It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
JustSayin: For people that like to throw the word 'entitled' around, here's the example you were looking for.
Tomkel: Wow, I didn't know the Spelunkey fans were so sensitive.
Wow, I didn't know random people could be such dicks when it came to opinions. Oh wait, yes I did.

If GOG were to have selected games for the promo based on what was considered "best," then most of the promo would be D&D games. However, that would skew the sale towards the RPG genre. Instead, GOG sought to offer a variety of genres, thereby allowing everyone a chance to get a game that they would enjoy.
Tomkel: Wow, I didn't know the Spelunkey fans were so sensitive.
nightrunner227: Wow, I didn't know random people could be such dicks when it came to opinions. Oh wait, yes I did.

If GOG were to have selected games for the promo based on what was considered "best," then most of the promo would be D&D games. However, that would skew the sale towards the RPG genre. Instead, GOG sought to offer a variety of genres, thereby allowing everyone a chance to get a game that they would enjoy.
I'm not sure I can complain about the games, I think they did a pretty good job with the selection. The stupidity of requiring people to be shut ins to ensure they could get in on all the deals though...
adambiser: I might have grabbed Jagged Alliance, but it went on sale while I was asleep.
PaterAlf: In case you still want it, check your PM.
Thank you!
me (from earlier): hopefully between Unepic and Grimrock (which I already have) I can get 6-7 hours of sleep and wake up to Spelunky being on sale.

Yup. A bit over 6 hours of sleep and I woke up to Spelunky on sale. Nice.

I got 5 games (4 new and a gift) and I only missed Wizardry and Flatout of those I didn't have and I'm not that much into racing games anyway so quite a good sale for me.

Hope y'all enjoy the games you snagged.
As far as I'm concerned, it was fun. I really didn't feel the need for a massive promo right after the cristmas sale, and while I did miss a few games I don't particularly care.
and all I got was Zork. Not sure if that's a win or a lose.
GOG.com: Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

DRM-Free Time Machine Sale trailer

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
I was disappointed there was no denouement to the sale. I need closure.
RandomJC: and all I got was Zork. Not sure if that's a win or a lose.
I didnt buy one damn thing, very disappointed with the selection. Oh Well
RandomJC: and all I got was Zork. Not sure if that's a win or a lose.
By the time I found about the sale Zork was gone. Bought 21 other games though so I have enough to keep me busy for awhile.
Missed HOMM V.

Have Spelunky, Grimrock, Unepic, or Torchlight if anyone wants to trade.

Thanks!
Rix
Rixxb: Missed HOMM V.

Have Spelunky, Grimrock, Unepic, or Torchlight if anyone wants to trade.

Thanks!
Rix
lol wish I had a HOMM V to trade but I never got it cause I have the disc version.
Would of bought Spelunky but missed it. Weekend would have suited me better for this kind of sale, don't have the time or energy to do it mid-week.
Thistler: lol wish I had a HOMM V to trade but I never got it cause I have the disc version.
I have a full Steam version, a disk version (without addons though) and guess what I bought at the previous sale? :-p
Thistler: lol wish I had a HOMM V to trade but I never got it cause I have the disc version.
Sanjuro: I have a full Steam version, a disk version (without addons though) and guess what I bought at the previous sale? :-p
Yeah I was tempted to get it anyway. I bought the collectors edition when it as released. Still go the maps and the folders and everything.
Noooo missed Spelunky =( At its lowest price yet if I'm not mistaken. It's true the timing was a bit odd, putting it in the middle of the week... I guess we'll still have a weekend promo.