It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JMich: Hold it right there mister mod. Since Damnation did have some sort of protection, why was our kill attempt successful on the first try?

(Posting from an iPad, unable to quote without something to click on)
Flub got a vig shot and fired at Damnation as well.
which accounts for the two shots
at first I was disappointing that the 1-shot was wasted (same target) but it turned out fine in the end
Post edited October 07, 2013 by amok
Zchinque: Flub got a vig shot and fired at Damnation as well.
Does this mean we can now refer to Damnation as Bad Luck Damn?
Actions:

Day 1:
Amok give Flub a vig shot.
JMich does his thing.

Night 1:
Scum kills Damnation
Flub kills Damnation
Vitek protects Twilight
CSPVG investigates Ghost (gets an innocent result due to receiving a result from Quadr, and being naive)
Everyone (except SPF) sees that no one targeted SPF

Day 2:
Amok gives Twilight a second vote
JMich does his thing.

Night 2:
Scum kills SPF
Vitek protects Twilight
CSPVG investigates Twilight

Day 3:
JMich does his thing
Krypsyn kills JMich
Spectator thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/2KNt3ymFwreH
Zchinque: Thanks to everyone for playing, I hope everyone had at least a bit of fun.
I certainly did. My post restrictions were fun! I really enjoyed the way I could fake failing my restriction (well, I guess the failing and punishment were actually real); I think it helped out a bit to get Vitek to change his focus away from me at one point. I hope everyone else was at least a little amused by my restrictions.

In case anyone wonders, here are the PMs of the restrictions that I sent to Zchinque for his approval (after a bit of dilly-dallying, and bandying about over several options).

First Restriction PM:
"Okay, as shown in my first post (where it is also evident I can't work bold tags), my personal post restriction is going to be liking and/or disliking random things during the course of my post. Whether random or not, I must have an opinion one way or the other about something."

Penalty Restriction PM:
"I just broke my restriction in post 498. My punishment will be that I have to write all my posts in some sort of poetry until the end of the Day. Limericks, rhyming couplets, haiku; that sort of thing. The only thing that would be excluded from this requirement is bolded text (voting, unvoting, and daykilling). While this is going on, the like/dislike thing would be suspended."

P.S. Yay Town!
Post edited October 07, 2013 by Krypsyn
Yay town......but i was NOT a happy bunny...;(

One post i think i made - then while i was on a short 5 day holiday you lynched me!

Couldnt tell anyone i was away - and i think lurking WAS mentioned as a reason for going after me as well!

That role would have been fun..but i never got to properly use it...damn you SPF, damn you to the seven lower hells..;)
Yay town! And sorry Robbeasy, it just seemed like... one of those games. If you'd not gone on holiday then maybe you would have been able to defend yourself!

Also, boo me. I continued to be completely useless even after death. In the spectator thread all my reads continued to be completely wrong.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can't wait for Zchinque to post my further roles. I don't know if the PMs ever got written up, but I would have had a new personality every day if I hadn't been night killed. =(
Post edited October 07, 2013 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Yay town! And sorry Robbeasy, it just seemed like... one of those games. If you'd not gone on holiday then maybe you would have been able to defend yourself!
It was "one of those games". But as I said to Joe, regarding the lynching of me/Rob:
It wasn't something I had planned to happen, but I wasn't surprised. Once it was clear that the mod was a lynchable, killable entity, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. That's also why I wouldn't have made the mod a scum role. I figured it was likely you would all get together and lynch the mod because you could, not because it was a smart play. I like try to punish plays that are made only because of "why nots".
Zchinque: Spectator thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/2KNt3ymFwreH
Thanks for hosting Zchinque! Fun game and of course, very different. I hate so much having shot myself in the face by double posting. Literally lost years of life after posting that.

I did enjoy the WIFOA of shooting Damnation. I know....I'm an evil person. Let's keep that a secret mmmkay??

Why wasn't I told about this thread?!?!?!
When I claimed, I was half tempted to try to twist my role just slightly, aka, not reveal my freedom from my role just yet, to see if the MLyLo would be too tempting of a target, but I didn't think I could get away with it at the time.

And Frenchie on my late Day 2 play....Yeah, my original idea was to play somewhat more aggressive and try to push people off balance. I didn't want to make it too far since a slight mistake would leave me speedlynched. When the modkills happened I sorta found myself in the situation I didn't WANT to be in, so I was panicking quite a bit.
Woot, we won.
Not bad result considering what pickle we got into with modkills.
Last game are quite short. This is the second in row that ended in Day 3.
It's one of the shortest game we played actually.
Only games 3 and 7 were shorter and G7 only had 9 players, otherwise it would likely be longer.

Talking about modkills, I undersatnd why you did them, Zchinque, but I think they were wrong for the same reason why no modkill in my game was wrong. There the edit affected the actual game as people didn't trust the player because of it. If I had modkilled the harm would be less. Here I think nobody suspected them of foul intent, they would be ignored and modkill did more harm than letting it slide.
It was your choice, though and I respect it.

SirPrimalform: Also, boo me. I continued to be completely useless even after death. In the spectator thread all my reads continued to be completely wrong.
Stop suspecting me! :-)

When I play, I am keeping it simple.
I am lynching people for scummy things, even when they are too obvious, because I want to kill scum.
I am not lynching people for different naming, planning of picknics, not reading everything.

May I ask what was my odd behaviour? You said that town would either think you are scum or too scummy to be true and yet you said I was behaving odd to cover up knowledge. I would really like to know what you meant?

