It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rock the Kingdom of Myrtana!

The whole , [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gothic_2_gold_edition]Gothic 2 Gold Edition, Gothic 3, and Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition for as little as $2.49 each for the next 24 hours! Also, we're happy to inform you, that all four games have been updated with German versions!

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promogothic_series_stacking_220413 ][/url]When the nameless prisoner set foot in the prison colony on the island of Khorinis, nobody knew that his arrival would lead to a series of events that would shake the whole Kingdom of Myrtana in its foundations. Not even the mighty magician Xardas could foresee the extent of change this unknown hero would bring to the realm and the amount of unrest and turmoil he'd create in his wake. Only one person would know his every step, witness all of his deeds--noble and villainous alike--and take part in every single decision he'd make. That would be you, dear gamer, the silent puppet master toying with the life of the nameless hero and, by extent, the lives of the people of Myrtana. Good times!

game, which took place in a secluded prison colony limited by a impenetrable magical wall, offered more variation and space than most of other role-playing games at the time. More importantly, the player was offered a choice of his path and his decisions really affected the gameworld's reality, creating a feeling of relevance to every step you took. The following games of the series brought us even spacier lands to explore, so once you embark on your journey to Myrtana, prepare for a long stay. The complete [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promogothic_series_stacking_220413 ]Gothic Series can keep you entertained for hours, and hours!

Today's Classic Gem promo is a stacking promo, so the amount of discount grows with every item you place in your shopping cart (from 50% on a single game to a whole 75% discount at four). The games you already have count towards the discount, so don't miss this great opportunity to complete your [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promogothic_series_stacking_220413 ]Gothic Series[/url] collection on GOG.com (now also in German!). The offer lasts until Tuesday, April 23, at 9:59AM GMT.
I'm ~2 and a half dollar short of buying this...
man, I hate this stacking things..
This was the promo I was waiting for in order to jump right into the Gothic series. This is one of those lauded series that somehow eluded me when it came out.

The stacking promo is just insane though. I was thinking about not getting Forsaken Gods but I kept noticing that all 4 games were worth $9.96 if bought together and if I took out Forsaken Gods they were worth $8.97. That is a $0.99 price for Forsaken Gods, sounded too delicious to pass at that price. I still was not convinced due to the bad rating but thankfully I dug into them and realized that there were plenty of fans jumping and hollering about how this is a reworked version of the original, ahem, turd.

So do the math, guys. If you own the other 3 here on GoG you are being offered this game for $0.99. Hell, it's like one of those McDonald's value item thingies they had. I would definitely get it at that price with a side of fries.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Buenro-games
Buenro-games: So do the math, guys. If you own the other 3 here on GoG you are being offered this game for $0.99. Hell, it's like one of those McDonald's value item thingies they had. I would definitely get it at that price with a side of fries.
hmm... are you sure that isn't $2.5 if you own 3 games?
Well, decided to buy Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods even having both already in Steam, $5 isn't much

Buenro-games: So do the math, guys. If you own the other 3 here on GoG you are being offered this game for $0.99. Hell, it's like one of those McDonald's value item thingies they had. I would definitely get it at that price with a side of fries.
Stooner: hmm... are you sure that isn't $2.5 if you own 3 games?
Correct, if a player decides to buy all the games or complete the package, the discount is 75%. Both Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods are $9.99 games, $2.49 with this discount
Stooner: hmm... are you sure that isn't $2.5 if you own 3 games?
All I did was just play with the tool they have when you click on the promotional item segment in the front page. The four items pop up and if you take one out it changes and if you take out two it changes, but anyways... What I saw was that for all four games the price was $9.96 which is what I paid, and if I would take out Forsaken it would drop to $8.97. That is how it was working for me and that is why I said it only costs $0.99. I am sure that is how it is for everyone.

Edit: Ok now that I have thought about it, I guess my comment is really tailored only to those thinking about buying the whole package at once, like I did, vs those who already own the games.

Sorry about the confusion. The reason for the $0.99 stems from the prices of 3 games if you own none being $2.99 and then dropping to $2.49 if you decide to buy them all.

Well at least I figured it out.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Buenro-games
Only one I'm missing is Forsaken Gods, but that's kind of intentional.

Uzur9: Maybe next time more items on my wishlist will be on sale *wink wink*
I keep trying that, but it never happens :-(

Come on GOG, I have like 20-30 games on there, I'm sure you can look at them and figure out some kind of theme ;-)

ThomNG: snip
JMich: Oy, rumour has it that you now own Darksiders and Red Faction (among other titles). When will they get here?
Oh, yes, please! I loved Darksiders, would definitely buy it again here.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Nesoo
VanishedOne: To Forsake the Gods, or not to Forsake the Gods...? On the one hand, it has a certain reputation; on the other hand, this is the least I'm going to be able to pay to judge for myself...
Hmm not sure myself, only one I don't own and I'm not likely to get around to playing it, perhaps I should buy as a thank you on behalf of Germans (though I'm not German, just in a good mood).
Gothic, the whole series and in German? Bought it, love the games and play them under linux. Works like a charm.
Thanks GOG!
throgh: Gothic, the whole series and in German? Bought it, love the games and play them under linux. Works like a charm.
Thanks GOG!
Smart man! Did the same. :)
In German? Finally! Thank you so much!
I am fan of gothic 1 and 2, i have played 3 but never really finished it, because my pc broke, and i lost the save game.

I don't read review's too much, I rather play the game and then judge for myself, but I'm really interested in what's wrong with Forsaken Gods?
OK, do the next sale with Larian's games and add more languages to Divinity 2 (spanish, in particular), thanks.
dieselguy: I am fan of gothic 1 and 2, i have played 3 but never really finished it, because my pc broke, and i lost the save game.

I don't read review's too much, I rather play the game and then judge for myself, but I'm really interested in what's wrong with Forsaken Gods?
Dig into the reviews. You can't possibly be so lazy. Right off the bat if you focus on the new reviews and how people are saying that this is the Enhanced Edition, I think you should notice why this is a good opportunity to get the game.

I think I am too late to influence you since the promo is likely over but this was a really good opportunity to buy the hated yet fixed Forsaken game at a crazy low price.

Just my thoughts.
Buenro-games: I think I am too late to influence you since the promo is likely over but this was a really good opportunity to buy the hated yet fixed Forsaken game at a crazy low price.

Just my thoughts.
No worries, the promo is still on for two more hours :-)
F4LL0UT: Btw: Is the guest appearance of In Extremo present in the German GOG version?
JMich: I think I saw them in the English version of GOG, though I did have to modify an ini file or something. So I'd say they will be there in the German version as well.
Oh, didn't know that you can add them via editing the ini. I only knew that you can edit the gore. Now I'm wondering whether you can also activate the full nudity from the German version. ;P