It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Infamous.

Started off pretty meh, then got better the further in you got.
This thread made me realise how little single player gaming I have done this year.

My finished list for 2011 is:

Portal 2
LA Noire
Torchlight
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Plants Vs Zombies
+ Another playthrough of Portal

Too many of my games are half completed or flat out ignored for my liking.
Today, I completed Call of Duty: Black Ops on the 360. I had quite a bit of fun with it and I'm liking better than Modern Warfare 2.

Most importantly, I finally completed Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii after over three years of ownership. The last boss fight was interesting but could get a little irritating and while the game isn't the best Zelda game, I'm glad I played through it and finally completed it.
Oh, I beat The Oregon Trail a couple of days ago, and again yesterday.
Just recently beat No One Lives Forever, now for NOLF2!!

A fantastic FPS game that focuses on stealth, so fun to play through missions with the crossbow, especially when there are two guards. You take out one, and he slumps to the ground. Then his buddy runs over to try and wake him up and then silently, the second guard falls to the ground.

Another great aspect I liked about the game was the ability in some cutscenes to select dialogue. Although, it was not used every cutscene, it added to the immersion and the feeling that you were actually playing the character. Also, the chance to choose your equipment for the mission adds to the feeling of being the character. Kind of a like a really lite RPG shooter.
Ralackk: Infamous.

Started off pretty meh, then got better the further in you got.
same here finished it, glad i got it free :D which path did you take hero or evil ?
liquidsnakehpks: same here finished it, glad i got it free :D which path did you take hero or evil ?
Yea I got it free as well. I normally play evil in moral choice games but this time I decided to go good, for no real reason.
This week I finished both Oddworld Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus.

I'd played both years and years ago when they were released as PC ports in the late 90s, but actually never finished them (too frustrating after a certain point). Still have the original CD discs. I recently re-purchased them on GOG and gave 'em another spin.

Now I made a concentrated effort to complete both and succeeded, with minimal resorting to a walkthrough (twice on Exoddus, none on Oddysee) only when I was absolutely stuck and couldn't figure out how to pass a stage, never to see the easiest way to rescue Modokons.

I rescued an adequate 68 Modokons on Oddysee. But Exoddus I tried very hard (and abused the quicksave to absolute death, only way I could tolerate some areas) and managed an impressive (to me anyway) 250 Modokons at the end.

Definitely Good Old Games, those two platformers. They can try the patience of any gamer, especially one of today's console sensibilities, I'd wager. I'd say they both aged pretty well graphically with their 2D animations and backgrounds; only the resolution looks ragged. Comparatively late 90s 3D games often look horrific, blocky, and with textures only a mother could love. I guess that's why I still find Infinity Engine games and similar (Arcanum, etc) still lovely both to behold and play years after release.
Post edited August 10, 2011 by MaridAudran
Tiberian Sun. Only took me twelve years, too.
Trauma. That was insanely good game.
Finished two games today:

Poker Night at the Inventory: an ok poker game well worth its price (a few dollars). The AI acts strangely sometimes but the humor is good. I unlocked all the decks, tables and TF2 items and it is now time to move to the next game on my list.

Machinarium: the praise it received was well deserved as the graphics, animations and soundtrack are wonderful. However some objects are sometimes too hidden and sometimes I felt a bit lost about what to do next (especialy in the city). A good game still.
Finished The Last Express. Really good game overall, but the ending and lack of explanations (probably left for a sequel that will never be made) make it a bit of a letdown.

The soundtrack is a keeper, though.

Games finished so far:
World of Goo, Samorost 1 and 2, Gish, Arcanum: of Steamworks & Magick Obscura, Tron 2.0, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lugaru HD, Enclave, Chrome: Specforce, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Red Baron, Outcast, The Witcher, The Ur-Quan Masters, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, The Last Express.
Fallout is beat.
Not a gog.com game but I finally finished Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga (emulator for the final play)
Only taken me 20 years ... though I did have a break in the middle and restarted a few times :p
I just completed Muramasa: The Demon Blade for the Wii for both main characters. It's a really good sidescrolling action game and even though it doesn't use motion controls or even the infrared (point-and-shoot), it's still a fun game to play on the Wii.

Supposedly there are alternate endings for both main characters and I'll see about getting them later.