke reactions, which I got from ViolatorX.

As town you HAVE to come up with this sort of thing, otherwise you will just be accused of fence-sitting, non-posting, and lurking - all Mafia ploys in this game. If you dont, pressure WILL be applied so you have to come out and defend yourselves at least - and I think we have reached that point.

So - as Xyem has reacted well to joes 'prod' Im going to move my attention to one of the others - lets try again with

vote Ovoon