It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

darthspudius: The Witcher 3 DID have DRM if you bought the disc. Wasn't allowed to install it without Galaxy and wasn't allowed to play it without a day one patch. How very Steam of GOG.

Of course the game will get pirated. People don't value games as much as they use to. It's all just throw away digital junk.
Lies, GoG Version is and was DRM free, always, i have the CE Version of Witcher 3 and it didn t force
Galaxy on me (as far as i remember). Maybe forgot to cancel the Galaxy installation eh?
Even if you were forced, you always can get the offline installer form GoG.com :P

Also execute the Witcher 3 exe and you ll realize the game stars without the client
and without I net, NO OTHER clients supports this. The game you have on GoG is YOURS
and YOUR GAME alone.

Wticher 3 pirated / cracked version was the one from STEAM ultimatively, as far as i know.
Look at it... quality ensures sold copies, not DRM, or third party sniffing tools.

Cyberpunk 2077 ll be pirated, yes, but preorders already broke the Witcher 3 ones.
So i think no worries on that front for CDPR, except for hunting the uploaders ofc.
//www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/cd-projekt-posts-strong-results-2016/

The CD PROJEKT Group reported 584 million PLN in sales revenues and 251 million PLN in net profit for 2016. Cumulative revenues from sales of The Witcher 3 topped 1 billion PLN in 1.5 years. Since the release of the first instalment in The Witcher trilogy CD PROJEKT has sold over 25 million copies of The Witcher games.30 Mar 2017

Sales

Before its release, over 1.5 million people pre-ordered the game.[102] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt debuted atop the UK software sales chart in its first week, when it earned 600 percent more than predecessor The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It was the best-selling video game of the year in the UK, breaking the record held by Battlefield Hardline.[103] It debuted atop the Japanese video-game sales charts, selling 67,385 copies in its first week.[104] Four million copies of the game were sold in its first two weeks of release.[105] By June 2015, over 690,000 players had activated the game through GOG Galaxy.[106][107] The game sold over six million copies in the next six weeks,[45] and the studio made a profit of $63.3 million in the first half of 2015.[108] In March 2016, CD Projekt Red reported that the game had shipped nearly 10 million copies worldwide.[109] By the end of 2017, the series as a whole had sold over 33 million.[110][111] By June 2019, that number had risen to over 40 million, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt accounting for over half of that figure.[112]

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

Intruth i doubt any dev has to worry about pirating with the amount of gamers worldwide, except for the indie devs perhaps. But if you make a great game and you're honest, i think gamers will buy it over pirating it.

As one who has pirated, i did it due to low income and the fact i cannot and will not spend vast amounts of money on games that are advertised to this fantastic degree and are totally shit on release.

Demos are a must these days, if you don't provide demos expect people to find a way to play it without paying.
Post edited July 10, 2019 by DetouR6734
MadyNora: Plus I know of people who actually stopped pirating (or pirated a lot less) after they discovered DRMfree games.
toxicTom: ^This. Especially a few people I introduced to GOG went all legal after many years of "external backup copies". Some even started buying on Steam... because they couldn't get ie. Deus Ex HR on GOG and had gotten used to actually pay for games... So the industry should give GOG a medal, really...
I mean, that's me. I used to download games all the time. I'd buy them if I liked at a price I felt was worth it. But now I buy pretty much everything.... Bsome, in triplicate *looks at his 4 copies of Dragon Age in his GOG 2.0 shelf*
Will Cyberpunk 2077 be instantly pirated?

Of course it will. Just like any other game out there, DRM-ed or not. But like any other GREAT game out there, the piracy won't hurt it because the only people pirating it will be those douchecanoes who would never have bought it in the first place.
Maxvorstadt: Pirated? I`ve never seen or heard of someone who attacked a ship to get a copy of a game!
You sure are missing out!
Yes.
darthspudius: The Witcher 3 DID have DRM if you bought the disc. Wasn't allowed to install it without Galaxy and wasn't allowed to play it without a day one patch. How very Steam of GOG.

Of course the game will get pirated. People don't value games as much as they use to. It's all just throw away digital junk.
GHOSTMD: Lies, GoG Version is and was DRM free, always, i have the CE Version of Witcher 3 and it didn t force
Galaxy on me (as far as i remember). Maybe forgot to cancel the Galaxy installation eh?
Even if you were forced, you always can get the offline installer form GoG.com :P
He's talking about the disc version. If you'd have preordered the disc version and wouldn't have had access to or didn't want to use internet you would not have had a working game.

