It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: The Postal 2 Tweet came from the GoG account, but let's face the facts. The Tweet said nothing offensive at all. People took offense at the video attached and it's highly doubtful the CM is picking out those clips themselves, they would be sent by the developers. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good outrage, shall we?
welll.... arguably that's exactly what a CM / PR person should do... part of the job is vetting the content sent from the organisations channels.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by amok
low rated
SirPrimalform: Big controversy = bad at PR.
You seem to keep up with the circular logic. Just because there is a flap about something doesn't make it a PR mistake. Telika has it about right. PR is about promotion and if your promotion is bland, you are also doing your job "poorly". Even that hashtag, even on the ResetEra forums people were saying they hadn't heard of it before. And if they hadn't, it seems counterintuitive to believe Linko should have known.

Just think about what has daily job entails. Moderating these forums. Crafting promotional tweets and responding on Twitter. Probably Discord too. Given all the things he was responsible for, I don't think it's not outrageous that he co-opted a random trending hashtag that was named spot on with a GoG tenet. We can play woulda coulda shoulda all day, but I'm pretty sure most PR professionals aren't spending undue time researching all these hashtags they co-opt when they have a lot of other promotional tasks too.

It's called being reasonable. It's like calling the driver or store terrible when your pizza arrives late because you are on the edge of town and no other deliveries were going out that direction. Both could be doing their best in a stressful situation, but one mistake and you guys want to call them bad at their jobs with utterly no reflection of the reality of their jobs.

But I wouldn't expect someone like you to be "understanding" when you clearly don't read what others say and use terms like "redpill koolaid", an insult and thus ad hominem attack, as some sort of argument. As a center Left independent who voted for Obama twice (and would have voted for him over either candidate last election if I could have), you see to like to paint everyone with your broad strokes. You seem completely unwilling to address the issue with how many times this same group of people have "outraged" over nothing like the name of "PC Master Race" or even "assuming one's gender" which IS often also an actual response from those being mis-pronouned. For example, what if Alicja was the one who was using that Twitter that day? That she felt a little offended that the previous Tweeter was asking for "MORE GUYS"? Does that change anything? Granted I'm assuming Alicja is female...
Post edited November 18, 2018 by RWarehall
RWarehall: ...
I didn't say either of those things.
low rated
RWarehall: You seem to keep up with the circular logic. Just because there is a flap about something doesn't make it a PR mistake. Telika has it about right. PR is about promotion and if your promotion is bland, you are also doing your job "poorly". Even that hashtag, even on the ResetEra forums people were saying they hadn't heard of it before. And if they hadn't, it seems counterintuitive to believe Linko should have known.

Just think about what has daily job entails. Moderating these forums. Crafting promotional tweets and responding on Twitter. Probably Discord too. Given all the things he was responsible for, I don't think it's not outrageous that he co-opted a random trending hashtag that was named spot on with a GoG tenet. We can play woulda coulda shoulda all day, but I'm pretty sure most PR professionals aren't spending undue time researching all these hashtags they co-opt when they have a lot of other promotional tasks too.
Have you ever used twitter? It takes a few seconds to click on a trending hashtag to see what it's about.

RWarehall: It's called being reasonable. It's like calling the driver or store terrible when your pizza arrives late because you are on the edge of town and no other deliveries were going out that direction. Both could be doing their best in a stressful situation, but one mistake and you guys want to call them bad at their jobs with utterly no reflection of the reality of their jobs.

But I wouldn't expect someone like you to be "understanding" when you clearly don't read what others say and use terms like "redpill koolaid", an insult and thus ad hominem attack, as some sort of argument. As a center Left independent who voted for Obama twice (and would have voted for him over either candidate last election if I could have), you see to like to paint everyone with your broad strokes. You seem completely unwilling to address the issue with how many times this same group of people have "outraged" over nothing like the name of "PC Master Race" or even "assuming one's gender" which IS often also an actual response from those being mis-pronouned. For example, what if Alicja was the one who was using that Twitter that day? That she felt a little offended that the ? previous Tweeter was asking for "MORE GUYS"? Does that change anything? Granted I'm assuming Alicja is female...
Sorry, did I insult you? Good thing I'm not in the business of PR. Oh well, you did call me bollocks. :P

