It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First post of the new day, and last post before I sleep. I keep odd hours -- apparently both in game AND IRL.

First thing's first, I'll say it outright: I apparently watched a TV show that told me some game related information this morning. (Not saying what, because it's not very helpful to anyone at all right now, and may become useful in the days ahead.) Who else found out about a hidden, uncontrollable power?

Also, looks like I'm not trusting my flavor anymore! Mod was actually town, which several of us discussed and felt was unlikely, and that puts my flavor reasons for distrusting authority in a bit of a pickle.

Damnation was also town. I had no read on him that I can think of, so that's scant comfort.

I'm certain Vitek's read of Amok is correct. Joe is very, very pushy, in hindsight -- something I probably overlooked because he was hauling my particular lynchwagon. Possible scum indeed. Vitek... Quite confusingly, I have a tentative read of scum on him right now.

"slightly disappointed I wasn't part of it. [...] as both teams could benefit from it."

I find this to imply scum. Mod obviously turned out to be TOWN. So no, "both teams could benefit from it" isn't true and wanting to be on the wagon for something that actually hurt the town is scummy as scum gets. Care to elaborate, Vitek?

However, my scumread on Vitek is, as I mentioned, VERY tentative. (I will explain more when I get an answer from him.) I find Amok to be certain scum.

Vote Amok.

This time, I'm not letting this wagon drop.
Hah, I'm now thinking Zchinque might have just been trolling us with the mod lynch. It's possible he only decided it was possible after I decided to test it... I have other reasons to suspect this. Either I am supernaturally good at predicting Zchinque's intentions, or - because we might be insane - he's going along with various theories we have.
This is backed up by the appearance of the EnsembleofShaows character, we decided to test the lying thing and TB gets that PM.

I think Zchinque is taking our speculation and using it to add things to the game. Whether or not they're really part of the game or just delusions is hard to say.
SirPrimalform: Hah, I'm now thinking Zchinque might have just been trolling us with the mod lynch. It's possible he only decided it was possible after I decided to test it... I have other reasons to suspect this. Either I am supernaturally good at predicting Zchinque's intentions, or - because we might be insane - he's going along with various theories we have.
This is backed up by the appearance of the EnsembleofShaows character, we decided to test the lying thing and TB gets that PM.

I think Zchinque is taking our speculation and using it to add things to the game. Whether or not they're really part of the game or just delusions is hard to say.
Arguably, if they're delusions that AFFECT THINGS MECHANICALLY (i.e., being voted on) they're really part of the game. That's not to say they aren't asspulls, just to say that at a certain point, the wall between delusional behavior and consensus reality breaks down. This would be one of those cases.

I should be sleeping, but you posted right after me and I felt it necessary to address the issue. (Also to see if you got a secret hidden power.)
GhostQlyph: First thing's first, I'll say it outright: I apparently watched a TV show that told me some game related information this morning. (Not saying what, because it's not very helpful to anyone at all right now, and may become useful in the days ahead.) Who else found out about a hidden, uncontrollable power?
I also found out something interesting this (game) morning. I'm suspicious Zchinque is just messing with me, but I can't be sure.
I must once again apologise for my abscense. My computer should be repaired by tomorrow, and I'll start posting more regularly from then on.

On to the actual game post, which doesn't contain an awful lot:

- All the players in this game are human: true/false?

True.

I must inquire, however, why we decided to go with such a vague question. The flavour mentoined townies with post restrictions in particular. Would it not have been better to pose a question that specifically mentions townies in some way, such as Are you a townie: yes/no? Then again, that could seem like rolefishing.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of Joe's answer to the question. I can't decide whether or not he was just being Joe, or if he has some post restriction placed upon him.

- Since GhostQlyph answered my queries during day 1, I'm going to Unvote: GhostQlyph.

I'm going to be doing a thread re-read, hopefully I'll start it in a bit, and then be able to post a something more helpful.
First of all, welcome to this game Vitek.
Second, I really want to read the flavour text for the players now, especially with the first victim being a necrophiliac. What else may we have in our midst?

Now, on to more interesting things.

