It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm pointing these oddities out for the fun of it, and because it's a time when Damnation's in no danger of getting lynched. I do believe his cop claim. (But I've been wrong before)
I'm honestly asking myself these questions. I have no real opinion on his claim. What makes me rather believe him is his description of being offered an object to buy - as I was assuming (wrongly?) that it only occured to townies. And this really seems to be first hand experience, not invented, becaue it doesn't fully match NFY's OP (which would have been the basis for a fabrication).

But I'm very, very cautious about the Damnation case, because, as a cop, a lot depends on him. So, being fooled by him could have very dramatic consequences.
(I jest of course! I jest! I'm never wrong!)

And I agree totally that it is worth being wary of Damnation.
JoeSapphire: Saying "I've known nmillar's scum since the beginning of the day" (interpolated) , is claim enough, isn't it? Surely it would have been better just to vote and keep profile low?
SirPrimalform: Hmm yeah... I don't buy it. If you knew he was scum you would/should have been on his wagon in order to avoid blowing your cover. Avoiding voting for him because you knew he was scum makes no sense, or at least it makes no sense if you're town.

So I understand correctly that Damnation reported a statue of Osiris missing, but what nmillar supposedly discovered was that Damnation worships Ma'at. Hmm...
He did explain it as having an issue making the case. It sounded like he didn't want to out himself as the cop (Possibly because it makes his job as an investigative role harder), and thus had to actually build a case in order to get somewhere. I find it better if our cop doesn't out themselves right away, since he's more useful to the town.

I'm getting a bit nervous because it sounds like someone having an agenda in getting our cop and poison doctor lynched. Make enough suspicion and you can ride it without catching too much of the backdraft and thus you can safely make it through. You just have to be very careful about putting the seeds down.
TwilightBard: I'm getting a bit nervous because it sounds like someone having an agenda in getting our cop and poison doctor lynched. Make enough suspicion and you can ride it without catching too much of the backdraft and thus you can safely make it through. You just have to be very careful about putting the seeds down.
Similar comment from Red_Baron. And I don't really get it. "Make enough suspicion", as if, they are arbitrary and invalid ? As is : these are no points tht are worth keeping some level of suspicion ? As if, from the moment someone claims cop or doctor, he's above investigation ?

In that case, I shouldn't have cared about Amunra's name. He claims to be a town power-role, he's therefore untouchable and I should be lynched for having doubted him (not to mention all those who voted against him).
SirPrimalform: So I understand correctly that Damnation reported a statue of Osiris missing, but what nmillar supposedly discovered was that Damnation worships Ma'at. Hmm...
I got a question...why are we taking Mafia words at face value when nmillar (Confirmed Mafia) would have the best reason to lie to get Damnation lynched?

@Telika: I'm not saying he's untouchable, But it's really odd that you've been mounting attacks on both our poison doctor and our claimed cop. It's something I've done as scum so I find it odd that you're looking for every chink in the armor that you can find. It's an easy tactic, and it lets you slip by if you start voicing simple suspicions and keep doubting things, and then the town gets into a frenzy.
TwilightBard: I got a question...why are we taking Mafia words at face value when nmillar (Confirmed Mafia) would have the best reason to lie to get Damnation lynched?
What specific words are you talking about. If you've got one "nmillar lied" hypothesis that cements everything, I'm very interested. Unless I'm mistaken, here, Nmillar mentionned "ma'at" first, and ma'at was confirmed by Damnation later.

But it's really odd that you've been mounting attacks on both our poison doctor and our claimed cop. It's something I've done as scum so I find it odd that you're looking for every chink in the armor that you can find. It's an easy tactic, and it lets you slip by if you start voicing simple suspicions and keep doubting things, and then the town gets into a frenzy.
These are two very different cases, with very different levels of suspicion. SPF was my prime suspect before his claim, and his claim doesn't convince me at all (I had been cured by someone else, in a different way than what he describes, so why would a "but i cured you too and you didn't notice" suddenly flip my opinion over ?). Damnation is a matter of being important and needed as a cp, but, as such, requiring a 100% confidence level, and that's why I check for chinks. And there are some. I'd like them sealed off before I can rely on him sufficiently to make use of his reports.
Wordiest game on the GOG forums yet! (I suppose postiest... I'm not going to bother to do a word count)

Congratulations all involved for an exciting and non-tedious game! Let's continue that way!
Telika: These are two very different cases, with very different levels of suspicion. SPF was my prime suspect before his claim, and his claim doesn't convince me at all (I had been cured by someone else, in a different way than what he describes, so why would a "but i cured you too and you didn't notice" suddenly flip my opinion over ?). Damnation is a matter of being important and needed as a cp, but, as such, requiring a 100% confidence level, and that's why I check for chinks. And there are some. I'd like them sealed off before I can rely on him sufficiently to make use of his reports.
You're never going to have 100% knowledge one way or the other. There's always going to be something that sounds off to anyone's setup. And really the only way of verifying is through mod confirmation at death. But...there's another way of catching a falseclaim. A good portion of the time a falseclaim ends up coming out, even in the case of a Mass Claim. I even have an idea of how to track it with two power roles, but I want to see what happens at Night, since that is where everything changes. (It's also impossible to do at the moment anyway)
Telika: Doesn't a cop get people's role directly ?
No, cops get alignment, flavour cops get flavour and role cops get role. I don't think Damnation has said what kind he is, but given what he's said it sounds like he's a normal cop with a bit of flavour. A flavour cop wouldn't be as convinced about someone's alignment as Damnation was, but his question about the nice house suggests he got a bit of flavour too (I'm only a doctor and I got some flavour so this could just be NFY's thing).

