It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Give us a 100-character Witcher story. Win official The Witcher t-shirts and wolfhead medallions!

Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy saga upon which CD Projekt RED's The Witcher universe was built, consists of five novels. The legend of Geralt, however, began with a 1986 short story. Even in his very first feature, the white-haired monster hunter was already a complete and fully-developed character with unmistakable personality and demeanor. It's amazing just how well the debuting author managed to define the hero and his reality in such short form. This was 27 years ago, though, and the current forms of communication have taken a turn towards haiku-like limited form. It's amazing what people are able to convey within 140 character limit. One might imagine, that nowadays, you could see a complete fantasy short story in under--say--100 characters. In fact there's an example of one, just below this post (or, if you're reading this in our forums: here, on our Twitter).

Do you think you would manage to squeeze a Witcher story within 100-character limit? If you think you can, tweet it with the #GOGWitcherStory hashtag. That's 100 characters of the actual story + 16 characters of the hashtag. Alternatively, you can give us your story in the forum thread below. Naturally, the 100-character limit applies here just as well. Two entries per person tops (each of them still needs to be a separate, self-contained short short short story). Prizes? Of course there are prizes! Authors of the 3 best stories will receive exclusive The Witcher: Wild Hunt t-shirts, and wolf-head medallions. 4 runner-ups get just the medallions. All the winners will also get one $5.99 GOG.com gift-code, each. The deadline for submissions: Friday, October 18, 9:59AM GMT (the GMT part is important!).

Need some inspiration? Buy any game from GOG.com until Thursday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT, and you'll receive a free copy of the classic The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. All set? Get creative!
Post edited October 16, 2013 by G-Doc
Agent_Tau: My second entry in a pseudo haïku style (only 77 chars):

Geralt shrugs and walks away.
The Golem rumbles, ground shakes.
Dust settles.

~~~~~~~~
Might be pseudo, but a nice one :-)
100 characters = 100 letters, or do I have to count punctuation?

If it's 100 letters, here's my entry:

At the arm wresting competition, Geralt pulls the lewd postcard of Shani from his jerkin, distracts his opponent and wins.
Last one for me. I hope I'm not too late:

I spit on Witchers, I hate them like elves. Lo monsters! Send the Witcher before ourselves!
Post edited October 17, 2013 by whodares2
Here's one from me.

There was a man, his name was Geralt.
He tried to save us from the monsters.
He tried.
Agent_Tau: My second entry in a pseudo haïku style (only 77 chars):
HypersomniacLive: Might be pseudo, but a nice one :-)
Thanks! I want that medallion badly ;-)
And here's my second one:

What are those?
Invisible strings.
Who am I?
Your puppet.
Are you happy?
Is my life a game to you?
Geralt is a Witcher
He drinks from a pitcher
His hair is white
It gives a fright
Never played the game
But it looks good
Post edited October 17, 2013 by zazu49
I tried my best to shorten this, but it still came out with 147 characters. Will it be automatically disqualified?

A beast that saw the birth of the forest
The forest that gave it a place it thought home
The home where it fed, slept and wandered
And with silver the beast was merged to it's ground
Post edited October 17, 2013 by UkkoPekkaMakkara
Contest definitely sounds fun. I shall give it a go.

A Witcher does what Witchers do best, beats a monster and lays with a woman, but not for a rest.

Yep, that sounds abot right :)
Post edited October 17, 2013 by defosh369
This was fun. Here's my first try:

Monster slaughtered and his fee paid, Geralt departed leaving them to squabble over the trophy head.
1st entry:

What’s a witcher do? We keep walking into the dark and time makes corpses or monsters out of us all.

2nd entry:

Geralt watched the monster in the shadows of the mirror ‘til dawn, waiting to see who’d move first.

OK!
My second try:

The bar maid was generous in many ways. The deed done, Geralt returned for more than just orens.
Flash of Silver, Glint of steel, all fall beneath a Witchers heel

The Troll said "pay the toll or your head will roll" Geralt paid in silver
Post edited October 17, 2013 by RandomPanic
Entry 1:

Neck deep in political filth, Geralt remembered that some monsters were worse than others.

Entry 2:

Emhyr glanced upon the battlefield and saw him: the White Wolf approached.
ok here is my second attempt

A beast attacked a maid. Geralt killed it with his blade, and for his aid he once more got laid.