Krypsyn: I think it helped out a bit to get Vitek to change his focus away from me at one point. I hope everyone else was at least a little amused by my restrictions.
It indeed helped and I also enjoyed your verses. :-)

You lied to me, Zchinque. You were not lying that Robbeasy is on holidays but it was not the reason why he didn't get the Lifthrasil's spot. :-)
(When Zchinque asked me to replace in, I said that Robb, should get it first)

So Krypsyn was town only without actual "town" word in role. I was afraid he is neutral, bluffing about his wincon and able to win with mafia as well. That made me paranoid about going into D4. I tried to hint that I can selfprotect, hoping that mafia will leave me alone. Then I wanted to protect Twilight, because he was town, even when I thought Krypsyn is better target. I was afraid there will be only 1 town, Krypsyn and mafia left on last day and that Krypsyn could side with mafia. Or that it would be victory for him and mafia, as mafia would equal town already.
I see CSPVG was right about Ghost. Her untragetability really didn't mean nothing as she could be targeted through connection qith Quadr.

During last day I suspected town is too powerful but I see it was offested by many drawbacks and misleading abilities, so I think it's OK.
I think mafia wasted their misleading abilities, though. Quadr could use him Ensemble thing much much better, he completely wasted it while he could mislead us through Twilight, and I could imagine some better questions for "seances" as well, although it's true that Day 2 cofused us a lot. I started to suspect it to be mafia ability after mass claim but most people took it at face value (me too before mass claim).

Zchinque, so I was real doctor, right? In that case I think you really should have confirm me usage of my ability. Simple "You protected TwilightBard." would be enough. This made me really doubt my ability. If it was your intent, fine, but if it wasn't then you really should confirm usage to me.

Props to amok, who was best of mafia, even if it was his first game.
Worst player was Joe, because I like playing with him and he removed himself from game very soon after I joined. :-p
I want to thank my team for improving my stats. I need to brag at the end of every game so here it is. :-) Out of 14 games I played here, I was only 3 times on losing side.

Overall I enjoyed the game and that's what matter most, so I think it was successful.
Post edited October 08, 2013 by Vitek
Ok, a few comments from myself as well.

Nightkills
First nightkill (Damnation) was chosen because we were looking for one of the quiet people. As I've said in previous games, a kill like Damnation doesn't give town that much to work with the next day, since he was a non-entity for most of Day 1, thus no useful reads.
Second nightkill was SPF because he was one of the few "confirmed" townies at that point. Any other kill (except Krypsyn, but no way of knowing that atm) would leave a confirmed player, thus was (in my eyes) undesirable.

Seances
First seance's question was because of the subject we were discussing at that point, post restrictions. I was hoping that it would plant the seed of doubt for all town posts, and allow us a bit more wiggle room.
Second seance's question was actually to verify if I was a fraud or not. While I would find it weird if I could modify the game through the seances, that question was one that could be easily checked. Turns out that I was a fraud after all.
Third seance was to spread more doubt, though I wasn't sure if I should use "any scum" or "all scum". I was however expecting someone to doubt the validity of the seances, though it didn't seem to happen.

Claim
Main reason I claimed to be able to identify powers was because I didn't know TwilighBard was aware he gained double-voting ability. I was hoping that he would claim he had none, thus me asking him to prove it. If my claim was verified while his wasn't, he would be a prime candidate for lynch, thus giving us a high probability of winning with the nightkill. Unfortunately, he was aware of his ability.

Game in general
Day 1 was the usual chaos. I wasn't sure if lynching the mod was something I'd like, since I thought that the player Zchinque was the one that posted the seances, while the mod Zchinque was the one that did the rulekeeping. So I wasn't too keen on lynching him.
On day 2, we had 2 modkills. The second one did sap my enthusiasm for the game quite a bit. Even though flubbucket was a cop, and a dead cop should bring a smile to any scum, I didn't want the cop to die because of a double post, but either through a lynch or a night kill.
Then we had SPF's editted post, and Zchinque asking for input on that matter. Even though I did believe that he should treat SPF as he treated flub and Joe, I didn't want to say anything to him about it, since that would mean we got a 3rd free town kill due to modkills. I think Telika's post does sum it up quite nicely.

So, after that we get to Day 3, where at last some of my enjoyment returned, due to Vitek catching my scent. That banter in the final day was what I love in forum mafia, even if I wasn't able to wiggle my way out.

So, 5th game of mine, and 1st loss (would have happened eventually). Not a game I'd like repeated, but not a total bummer either. On to the next, while I muse over a possible setup.
I really had no idea how to use the EnsembleOfShaows ability - especially when I realised that Twilight could just come out and state precisely what I had said. Perhaps I simply lack the imagination for this manner of role. I was rather annoyed that my one attempt at a distraction before my death was only brought up after it. (sigh) I knew I should have just roleplayed the hell out of my final post. :)

I have absolutely no regrets about the first use of EnsembleOfShaows, though. Silly question anyway. :)

I'm fairly certain there were a few slips by Amok on day 1 that warranted at least a little attention, though... Ah, well. Well played, Town.
Vitek: Stop suspecting me! :-)

When I play, I am keeping it simple.
I am lynching people for scummy things, even when they are too obvious, because I want to kill scum.
I am not lynching people for different naming, planning of picknics, not reading everything.

May I ask what was my odd behaviour? You said that town would either think you are scum or too scummy to be true and yet you said I was behaving odd to cover up knowledge. I would really like to know what you meant?
Most of my reasoning was WIFOM. :P
It hinged on the idea that my play was too scummy to be scum and that the only reason someone wouldn't pick up on this is because they're covering up the fact they know me not to be scum. As I said, mostly WIFOM and as it turns out - wrong.
JMich: Second nightkill was SPF because he was one of the few "confirmed" townies at that point.
Well at least it wasn't because stupidly let slip that I might get more powers in the future. >.>
Post edited October 08, 2013 by SirPrimalform