Role cop is a pretty specific role and one wouldn't expect a normal cop to get the role.
Telika: Doesn't a cop get people's role directly ?
SirPrimalform: No, cops get alignment, flavour cops get flavour and role cops get role. I don't think Damnation has said what kind he is, but given what he's said it sounds like he's a normal cop with a bit of flavour. A flavour cop wouldn't be as convinced about someone's alignment as Damnation was, but his question about the nice house suggests he got a bit of flavour too (I'm only a doctor and I got some flavour so this could just be NFY's thing).

Role cop is a pretty specific role and one wouldn't expect a normal cop to get the role.
Regarding flavor, it might just be enough to flesh out how NET was writing Damnations. I got a bit of flavor in Game 6 (running off the top of my head head), and some flavor about the previous day in Game 4. So it might be possible.
TwilightBard: He did explain it as having an issue making the case. It sounded like he didn't want to out himself as the cop (Possibly because it makes his job as an investigative role harder), and thus had to actually build a case in order to get somewhere. I find it better if our cop doesn't out themselves right away, since he's more useful to the town.
Normally I'd agree with you, but there were already fairly solid cases being built against nmillar part of the way through the day. He could pretty safely have been on that wagon without outing himself.

TwilightBard: I'm getting a bit nervous because it sounds like someone having an agenda in getting our cop and poison doctor lynched. Make enough suspicion and you can ride it without catching too much of the backdraft and thus you can safely make it through. You just have to be very careful about putting the seeds down.
Hmm, true. But on the other hand I'm very concerned about the anomalies regarding Damnation...

SirPrimalform: So I understand correctly that Damnation reported a statue of Osiris missing, but what nmillar supposedly discovered was that Damnation worships Ma'at. Hmm...
TwilightBard: I got a question...why are we taking Mafia words at face value when nmillar (Confirmed Mafia) would have the best reason to lie to get Damnation lynched?
Hmm, a good point but I think Ma'at was confirmed by Damnation after nmillar had said it. This means that nmillar is telling the truth in some sense...

TwilightBard: Regarding flavor, it might just be enough to flesh out how NET was writing Damnations. I got a bit of flavor in Game 6 (running off the top of my head head), and some flavor about the previous day in Game 4. So it might be possible.
I... huh? I'm having difficulty understanding this post.
TwilightBard: since that is where everything changes.
and you've got to be ready.
TwilightBard: He did explain it as having an issue making the case. It sounded like he didn't want to out himself as the cop (Possibly because it makes his job as an investigative role harder), and thus had to actually build a case in order to get somewhere. I find it better if our cop doesn't out themselves right away, since he's more useful to the town.
SirPrimalform: Normally I'd agree with you, but there were already fairly solid cases being built against nmillar part of the way through the day. He could pretty safely have been on that wagon without outing himself.

SirPrimalform: Hmm, true. But on the other hand I'm very concerned about the anomalies regarding Damnation...

SirPrimalform: Hmm, a good point but I think Ma'at was confirmed by Damnation after nmillar had said it. This means that nmillar is telling the truth in some sense...

TwilightBard: Regarding flavor, it might just be enough to flesh out how NET was writing Damnations. I got a bit of flavor in Game 6 (running off the top of my head head), and some flavor about the previous day in Game 4. So it might be possible.
SirPrimalform: I... huh? I'm having difficulty understanding this post.
Blame auto-correct a bit, was typing on the kindle (I need to learn not to do that, but it's hard resisting the urge to try). Regarding having the flavor, like the rich house, I could say that it's flavor to describe what Damnation would have seen. I've gotten flavor describing a house in Game 6, and a bit of flavor describing thoughts for the previous day in Game 4 (When Rod was lynched).

As far as the nmillar case...I don't think it was all THAT strong. Compared to Vitek's lynch it was, but Vitek's lynch was very speedy and out of nowhere. The case against nmillar felt more like pushback for all of his attacks against Rod, there really wasn't much to go on.
TwilightBard: Blame auto-correct a bit, was typing on the kindle (I need to learn not to do that, but it's hard resisting the urge to try). Regarding having the flavor, like the rich house, I could say that it's flavor to describe what Damnation would have seen. I've gotten flavor describing a house in Game 6, and a bit of flavor describing thoughts for the previous day in Game 4 (When Rod was lynched).
Ah yeah, I wasn't doubting him getting flavour, I was mostly saying that because Telika seemed to expect his to have learned nmillar's role for some reason.

TwilightBard: As far as the nmillar case...I don't think it was all THAT strong. Compared to Vitek's lynch it was, but Vitek's lynch was very speedy and out of nowhere. The case against nmillar felt more like pushback for all of his attacks against Rod, there really wasn't much to go on.
It might not have been strong, but it was popular enough that he could have been on it without building his own case from scratch. And once nmillar flipped scum, it's not like anyone would have been questioning him in the way people would after a mislynch. The way he only jumped on the wagon right at the end seems a bit scummy to me, like he was going "Oh well, it looks like it's going to happen so I might as well grab some town points."