As to piracy, ofcourse it will be pirated, like anything gets pirated, some games just take a little longer than others before they get pirated. It always amazes me how blind some people are to the fact that there's also people out there who will absolutely forego purchasing a game if they can pirate it, but will purchase it if they have no other choice. It goes both ways
Post edited July 10, 2019 by Pheace
"Excuse me, bank teller. I'm genuinely concerned that there's not enough security in this bank. To put my mind at ease, would you mind sharing the specific vault model you use, number and placement of guards, and precise location of any and all dye packs?"

Cough.
low rated

GHOSTMD: Lies, GoG Version is and was DRM free, always, i have the CE Version of Witcher 3 and it didn t force

Also execute the Witcher 3 exe and you ll realize the game stars without the client
and without I net, NO OTHER clients supports this. The game you have on GoG is YOURS
and YOUR GAME alone.

Wticher 3 pirated / cracked version was the one from STEAM ultimatively, as far as i know.
Look at it... quality ensures sold copies, not DRM, or third party sniffing tools.

Cyberpunk 2077 ll be pirated, yes, but preorders already broke the Witcher 3 ones.
So i think no worries on that front for CDPR, except for hunting the uploaders ofc.
Tell me exactly how that is a LIE considering that is my EXACT experience with installing The Witcher 3 in PC? Were you sitting right behind me as I had this issue? I literally had no choice but to install Galaxy to just install the game. If you can go back in time and prove otherwise, go for it. Otherwise, STFU.
Ironically the pirated version will be Steam's and THEN GOG's, and not the other way around... It always happens the same. Still... it will sell a lot, proving DRM-Free and piracy and sells DO NOT GO HAND IN HAND IN HAND... in hand.
"A third of Cyberpunk 2077 digital preorders on PC have been on GOG"
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-third-of-cyberpunk-2077-digital-preorders-on-pc-have-been-on-gog/

"A third of Cyberpunk 2077's digital preorders on PC have been made on GOG, according to developer and platform owner CD Projekt Red. An exact figure hasn't been given, but the reception to the recent release date announcement and Keanu's E3 cameo almost certainly ensures that the numbers are pretty big.

Thank you for your support—it's breathtaking," CD Projekt Red said on Twitter, repeating a phrase that will absolutely follow the John Wick star around for at least another year. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Johnny Silverhand, his character in Cyberpunk, referred to as breathtaking as a nod one of E3's most memorable moments. "

"Epic CEO Tim Sweeney congratulated GOG in a tweet, adding that it proved the multi-store future had arrived and that GOG Galaxy will unite the PC gaming community instead of fracturing it. Whatever your feelings are about the Epic Games Store, it's an unusual way to frame the news. GOG has been around for over a decade, and while Steam has dominated that entire period it's had to share customers with a multitude of stores and platforms. The Epic Games Store has also been accused of fragmenting PC gaming, which people in the tweet's replies were quick to point out. "

Don't think pirating will be much of an issue. It's quite impressive actually, because if they're getting the figures from Epic Store, Steam, and GoG, GoG is selling it competitively with the other two.
Post edited July 10, 2019 by Flesh420.613
If it plays well i'll buy it through GOG, unless it comes free with my next Graphics Card purchase.
I don't see a reason why OP is being downvoted.
darthspudius: Tell me exactly how that is a LIE considering that is my EXACT experience with installing The Witcher 3 in PC? Were you sitting right behind me as I had this issue? I literally had no choice but to install Galaxy to just install the game. If you can go back in time and prove otherwise, go for it. Otherwise, STFU.
Same. It was no big deal to me, as I was already a GOG customer and the "unlock patch" wasn't very big... But still, it wasn't so different from what other publishers are doing. Also, I don't remember for sure whether there was an option to skip the Galaxy client installation, but by default it did install the client. ( Even though I had no interest in it. And it actually caused some problems with a handful of games I later bought at GOG. )
low rated
pkk234: I don't see a reason why OP is being downvoted.
Some here seemingly dislike ANYTHING that questions GOG/CDPR or seems to promote another site.