It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

[url=http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43228/MCV-AWARDS-2011-People-Industry" target="blank][/url]Guess what? You’ll never guess what we got nominated for! Well, unless you read the headline, that is. If you didn’t read the headline—or even if you did—we wanted to let you know that we’re finalists in the MCV awards in the Digital Distribuion Team category!

For those who would not know, MCV is a major British trade magazine (and website too!) which is read every week by numerous key players of the gaming market all across the Europe. Their awards are a good occasion for GOG to get recognized by the gaming industry and bring you guys more good old games in the future :)

So a big shout out to you all, our community, who have made GOG the best place for gamers to rediscover classic games of all types. Thanks so much for being awesome.

Go check out [url=http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43228/MCV-AWARDS-2011-People-Industry" target="blank]MCV’s announcement here[/url] and thanks again for helping make GOG great!

Edited to correct the subject line
Post edited February 26, 2011 by TheEnigmaticT
KavazovAngel: Back on subject, grats on the nomination, but seriously, that list is pretty much one big "meh", considering the exclusion of Steam and GamersGate (the biggest two players in the DD). Hey, I'll say excluding Battle.Net seems to be a bad thing too, since it pretty much has nearly two dozen million users or so.
Yeah, I'm disappointed at the absence of Steam, GG (though I have not bought from them yet, I've seen alot of good experiences. I plan on buying Thief: Dark Project from them), and Battle.net (I give them praise because I was able to use my old Diablo 2 cd key in their system. I also have SC2).

I'm happy that gog.com is in there. I believe they shall win. If they do win maybe they will get EA on here. You never know!
well this certainly is an unexpected weekend update

Congrats gog and thanks for letting us know :)
Congratulations Gog, I hope you win. Gog to me is like a school I go to to teach me about PC gaming, cause I am probably the lest knowledgeable on that subject. That is the reason why I think you should win.
Post edited February 25, 2011 by deshadow52
Grats.
Congrats to GOG, many a game from fond memory have found their way to my GOG shelf.

I've personally never had an issue with lack of support, but I'd have to agree that some of the best tips you will get are from other GOG users.

The community here is excellent, and full of people who genuinely love the content which will always lead to a better experience.
Congrats gog this is great news good luck with it hope you win.
Congrats! I love how the later commenters started to speculate that all the "gog rocks" comments were company spam
Aliasalpha: Congrats! I love how the later commenters started to speculate that all the "gog rocks" comments were company spam
What else would rock?

Impulse!? :)

EDIT: Actually, Impulse might just rock. Rock, as in, dead like a rock (at least for most of the EU folks).
Post edited February 26, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Aliasalpha: Congrats! I love how the later commenters started to speculate that all the "gog rocks" comments were company spam
KavazovAngel: What else would rock?

Impulse!? :)

EDIT: Actually, Impulse might just rock. Rock, as in, dead like a rock (at least for most of the EU folks).
I buy GOGs impulsively on occasion, will that do?
Matchstickman: Congrats to GoG for being nominated, I think you are head and shoulders above the other nominees but... I've never heard of MCV.

Is MCV a big deal or are we just making a fuss because GoG is mentioned? (genuinely looking for an answer here)
MCV reads as MTV if you glance fast enough so it must be important.
Congrats!! Keep up the good work :)
Roman5: well this certainly is an unexpected weekend update

Finally something your didn't expect...
Hey, cool. Good luck with the award - I hope the nomination attracts some more publishers. That would be great :)
Roman5: well this certainly is an unexpected weekend update

Popinjay: Finally something your didn't expect...
how nice of you to notice :)
OmegaX: I don't want to be harsh but with all the problems your customers are having getting answers from support, technical problems with the downloader and forum, etc. I don't think GOG should qualify for an "excellence in digital retailing" award because the service is not mature enough yet.

It's nice that GOG is being nominated and I'll root for you because you are probably the only store nominated without any DRM but it seems to me that the nomination is because of PR buzz instead of actual consumer experience.

I know that this will be an unpopular post but I want GOG to be better and it needed to be said.
I do agree, the customer service department could still use some work. Some major work in fact.