It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
Oubadah:
Ebany: I think your reading too far into the exchange. Exactly what you've written there already happens. In the attachment I've uploaded you can see that they simply replace the old *.exe with a new one, but in some cases they will create a patch instead.

Nothing will change.
And in even more cases, they release both a Patch and a new Installer, replacing the older installer. One thing that I would like to see is all the older installers available for download, but that is a minor thing.
At least there is one good thing. Im seeing gogs Teddybear a lot of time now. Which probably means more customers for gog :)
Ebany: I think your reading too far into the exchange. Exactly what you've written there already happens. In the attachment I've uploaded you can see that they simply replace the old *.exe with a new one, but in some cases they will create a patch instead.

Nothing will change.
Zacron: And in even more cases, they release both a Patch and a new Installer, replacing the older installer. One thing that I would like to see is all the older installers available for download, but that is a minor thing.
Same.
Matruchus: At least there is one good thing. Im seeing gogs Teddybear a lot of time now. Which probably means more customers for gog :)
I agree. More people, more sales, improved services all round :)

Plus, the bigger GoG grow the more influence they'll have.
Post edited June 06, 2014 by Ebany
Zacron: And in even more cases, they release both a Patch and a new Installer, replacing the older installer. One thing that I would like to see is all the older installers available for download, but that is a minor thing.
Ebany: Same.
Matruchus: At least there is one good thing. Im seeing gogs Teddybear a lot of time now. Which probably means more customers for gog :)
Ebany: I agree. More people, more sales, improved services all round :)

Here's to hoping they grow big enough to stomp the DRM crap out of existence and never have to use regional pricing again.
Ebany: Same.

I agree. More people, more sales, improved services all round :)

npalsensei: Here's to hoping they grow big enough to stomp the DRM crap out of existence and never have to use regional pricing again.
Not religious but I'll still give an "Amen to that brother!"
The game comes out on my birthday!!
Yay, "Coming to SteamOS"!
Linux support -> Preordered :)
Thank you CDProject
Burnout: The only thing keeping me from preordering instantly is the missing of information on Linux availability. On the one hand I want to reward the trust that CDProject and GOG have established with me... but then I can't give my reward when they release a Linux Version...
As of today, Steam is advertising front page The Witcher 3 pre-release with support for SteamOS which confirms that the game has Linux support forthcoming. I believe it is very safe to assume that when they add Linux offerings to GOG.com later this year that they'll be adding their own games that have Linux support as well. We'll likely get official confirmation some time before then but personally I think it is an obvious thing that will happen and doesn't really need it to be written out in black and white. ;)

I'm not the pre-order type of person myself so I'm waiting for the time being but I may end up deciding to do it anyway as the release nears.
£36.49 on GOG (with extra discount for previous 2 games) and £34.99 on Steam. Both sites have the base price £49.99, so what gives? I know it's only £1.50, but how can Steam be offering a bigger discount (certainly more than the 10% advertised on the Store banner) than CDPR's own sister site?
skeletonbow: I'm not the pre-order type of person myself so I'm waiting for the time being but I may end up deciding to do it anyway as the release nears.
Let's wait for GOG's confirmation. The main thread about it (in order not to make an offtopic in this one).
Post edited June 08, 2014 by shmerl
LynetteC: £36.49 on GOG (with extra discount for previous 2 games) and £34.99 on Steam. Both sites have the base price £49.99, so what gives? I know it's only £1.50, but how can Steam be offering a bigger discount (certainly more than the 10% advertised on the Store banner) than CDPR's own sister site?
Doesn't the GOG release come with a bunch of extras that the Steam one omits?
LynetteC: £36.49 on GOG (with extra discount for previous 2 games) and £34.99 on Steam. Both sites have the base price £49.99, so what gives? I know it's only £1.50, but how can Steam be offering a bigger discount (certainly more than the 10% advertised on the Store banner) than CDPR's own sister site?
ssokolow: Doesn't the GOG release come with a bunch of extras that the Steam one omits?
It can be UK specific. The discount for US price looks bigger on GOG. Regional pricing madness as usual.
G-Doc: You mean our announcement? It's not. I promise. You can relax :-)
Do you know how long will preorder for the Wither 3 be active?
shmerl: Let's wait for GOG's confirmation. The main thread about it (in order not to make an offtopic in this one).
While I am a Linux gearhead at heart for 20 years now, my PC gaming is entirely Windows dominated. I appreciate games supporting Linux and hope some day that they all do, and I will be doing gaming in Linux at some point as well but Linux support is never a consideration for whether or not I buy a game. ;o) I don't pre-order games as a general rule because I can buy them when they come out just as easily with no consequence. Usually any pre-order bonuses offered by companies are relatively minor things and not usually something big enough to make me want to pay now and receive later. Getting a 20% discount is a reasonably good incentive though, but 9 months early is a little too early for me. ;o) Having said that though, even though Linux support is irrelevant insofar as me personally making a purchase, there isn't any doubt in my mind that The Witcher 3 will be available for Linux on GOG as the way I see it The Witcher series is their own game, is probably one of their biggest sellers, they'll be launching Linux platform support on the site before the new Witcher game launches and thus having the site and service level components in place, presumably Galaxy will have also launched and they've stated it supports all 3 platforms already. The only thing that makes any sense to me is to promote their new game which already has announced Linux support on Steam to have it also on their own site. I'm comfortable enough in that assumption that I don't need any confirmation personally, but if others require it written out in electrons that's totally cool too. To each their own as they say. :oP

Launching a new heavily anticipated game on the site and only providing LInux support on the primary competition's site when your own site supports the same platform is not a good way to make friends with customers and IMHO is not GOG's style of doing business so I'll personally eat my shorts if the game isn't available on Linux on GOG at launch also. ;oP
skeletonbow: While I am a Linux gearhead at heart for 20 years now, my PC gaming is entirely Windows dominated.
I don't have Windows installed at home at all and do all my gaming on Linux (and DRM-free with that). So if no DRM-free Linux version of Witcher 3 is coming out - no preorder from me. And if it is coming - I don't mind preordering to show support.

skeletonbow: Launching a new heavily anticipated game on the site and only providing LInux support on the primary competition's site when your own site supports the same platform is not a good way to make friends with customers and IMHO is not GOG's style of doing business so I'll personally eat my shorts if the game isn't available on Linux on GOG at launch also. ;oP
What I find strange is, that GOG announcement about Witcher 3 happened just a few days ago, and they didn't say a single word about Linux. That's why I'd rather wait for their confirmation than rely on assumptions (which are realistic, I agree).
Post edited June 08, 2014 by shmerl