Vitek: Regarding the first 2, they are both made after their first posts, but not much changed since then and I still think they are most likely scum. Joe more than amok.
First Joe post is post 3
JoeSapphire: Random vote for Krypsyn because of his track record!
If you can read something out of this, I am really worried. So I guess you mean post 7 which mentions sanities. Would like a clarification of which post you meant, and why.

And I assume you mean post 9 by amok? Also curious to why exactly you find it scummy.

CSPVG: - Since GhostQlyph answered my queries during day 1, I'm going to Unvote: GhostQlyph.
Why the unvote? I thought the vote were cleared on day change, do you have reason to believe they remain?
GhostQlyph: "slightly disappointed I wasn't part of it. [...] as both teams could benefit from it."

I find this to imply scum. Mod obviously turned out to be TOWN. So no, "both teams could benefit from it" isn't true and wanting to be on the wagon for something that actually hurt the town is scummy as scum gets. Care to elaborate, Vitek?
I meant before lynch. My comment about it outside this thread was made in the middle of Zchinque's lynch. I meant it doesn't really tell much about people lynching him as it could be benefical to both town and scum because he could and indeed was mysterious and dangerous entity for everyone.

@CSPVG; Votes do not carry over nights.

JMich: First Joe post is post 3 If you can read something out of this, I am really worried. So I guess you mean post 7 which mentions sanities. Would like a clarification of which post you meant, and why.
Looking at that post now (it's been 10 days since I wrote it), I would say it is beacuse he outright doubted town power roles and told everyone to not believe them. Then he randomly chose 2 players to give him his opinion and asked them how to proceed. He said it is because it's for their newness but then why no CSPVG? I think he had some ulterior (and nefarious) motives for singling them out.

JMich: And I assume you mean post 9 by amok? Also curious to why exactly you find it scummy.
I am not sure about this one. It was probably mostly hunch. Yeah and also that part where he tried to esatblish himself as townie.
Add to this later posts where he tried to call everyone siding with SPF against mod scummy and you've got it.

Pre-post edit: Hmm, actually now when I wrote it, amok's behaviour (whoever is supporting something I don't) is quite similar to GameRager's in game 14 (and partly to Noxoss in G11) and he was town there.
Vitek: Regarding the third, I am glad you lynched the mod, I always wanted to do it, but I am slightly disappointed I wasn't part of it. his ynch doesn't tell us much about voting players scummines, though as both teams could benefit from it.
I had town read on Damnation and quite positive one on TwilightBard, but that's all I got for now, but I must read later parts of Day 1 as I wasn't paying much attention there.
Well I'm 'glad' that someone's happy that we lynched the mod, because I'm not. I feel like it was done as a scum move, and I still believe that it was lead and motivated by scum. There's no reads to be gained off of that, we're at Day 1 all over again in terms of reads because of the lynch. And hell, I'm almost convinced that all of the scum were on that wagon, it's such an easy wagon to hide on. I don't know, it was a free night kill to the Mafia, and I'm still flabbergasted about it.

@Ghost: You aren't the only one, but I'm not sure what to make of the flavor that I was given. I don't think it's some hidden power, it just revolves around what happened to someone. And for the record, nothing I was given in my flavor indicates that I was shot at, so I'm not sure what to make of amok's now, that's really interesting.
GhostQlyph: First thing's first, I'll say it outright: I apparently watched a TV show that told me some game related information this morning. (Not saying what, because it's not very helpful to anyone at all right now, and may become useful in the days ahead.) Who else found out about a hidden, uncontrollable power?
I don't like peas (not even with carrots), but I like them much better when they are in pods...

SirPrimalform: I also found out something interesting this (game) morning. I'm suspicious Zchinque is just messing with me, but I can't be sure.
I still like things that roar!

You say something interesting happened to you this morning? So, you weren't lonely or bored?
Votecount!

amok - 1 - GhostQlyph

Not voting - 10- JMich, TwilightBard, SirPrimalform, JoeSapphire, flubbucket, amok, Krypsyn, Quadralien, Vitek, CSPVG,

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
TwilightBard: Well I'm 'glad' that someone's happy that we lynched the mod, because I'm not. I feel like it was done as a scum move, and I still believe that it was lead and motivated by scum. There's no reads to be gained off of that, we're at Day 1 all over again in terms of reads because of the lynch. And hell, I'm almost convinced that all of the scum were on that wagon, it's such an easy wagon to hide on. I don't know, it was a free night kill to the Mafia, and I'm still flabbergasted about it.

