It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get a free GOG.com game with your Curse.com premium membership!

[url=http://www.curse.com" target="_blank][/url]What a great day to have a curse! [url=http://www.curse.com" target="_blank]Curse.com[/url] premium membership, that is. We've partnered up with the fast-growing gaming network to make their sleek paid accounts offer even more awesome than before. Each premium user--whether they're upgrading their account or already have premium subscription--now gets to pick one of ten games redeemable on GOG.com. That's our way of putting a cherry on top of the already extensive offer, that includes--but is not limited to--unlimited access to a feature-full online gaming client, beta-keys giveaways, and various discounts with selected partners. Here's the list of GOG.com games that [url=http://www.curse.com" target="_blank]Curse.com[/url] premium members can pick from:

Sacred Gold
Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Empire Earth: Gold Edition
Divine Divinity
Dungeon Keeper Gold
Darwinia
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Puddle
Defender's Quest
Megabyte Punch

As you can see, whether you are a role-player, a strategist, a puzzle-solver, or even a keen tower defender, you'll get something extra for yourself with your current or new premium [url=http://www.curse.com" target="_blank]Curse.com[/url] membership. More info on obtaining the free game can be found in [url=http://www.curse.com/news/curse/49289-curse-premium-membership-now-includes-a-free-game" target="_blank]this Curse.com news article[/url]. This partnership offer remains valid at least until December 31, 2014. We highly recommend [url=http://www.curse.com" target="_blank]Curse.com[/url] services, and hope you'll enjoy your free title!
trusteft: Lastly, Gamersgate, though their DRM-Free offerings is more of a chance depending on the publisher, but if the game is DRM-free, then they keep it that way. Kind of.
Game being DRM-free on GamersGate does not quarantee they stay that way unfortunately. At least two games in my catalog that were bought DRM free have become Steamshitfail games so they've completely useless to me.
Stop complaining. There's no reason for it at this moment. I don't care about curse.com and have zero interest in the partnership. At this point it takes nothing away from me or forces me to do things I do not want so it has no impact. For that reason I chose not to enter this thread but a lot of people seem angry or worried. Sure it COULD attract assholes to the forum, sure it COULD be that down the line we are force to use stuff we don't want but now there is no such thing. If anything it more exposure and that's probably a good thing. Let's just wait and see shall we...
Wow, this is still going on?
Not really interesting... What about "more old games" on gog?
Post edited January 03, 2014 by Retrostage
Grogger: I can't resist adding that from experience I have nothing positive to say about Curse.com. I've seen them obtain sites where the content and work was done by the users (for example think Wiki like sites) and once they control it things go decidedly downhill, even if you exclude things like new adverts being added.

This practice alone of running around buying out sites where the users have added all the content only so Curse.com can control it and turn it into something profitable for them is in no way a good thing. Just imagine if one company got a stronghold on all the gaming Wiki like sites, at that point how long before they flex more of their muscle for more profit and parts of the sites become "premium" features.

I used to be active on one such wiki like site and by the time Curse.com was done with it I couldn't bear contributing to it anymore just so they could control and profit from it while assimilating it to their liking.
Whoever owned the sites SOLD them to Curse, so it's not Curse's fault.

Once they own a site, they can do what they want with it as they paid for it, including any ads as that's just about the only way to make money from a website so far.

Personally, I've never understood why anyone contributes to a free Wiki as the person who actually owns the site also owns all the content you write and they can do anything they want with it, including sell it and make money on it.
You know that when you agree to write for such a site. It's not something I would ever do, however.
I was hoping that gog finally starts to dabble in witchcraft, hoodoo and sorcery.
Starting with curses seems appropriate in order to tap into the dark eldritch powers.

So, with high expecatation, after reading the whole article, this partnership is a rather anticlimatic disappointment.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by Khadgar42
Bloodygoodgames: Personally, I've never understood why anyone contributes to a free Wiki as the person who actually owns the site also owns all the content you write and they can do anything they want with it, including sell it and make money on it.
You know that when you agree to write for such a site. It's not something I would ever do, however.
I don't quite understand your reasoning. Would it be somehow better if everyone went and created their own websites for the stuff, thereby meaning that you'd have to hunt for the information you're looking for on possibly hundreds of different sites with not two of them ever containing the same stuff? The whole point with the various wikis is to consolidate all the available information in a single, accessible place.
trusteft: Lastly, Gamersgate, though their DRM-Free offerings is more of a chance depending on the publisher, but if the game is DRM-free, then they keep it that way. Kind of.
Petrell: Game being DRM-free on GamersGate does not quarantee they stay that way unfortunately. At least two games in my catalog that were bought DRM free have become Steamshitfail games so they've completely useless to me.
Which games?
Petrell: Game being DRM-free on GamersGate does not quarantee they stay that way unfortunately. At least two games in my catalog that were bought DRM free have become Steamshitfail games so they've completely useless to me.
trusteft: Which games?
King Arthur Collection by NeoCoreGames and Supreme Commander Gold by Nordic Games.
This announcement makes me nervous as well. Other than possibly introducing a few new users to GOG, I just don't see anything good about it. I vaguely remember curse.com from my WOW days and I'm not sure if it was the site that tried to infect my computer with malware. I just don't want to see anything bad happen to GOG (DRM, acquisition, deal with the devil, etc.). GOG is one of the very few companies that I think is on the right track and I don't want to see them screw it up. When most companies make a change it almost always seems to be for the worse. I really can't fathom why but that just seems to be the way things go. I guess what I'm saying is, GOG please don't change!
I'm glad everyone else is as mystified as I am about what Curse does. It just looks like different sections parading themselves as content...
Curse does nothing good. I saw them take over the Minecraft Wiki (because the stupid Admins thought it was clever). A lot of problems occured and people needed to register a account at Curse. Many contributors didn't like that. Overall performance of the site dropped and Curse ads appeared.

The Curse Network is a real curse. I suggest not to register an Curse account.
high rated
Urg, Curse. Bane of anything good.

Bad move GoG.
Never really heard of Curse, but still, nice. Anything that gets GOG more customers is a good thing.
I also realized that I already have every game that I want on that free list.