It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

snowkatt: there is a megadrive version
darthspudius: Really? I did not know that, wish I still had mine >_< my sister stole it when I moved out.
actually i think the megadrive version of herzog zwei is better known then the home computer ones
its certaibly the version im familair with

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzog_Zwei

actually herzog zwei is only available on the megadrive
snowkatt: dune II ? ;p
darthspudius: Dune 2 deserves a lot more credit too. Wicked little game that was.
Wonder who holds the IP rights for the game are currently, or if the overall rights returned to the Herbert estate.
darthspudius: Really? I did not know that, wish I still had mine >_< my sister stole it when I moved out.
snowkatt: actually i think the megadrive version of herzog zwei is better known then the home computer ones
its certaibly the version im familair with

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzog_Zwei

actually herzog zwei is only available on the megadrive
It still looks like fun actually.
darthspudius: Dune 2 deserves a lot more credit too. Wicked little game that was.
wolfsite: Wonder who holds the IP rights for the game are currently, or if the overall rights returned to the Herbert estate.
split between EA and herberts estate i bet
wolfsite: Wonder who holds the IP rights for the game are currently, or if the overall rights returned to the Herbert estate.
snowkatt: split between EA and herberts estate i bet
Can't be, EA lost the rights to create and Distribute Dune games a while back. I know a company called DreamCatcher held them for a while but the games they made were not very good.
wolfsite: Can't be, EA lost the rights to create and Distribute Dune games a while back. I know a company called DreamCatcher held them for a while but the games they made were not very good.
then its either in limbo or back to the herbert estate
wolfsite: Can't be, EA lost the rights to create and Distribute Dune games a while back. I know a company called DreamCatcher held them for a while but the games they made were not very good.
Rights to distribute already created Dune games COULD still lie with EA. Even if they don't that doesn't mean the Herbert estate and/or any of their potential current licensees can release the games without the participation of EA.
Kristian: Rights to distribute already created Dune games COULD still lie with EA. Even if they don't that doesn't mean the Herbert estate and/or any of their potential current licensees can release the games without the participation of EA.
It just depends on how the agreements were setup.

When Ubisoft had the TMNT license they were releasing TMNT games that were made by Konami on Virtual Console.
Post edited April 07, 2015 by wolfsite
darthspudius: Only problem is that people don't have intentions of playing the original ground breaking game. Which is still the best in the series.
Maybe rightfully so? I recently fired up Red Alert, which I used to love when it came out, but I gotta say, it is pretty lame. The novelty is gone and the gameplay ranges from annoying to braindead. Still like the cutscene movies, though.

btw the first 5 games or so have been freeware for quite a while now, without DRM, thanks to EA. And they run on win 7 64.
Does anyone know how to make Red Alert 2 + Yuri Revenge works on Windows 8.1?

I enjoy playing it on Win 7. But when that PC died and I bought a laptop with Win 8.1, it no longer runs.

I did some searching, but I doesn't want to install un-official patch or anything that malware might creep in.
darthspudius: Only problem is that people don't have intentions of playing the original ground breaking game. Which is still the best in the series.
jamotide: Maybe rightfully so? I recently fired up Red Alert, which I used to love when it came out, but I gotta say, it is pretty lame. The novelty is gone and the gameplay ranges from annoying to braindead. Still like the cutscene movies, though.

btw the first 5 games or so have been freeware for quite a while now, without DRM, thanks to EA. And they run on win 7 64.
Red Alert was always better as a multiplayer but the original game has quite a challenge to it. The AI cheats at every corner, which keeps you on your toes lol.
fablefox: Does anyone know how to make Red Alert 2 + Yuri Revenge works on Windows 8.1?
The Origin version runs right off the bat in Win 8.1, only needing the small ini tweak in order to increase the game speed. I doubt the original disc version has any official patches released for it, so unofficial patches are propably your only option.
darthspudius: Red Alert was always better as a multiplayer but the original game has quite a challenge to it. The AI cheats at every corner, which keeps you on your toes lol.
well, you can always sandbag-block the fucker. Cheats to me, heh.
darthspudius: Red Alert was always better as a multiplayer but the original game has quite a challenge to it. The AI cheats at every corner, which keeps you on your toes lol.
P1na: well, you can always sandbag-block the fucker. Cheats to me, heh.
Well you could, but some levels it is just too much effort. That and did EA not patch that out of their latest re-release?
darthspudius: Well you could, but some levels it is just too much effort. That and did EA not patch that out of their latest re-release?
No idea, I played it back in the day and haven't replayed it recently. It would be a pity if they did though, I had so much fun trapping the enemy harvester.