@Ghost: You aren't the only one, but I'm not sure what to make of the flavor that I was given. I don't think it's some hidden power, it just revolves around what happened to someone. And for the record, nothing I was given in my flavor indicates that I was shot at, so I'm not sure what to make of amok's now, that's really interesting.
In hindsight, lynching the mod was a shit move -- but consider we talked it out beforehand (not sure if you participated?) and decided a town-mod was too balance-weird. All the objections to it said "What if we get unintended consequences?", even my OWN post about said consequences. Absolutely no one thought mod would be town. And it would have inevitably reduced the size of any wagons so long as mod remained, because people on BOTH sides would be voting him, so we DO have that small comfort.

I find it curious that both Vitek AND JMich dodged the question of hidden powers. Vitek couldn't have MISSED it, so I'm calling scum. JMich's lack of response puts him on a tentative scumlist. Krypsyn's vague comments lead me to believe post restriction+hidden powers, does anyone else disagree?

Getting back to Vitek: why would the lack of an answer be meaningful here? Let us consider the number of people who have mentioned they found out about a hidden power. Me, SirPrimalform, TwilightBard, arguably Krypsyn. That's one too many for scum, and (unlike JMich) Vitek responded to the VERY post I mentioned it in.

JMich and Vitek are the only ones who didn't find the line of questioning (i.e., "SUDDEN HIDDEN POWERS, GAMECHANGING") interesting enough to chime in. Vitek couldn't have missed it. This combines with his scummy dodge of my questioning of his speech. He said outright in his response, "MY COMMENT ABOUT IT OUTSIDE THIS THREAD" -- check my post, I didn't even TALK about that goddamn comment. I talked about Vitek's REFERENCE TO IT which was WRITTEN FOR THIS GAME. And lastly, his complete 180 on my personal confirmed scumplayer amok -- Vitek is CERTAIN to be scum.

Vitek and Amok are equally scummy to me now, and Vitek is just walking in the door. I consider him a better target right now. That's quite funny, Lifthrasil's tiny posts gave me a vaguely town feel. I just have to wonder why Vitek decided to take over the role when he's doing WORSE than his predecessor?

Unvote Amok, Vote Vitek
GhostQlyph: Krypsyn's vague comments lead me to believe post restriction+hidden powers, does anyone else disagree?
I like watching TV late at night. Sometimes I see things that confuse me. I don't like being confused.

In other words, yeah, I do seem to have gotten a similar as message as you did. Amusingly, I was all set to vote for you first thing today, because your hammer vote on Zchinque seemed off to me somehow (too fast, mainly). However, then you come out saying you got a similar, if not exactly the same, message as I did... bleh.

GhostQlyph: And lastly, his complete 180 on my personal confirmed scumplayer amok -- Vitek is CERTAIN to be scum.
I have to admit, I am leaning this way as well. The way he included his outside comments, which were formed with pretty much the same information a town would get, was fine; I like that sort of transparency. But, he then decides to go against his previous reasoning, implying he might have more information, or a bias, from something. However, it could just be Vitek being Vitek. He does tend to let everyone know where he stands at any given moment, which I actually think is fairly pro-town play in general.

So, yeah, I am left a little off balance currently. I want to see how folks respond to the new Day a little more before putting my vote down on someone. It is a bit out of character for me, I admit, but I feel a little like the proverbial rug has been pulled out from under me. I mean, I like rugs fine, but I don't like it when they move under me while I am trying to get my bearings. Nope, not at all. :)
GhostQlyph: Krypsyn's vague comments lead me to believe post restriction+hidden powers, does anyone else disagree?
Krypsyn: I like watching TV late at night. Sometimes I see things that confuse me. I don't like being confused.

In other words, yeah, I do seem to have gotten a similar as message as you did. Amusingly, I was all set to vote for you first thing today, because your hammer vote on Zchinque seemed off to me somehow (too fast, mainly). However, then you come out saying you got a similar, if not exactly the same, message as I did... bleh.

