It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
IAmSinistar: GOG Galaxy

Freedom Of Choice - You don't need to be online to play single-player. Online needed for multi-player and posting achievements.

Optional Client - Auto-updates of games. Can still download patches independently if desired, not forced to auto-update.

Cross-Play - You can multi-play with players on other services without needing to use those clients.
Man, I just missed that, didn't I...
Showing the process of creating the figure.
... great, now people will think that thing is an "adventure game", as if the genre recognition wasn't muddled enough ;P
IAmSinistar: GOG Galaxy

Freedom Of Choice - You don't need to be online to play single-player. Online needed for multi-player and posting achievements.

Optional Client - Auto-updates of games. Can still download patches independently if desired, not forced to auto-update.

Cross-Play - You can multi-play with players on other services without needing to use those clients.
tfishell: Man, I just missed that, didn't I...
You did.
So GOG Galaxy powered games will still work 100% without this new client? Right?
So that was that. I actually have only watched the last 3 or so minutes, but according to the wrap up summary: TW3 preorder and some client?

mmm... nothing horrible, but it's a tad unfortunate that no new publishers were announced. I was expecting some exciting new (old) game to be announced.
tfishell: Man, I just missed that, didn't I...
Shambhala: You did.
Oh well, sounds cool! (although I'm saddened we haven't gotten a release today.)
Can anyone confirm if ARMA 2 will support crossplay, if so I'm interesting to buy it.
Thank you my good man!
bouncedk: So GOG Galaxy powered games will still work 100% without this new client? Right?
Yup. You want it - you use it. You don't want it, you don't lose anything.
N0w3gg: I love gog because, even though I have absolutely no interest in auto-update client, they are putting it out there and not requiring me to ever use it. Go choice (lol, marketing)!
I have zero interest in a GOG client but as long as we're not forced to use it i'm ok with it.
Did they say when Galaxy launches? I expected it today, but I guess not.
bouncedk: So GOG Galaxy powered games will still work 100% without this new client? Right?
Yes, they will as the GOG Galaxy client is 100% optional :)
high rated
It's over now, here is a summary of what I gleaned from it.

Witcher 3

Release date is Feb 24, 2015 on PC, Xbox & PS

Standard boxed version comes with manual, compendium, map, soundtrack and stickers.

Collectors limited edition (pre-order only) adds polystone statue, 200-page art book, steel wolf head medallion, and steelbook game case.

Digital edition includes DRM-free game, digital artbook, bonus videos, map. Exclusive GOG edition includes extended soundtrack, comic book, concept art, detailed map, and Neverwinter Nights. Also a discount for GOG members who own previous Witchers. Mentions a "fair price" plan to give away extra games for non-US buyers, a la AOW3.

GOG loyalty discount on W3 preorder is 15% if you own one Witcher here, 20% if both.

GOG Galaxy

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

GOG's new online client and download solution.

The Witcher Adventure Game

The Witcher Adventure Game closed beta available through GOG Galaxy.

W3 preorders come with two keys for The Witcher Adventure Game, which is not F2P but a proper game.

EDIT: Thanks to Tekkaman-James for catching the item I didn't get written down in time (the detailed map in the digital edition).
Post edited June 05, 2014 by IAmSinistar
Which part of "optional" you didn't get?