I'm leaving for tonight, found marginally more interesting things to do.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated
SirPrimalform: Have you ever used twitter? It takes a few seconds to click on a trending hashtag to see what it's about.
Yup, use the "it's just another couple seconds" excuse. It's a stupid an excuse as when we had a plumbing disaster at work, I spent a couple hours helping fix it on top of my normal duties and had a manager complain the trash wasn't taken out on my shift because "it's just another couple seconds" even though he left it full (he was too busy to be able to do it for the same reason, the plumbing he didn't get fixed correctly on his shift). And that's why many other companies have made the same error, right? They are also bad at their jobs coming from us who are not in the PR industry. I guess you know better that all of them...you seem to think of yourself as pretty special.

And wonderful you seem to keep using "swear words' as if the rules don't seem to apply to you. Oh yeah, right. You are "special".

As usual, you don't want to discuss the actual issue. you repeat the same tagline over and over again as you've done multiple times in every thread on the subject. Not once, have you addressed whether the "outrage mob" can be wrong, even though it's been presented to you multiple times that they often are. And when you have nothing better to say, after refusing to discuss the actual issue at all except for repeating the same thing "Negative response" = "bad PR manager", you lob partisan insults. Just like every other time you spout off your "opinions" and refuse to discuss the actual issue.
low rated
RWarehall: Yup, use the "it's just another couple seconds" excuse. It's a stupid an excuse as when we had a plumbing disaster at work, I spent a couple hours helping fix it on top of my normal duties and had a manager complain the trash wasn't taken out on my shift because "it's just another couple seconds" even though he left it full (he was too busy to be able to do it for the same reason, the plumbing he didn't get fixed correctly on his shift). And that's why many other companies have made the same error, right? They are also bad at their jobs coming from us who are not in the PR industry. I guess you know better that all of them...you seem to think of yourself as pretty special.
I'm not even sure how that's comparable. The tweet is a piece of the work that he's paid to do, by not checking what the hashtag means he'd be sending out unfinished work.

RWarehall: And wonderful you seem to keep using "swear words' as if the rules don't seem to apply to you. Oh yeah, right. You are "special".
In that particular instance I was quoting you. I also wouldn't consider it a swear word, I think you got modded for namecalling. Or maybe I am special, who knows?

RWarehall: As usual, you don't want to discuss the actual issue. you repeat the same tagline over and over again as you've done multiple times in every thread on the subject. Not once, have you addressed whether the "outrage mob" can be wrong, even though it's been presented to you multiple times that they often are. And when you have nothing better to say, after refusing to discuss the actual issue at all except for repeating the same thing "Negative response" = "bad PR manager", you lob partisan insults. Just like every other time you spout off your "opinions" and refuse to discuss the actual issue.
Nope, not interested. Bye!
tinyE: Your call, but I'm thinking maybe take off, nuke it from orbit.
I agree. It's the only way to be sure. :p
low rated
RWarehall: Yup, use the "it's just another couple seconds" excuse. It's a stupid an excuse as when we had a plumbing disaster at work, I spent a couple hours helping fix it on top of my normal duties and had a manager complain the trash wasn't taken out on my shift because "it's just another couple seconds" even though he left it full (he was too busy to be able to do it for the same reason, the plumbing he didn't get fixed correctly on his shift). And that's why many other companies have made the same error, right? They are also bad at their jobs coming from us who are not in the PR industry. I guess you know better that all of them...you seem to think of yourself as pretty special.
SirPrimalform: I'm not even sure how that's comparable. The tweet is a piece of the work that he's paid to do, by not checking what the hashtag means he'd be sending out unfinished work.
Whatever. Clearly you aren't here to discuss anything, just incite discussions as usual. Of course it's comparable, the same way he told me "it's in my job description". You don't know what else Linko had to do that day. It's very easy to "backseat drive" and tell someone they should've gone another way when they run into traffic. It's very easy to second guess people's mistakes. I just find it offensive that so many people want to judge others over something they know nothing about. Especially when they are clearly not interested in the real facts of the situation.

