It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
There doesn't seem to be anywhere to pre-order the CE edition in Australia as yet
I think that I haven't seen a better trailer in my life. Amazing work CD Projekt!!! YOU ROCK!
And the optional GOG client is a wonderful idea, I'm sure that I'll be using it.
Witcher medalion - finally. They should give it to the first Witcher
IAmSinistar: I suspected that AGB might have been an alias for a bluetext
OneFiercePuppy: Rebuttal
Fair enough. I had though it could be a last gesture by the departing GOG staff member, but now I see it was just coincidental. Did not attempt to disparage their kindness in any case. As I said before, generous whatever their identity!
Post edited June 05, 2014 by IAmSinistar
I am wondering how GOG.com will keep players with pirated and/or cheat versions of games out of the GOG.COM Galaxy? How will it function.

The GOG.COM Galaxy sounds like a really neat idea, are there any more information available (I didn't see the stream)?

My guess on the retail version will be that they will match about the price of the Witcher 2 editions. I will buy the physical collectors edition anyway....
I sure hope we'll actually get new (new or old) releases this week as I can't remember the last week we've only had one (if ever). Just having Labyrinth of Time is kind of weak.
Sacr3dus: It was to show Ciri and Yennefer ^^
Smannesman: Who?
I haven't actually finished any of the Witchers.
Dude, you should read the books. Seriously :)
Zacron: So was there no release date for the Galaxy Client, or did I miss it?
Shambhala: Either we both missed it or they didn't announce it.
You didn't miss anything. We're working on it very hard right now. That's why we weren't updating the GOG Downloader recently ;) More info coming this year.
I figure I'll give Galaxy a spin, pre-order Witcher 3 at a later point, but bummed there were apparently no new publishers announced for GOG.com. I figured there wouldn't be any Cyberpunk stuff, I'm not really expecting to hear anything on that game until later this year as I imagine the original plan before the delay was to wait until W3 released then start giving info on on 2077.
I think this is exciting news. There are lots of unanswered questions regarding the layout and function of Galaxy, but hopefully it'll function like an automatic downloader that keeps my files updated! A few things I hope they add:

1. The ability to cancel downloads. (Seriously, Gog, why isn't this possible in the current downloader?)
2. The option to choose which files to update automatically. I don't want Galaxy to download everything and clutter my hard drives with useless (for me) language packs and other stuff I don't want and never use.

I'm assuming I can launch my games through Galaxy instead of having one desktop icon per game, so the perfectionist in me is super excited about how clean my desktop will be!
Wishbone: And is there a reason that the URL exists (they did say "come join us at gog.com/galaxy), but only shows the normal GOG.com front page?
For a short time it was shown as a separate page advertising the news as well as giving you the option to sign up for a chance to try the closed beta of the upcoming The Witcher Adventure Game.

Aaaand it's back again!
Post edited June 05, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
piwer: Dude, you should read the books. Seriously :)
A year ago that wouldn't have been possible, but I think a few more have been translated.
A cross-platform client, eh? That implies more DRM-free modern games, right? Could become a Steam-killer!
The http://www.gog.com/galaxy page is back up!
Announcement: I think this is exciting news. There are lots of unanswered questions regarding the layout and function of Galaxy, but hopefully it'll function like an automatic downloader that keeps my files updated! A few things I hope they add:

1. The ability to cancel downloads. (Seriously, Gog, why isn't this possible in the current downloader?)
2. The option to choose which files to update automatically. I don't want Galaxy to download everything and clutter my hard drives with useless (for me) language packs and other stuff I don't want and never use.

I'm assuming I can launch my games through Galaxy instead of having one desktop icon per game, so the perfectionist in me is super excited about how clean my desktop will be!
Post edited June 05, 2014 by v3132