It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While I lack any solid proof, I still find suspicion in JoeSapphire.

I'll wait around a little longer before voting.
You voted already. I think votes are carried over to the new day - I could be wrong?

I begin to believe that I have become a "safe" suspicion for when someone has nothing better to say, and they have not requirement for justification.

Is it fair to argue that, since I've been writing less... manically, and since that ONE post of creative description, I have had no orthographic techniques with which to distract you.
Which is what you have claimed to be suspicious of - my attempt to distract you.
So, all the stuff I was attempting to distract you from should be bare and vulnerable, for you to pick up on and muse over.

A jailbreaker wouldn't be able to tell if the person they targeted was a townsmember or a mafia, and if we do have a jailbreaker the doctor can't be CERTAIN that the person they targeted was town, as it's possible the nightkill was blocked...
Can we have a doctor and jailkeeper? let me go and check before I post this. Yes it is possible.
So NMillar is now the one who misrepresented the facts. Though I believe unintentionally.

Rob - I apologise. (o;
JoeSapphire: I have had no orthographic techniques with which to distract you.
Which is what you have claimed to be suspicious of - my attempt to distract you.
I sense this may be a distraction...

Results are inconclusive.

Although I understand where you are coming from Joe. You technically haven't done anything to warrant any serious suspicious, but you have been a prominent member of this game, in such a way, that I believe you are not above the accusation of attempting to make everyone comfortable with you. (Which is exactly what the mafia would want)

This, of course, is baseless banter at this moment in time. As I said, you haven't done anything particularly condemning.

I don't know how this works but I don't want to be voting for anyone at this time.

Vote: N/A

(Pffftt. Sorry I didn't mean to edit that post above. I saw a typo that was really bugging me. :*( )
Post edited July 19, 2011 by silverfire675
Zchinque: Mandatory vote nmillar for lynching an unclaimed player.
Also, nmillar can't (or doesn't bother to) read - there is no roleblocker in this game. There might be a jailkeeper, but no roleblocker.
nmillar: Zchinque can't (or doesn't bother to) read - a Jailer's Night Action is one that protects its target from kills, but also Roleblocks its target.
...but also protects their target, so your statement is still wrong, as the jailkeeper would have no clue whether or not he prevented the kill by blocking a mafia or protecting a townie.
Also, since there is the chance that we have both a doc and a jailkeeper, even a doc can't be 100% sure that their target was townie, even though there was no nightkill.

Now, why did you cast the final vote on an unclaimed player yesterday?

nmillar: Zchinque can't (or doesn't bother to) read - a Jailer's Night Action is one that protects its target from kills, but also Roleblocks its target.
ViolatorX: Have been browsing through this thread and cant find much insightful, Though this struck me as an attempt to get people to turn on nmillar for his(apparent) lack of understanding.

Surely you of all people who bought mafia to this forums would know the role of a jailkeeper?, I see this as a slip more by you than a lack of understanding by him.
See above. I most certainly know what a jailkeeper does. I was pointing out that nmillar's claim that a roleblocker would know that their target was mafia, due to the missing NK, was wrong - as there is no roleblocker.
Do all the alive mafia have to agree on the nightkill and any roleblocking on any of them prevent the entire mafia from working? Seems stupid when they would cope just fine if the roleblocked one had died instead...

Game logic at its finest? :P
xyem: Do all the alive mafia have to agree on the nightkill and any roleblocking on any of them prevent the entire mafia from working? Seems stupid when they would cope just fine if the roleblocked one had died instead...

Game logic at its finest? :P
Going on when I was Mafia in game #3 blocking one doesnt mean the whole gang is blocked, no. Pretty sure just the target roleblocked is stopped from performing whatever they were doing, whatever that might be.

Interesting debate going on between zchinque, nmillar and violator - all played the game before, arguing about jailkeeper role and abilities. Some sort of smokescreen going on between Mafia buddies - 'lets get into an argument about something, make it look like we're not in any way at all linked, friends, mafia scum together'.

Seems a pointless little debate is all.....

unvote Ovoon, seeing as my attempt to draw out a slow poster wasn't taken up by anyone at all.....

]
silverfire675: I don't know how this works but I don't want to be voting for anyone at this time.

Vote: N/A

(Pffftt. Sorry I didn't mean to edit that post above. I saw a typo that was really bugging me. :*( )
Please don't do this! Not to correct typos, not for any other reason. You've already done this twice and I strongly advice against doing it again.

If you don't want to vote anyone you have to unvote (bolded instead of italics). See Rob's post above mine (no. 171).

JoeSapphire: You voted already. I think votes are carried over to the new day - I could be wrong?
No, votes don't carry over to next next day. Each day voting starts from the scratch.
Post edited July 20, 2011 by Vitek
Robbeasy: unvote Ovoon, seeing as my attempt to draw out a slow poster wasn't taken up by anyone at all.....
Sorry, got distracted by Zchinque's accusation, but I do agree with the 'lynch all lurkers' policy. Ovoon isn't currently providing any positive contribution to town, so in an effort to get him/her to step out of the shadows ...

Vote Ovoon.
Oh, thank you moderator.

Then I'll recast my vote on NMillar.

Killing a townsmember through the vote, laying out incorrect information about the game as if it were certain fact; information that could have convinced people that they had evidence and got them to tell everyone their role (I said before I believed this was just a mistake on NMillars part, now I'm not so sure). Two bold moves that should seem so mafia that it could only be a townsmember making silly mistakes. Even if they are just silly mistakes, that's one silly mistakes a day so far.
JoeSapphire: Oh, thank you moderator.

Then I'll recast my vote on NMillar.

Killing a townsmember through the vote, laying out incorrect information about the game as if it were certain fact; information that could have convinced people that they had evidence and got them to tell everyone their role (I said before I believed this was just a mistake on NMillars part, now I'm not so sure). Two bold moves that should seem so mafia that it could only be a townsmember making silly mistakes. Even if they are just silly mistakes, that's one silly mistakes a day so far.
People were getting bored with the slow pace of the game, so in an effort to get more information (which seemed unlikely on day one), I cast the hammer vote to get the game moving again.

In my post about doctor / roleblocker, I assumed one or the other; however, you are quite correct that if both these roles exist, then they would not know whether it was themselves or their counterpart that prevented the night kill from happening.

Zchinque's original attack on me mentioned nothing about this; he stated that there is no roleblocker in this game, while in fact there could be a jailkeeper that has a roleblocking element to his role.
Avoiding the question, nmillar? Why hammer an unclaimed player?
unvote Joesapphire
Fake edit:

To avoid letting nmillar skate by with an "I did answer that", I suppose I should be a bit more verbose.

nmillar, I do not accept your "to get the game moving" answer. GameRager was put at L-1 less than 24 hours before you posted (exactly how much less I do not know, shitty timestamps). He had not posted after said vote. Why would you then hammer him, rather than extract a claim, which would give more information, and possibly get the game moving again?

Has nmillar been scum in a game yet?
Zchinque: Has nmillar been scum in a game yet?
What's the relevance of that?
Zchinque: Has nmillar been scum in a game yet?
JoeSapphire: What's the relevance of that?
Possibility of doing a meta-read.