Did you even look at the first post on ResetEra describing Linko's "crime"? Titled "CDP tweets trash tweet about trans people AGAIN this time from GOG". Where they explain what the hashtag means, argues there is "no scenario where this can be as anything other than transphobia", saying it isn't just "tone deaf" or "accidental" because it's the "third time". Leading the mob to the slaughter. It wasn't the people initially offended by the tweet, it's all the people who piled on based on a "weaponized narrative" that ignored the truth. Factually incorrect information like "third time" CDPR has promoted "transphobia".

Ignore the fact that the only other tweet "don't assume our gender" (posted by CDPR) seemed to be unrelated entirely to transphobia but was rather pointing out that more than just men work at CDPR. I've seen many other people use that phrase in that context. That there wasn't a second post, unless to follow a very long string of assumptions. First, the video is intentionally offensive. That it refers to the "Gamers are Dead" articles, which links to Gamergate, which is transphobic because they are claimed to be a "hate group". It take quite a stretch to make it out to be offensive in the first place.

Yet, the more rational explanation, that the video came straight from the developer. This same developer who "gaming journalism" has attacked all of their games, giving them a "0" rating; calling for their games not to be stocked in digital stores, calling their games the worst ever made. That this developer wasn't the one who crafted this video as a direct response to "games journalists" who have been going out of their way to attack their company. Sort of like how Metallica when they finally won a Grammy the first time in the "Hard Rock" category, thanked Jethro Tull for not releasing an album that year and thanked all the radio stations playing their songs (as they were excluded from every major conglomerate at the time). But nope, not the developer's choice...not at all...clearly not Running with Scissors taking a stab at the so-called "journalists"...

But of course not. You don't want the facts, you just want to backseat drive as usual. Like I said, hope you get fired over some dumb mistake you make at your job because "you should've known better". Because that's what you deserve or else you are a hypocrite.

It's very easy to look back with "you should've done that", but in reality, people make mistakes. And it's a real shame Linko was fired over something this nitpicky. That we live in an age where "entitled" mobs can try to ruin people's lives for one simple mistake through an exaggerated smear campaign. That so many people buy into all the hype while refusing to look into the facts. And if you try to bring any sense of "middle ground" to a discussion, you get painted as an alt-right homophobic Nazi because you don't 100% agree with the extremist mob. But that's what happens when the extreme 8% mob dominates every discussion...I'm part of the 80% who disagrees with this...
Post edited November 19, 2018 by RWarehall
low rated
RWarehall: Whatever. Clearly you aren't here to discuss anything, just incite discussions as usual.
I'm not here to do anything any more. Bye!
Post edited November 19, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated
It used to be a tradition, I'm not sure when it stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEe_1lMJLRg
RWarehall: [...] but in reality, people make mistakes. [...]
and in reality, people get fired for making mistakes. always have happened, always will happen. this is the reality of the world we live in.

if it is right or wrong that people get fired for making mistakes?...
low rated
wpegg: It used to be a tradition, I'm not sure when it stopped.

Wonderful contribution to the thread. I'm sure you are just trying to help...
Clearly not some sort of personal attack or name calling...just amazing...
low rated
RWarehall: [...] but in reality, people make mistakes. [...]
amok: and in reality, people get fired for making mistakes.
I did.
Not once have I held anything against the company that did it.

I read the Employee COC, I signed it, I broke it, I got fired. The reason is moot. The COC could have said if I was caught coloring outside of the lines I'd be fired. Stupid rule, but if I sign off on it and then I get caught coloring outside of the lines, then I get fired, and have no one to blame but myself.
amok: and in reality, people get fired for making mistakes.
tinyE: I did.
Not once have I held anything against the company that did it.

I read the Employee COC, I signed it, I broke it, I got fired. The reason is moot. The COC could have said if I was caught coloring outside of the lines I'd be fired. Stupid rule, but if I sign off on it and then I get caught coloring outside of the lines, then I get fired, and have no one to blame but myself.
was the crayon thick and round or thin and pointy? if thin - your fault, if thick - the employers fault for providing faulty equipment.
wpegg: It used to be a tradition, I'm not sure when it stopped.

RWarehall: Wonderful contribution to the thread. I'm sure you are just trying to help...
Clearly not some sort of personal attack or name calling...just amazing...
Thankyou, it's a wonderful performance isn't it?

I seem to remember that it was originally meant to be a fully worded song, but the singer was not able to perform it because of the political fallout. He instead decided to just sing the song, no real words, just feeling and expression.