GhostQlyph: And lastly, his complete 180 on my personal confirmed scumplayer amok -- Vitek is CERTAIN to be scum.
Krypsyn: I have to admit, I am leaning this way as well. The way he included his outside comments, which were formed with pretty much the same information a town would get, was fine; I like that sort of transparency. But, he then decides to go against his previous reasoning, implying he might have more information, or a bias, from something. However, it could just be Vitek being Vitek. He does tend to let everyone know where he stands at any given moment, which I actually think is fairly pro-town play in general.

So, yeah, I am left a little off balance currently. I want to see how folks respond to the new Day a little more before putting my vote down on someone. It is a bit out of character for me, I admit, but I feel a little like the proverbial rug has been pulled out from under me. I mean, I like rugs fine, but I don't like it when they move under me while I am trying to get my bearings. Nope, not at all. :)
I was conflicted on taking the hammer. On one hand, it was exactly as you said. On the other -- I was in the thread, and it was the low-hanging fruit, and avoiding it would have been SILLY considering I wanted him gone. I actually think that in the long run, NOT grabbing the hammervote would have made me seem more suspect.

As far as Vitek, as I said: It's NOT just one thing. It's a combination of aspects (the dodgy answer to my question, the 180, avoiding an answer EITHER WAY on gamechanging aspects that popped up for the morning), and really mostly it's the last of those.

Didn't answer EITHER WAY. That smells like "I'll see what everyone else says then go back and say I missed it!"

Nope. Nopenopenopenope.
GhostQlyph: In hindsight, lynching the mod was a shit move -- but consider we talked it out beforehand (not sure if you participated?) and decided a town-mod was too balance-weird. All the objections to it said "What if we get unintended consequences?", even my OWN post about said consequences. Absolutely no one thought mod would be town. And it would have inevitably reduced the size of any wagons so long as mod remained, because people on BOTH sides would be voting him, so we DO have that small comfort.
I did try to participate, and my comments of us not having a readable lynch (and all of the things that come with a lynch) where ignored in favor of 'WE SHOULD DO IT BECAUSE WE CAN!' And there was ignoring of comments that the moderator couldn't have been scum, and at the worst was a group that we were able to hunt at our leisure, since a moderator with NK powers would be overkill. Thus, the moderator was less of a threat then the Scum that we're supposed to hunt.
GhostQlyph: In hindsight, lynching the mod was a shit move -- but consider we talked it out beforehand (not sure if you participated?) and decided a town-mod was too balance-weird. All the objections to it said "What if we get unintended consequences?", even my OWN post about said consequences. Absolutely no one thought mod would be town. And it would have inevitably reduced the size of any wagons so long as mod remained, because people on BOTH sides would be voting him, so we DO have that small comfort.
TwilightBard: I did try to participate, and my comments of us not having a readable lynch (and all of the things that come with a lynch) where ignored in favor of 'WE SHOULD DO IT BECAUSE WE CAN!' And there was ignoring of comments that the moderator couldn't have been scum, and at the worst was a group that we were able to hunt at our leisure, since a moderator with NK powers would be overkill. Thus, the moderator was less of a threat then the Scum that we're supposed to hunt.
I think "We should do it because we can!" was only put out by Joe and Damnation. Of those two, Joe comes off as scummy (but not certain-scum) and Damnation is proven townie.

Damnation also had an argument that we would learn the MOST from a mod-lynch (which I did not agree with, though I never explicitly said so) and I don't think I remember you saying otherwise, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Post number?

We agreed the moderator couldn't have been scum OR TOWN (that last part is important!), and thus was still some kind of a threat. The size of the threat doesn't matter so long as you actually get a threat to town off the table, any disagreement with this is being fooled by hindsight at best and pure scum at worst. (For the record, I'm fairly convinced you're town.)

And I addressed the nightkilling mod thing in my huge post about moderator possibilities. It wasn't unrealistic to think Zchinque may have been planning to use the mod nightkills to direct gameflow in a non-overpowering way, by targeting non-essential targets and only using NKs when they make a big difference. That clearly isn't what was going on, but by having the mod as a player at all you throw fair-play out the window.

Either way, yes, it did end badly in hindsight, but GIVEN THE INFORMATION WE HAD, it wasn't the worst possible choice to make, or even close.