It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psi 5 is still awesome.

And still instabuy-worthy if it ever pops up on gog.
Celton88: GOG was pretty consistent on their release times for a couple of weeks. I wonder what is holding them up today? Hopefully Star Wars Droidworks :-)
When GOG has Day 1 releases, they are usually required to hold off until the game is also available on the other platforms, the biggest one being Steam. Steam usually releases new games about 6 hours after GOG's normal release time. So, a late release is a pretty good clue that the game is going to be a day 1 indie of some sort.
Dang, was hoping we'd get at least one LucasArts game Tue. and Thur. from here until they "run out".
tfishell: Dang, was hoping we'd get at least one LucasArts game Tue. and Thur. from here until they "run out".
To be fair, they DID give you 6 Tuesday.
Telika: Psi 5 is still awesome.

And still instabuy-worthy if it ever pops up on gog.
I was wondering if anyone else would remember that game.

Unfortunately I just looked at screen shots. The DOS version is only three colors, unless I'm missing something. The C-64 version looks much better.
tfishell: Dang, was hoping we'd get at least one LucasArts game Tue. and Thur. from here until they "run out".
I'm betting it's a weekly thing, either 1 or 2 a week. Why would they want to go any faster?
yyahoo: I'm betting it's a weekly thing, either 1 or 2 a week. Why would they want to go any faster?
So GOG employees can get a bigger Christmas bonus.
I know Friday isn't traditionally a release day, but perhaps we'll see something Halloween-ish tomorrow, given that it's Halloween and all.

One can hope, anyway. :)
yyahoo: I'm betting it's a weekly thing, either 1 or 2 a week. Why would they want to go any faster?
jalister: So GOG employees can get a bigger Christmas bonus.
Releasing games faster doesn't necessarily equal greater sales. There's a saturation point where people will run out of money to spend on unnecessary, entertainment products. If you release them in a slow steady stream, you make it easier for people to justify smaller, impulsive purchases. You also stretch out your promotional opportunities. You get a big traffic boost of people checking out what the new release is for 3 months, instead of 1 or 2. There are many, many business/strategic reasons to make this a slow, drawn out process.
jalister: So GOG employees can get a bigger Christmas bonus.
yyahoo: Releasing games faster doesn't necessarily equal greater sales. There's a saturation point where people will run out of money to spend on unnecessary, entertainment products. If you release them in a slow steady stream, you make it easier for people to justify smaller, impulsive purchases. You also stretch out your promotional opportunities. You get a big traffic boost of people checking out what the new release is for 3 months, instead of 1 or 2. There are many, many business/strategic reasons to make this a slow, drawn out process.
I get that, I reached my saturation point on day one, and I only purchased one title. I was just trying to coax more releases so I can get to the ones I really want. I can't buy all my games with a discount.

So GOG, you can release KotOR2 now.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by jalister
RandomGal: I know Friday isn't traditionally a release day, but perhaps we'll see something Halloween-ish tomorrow, given that it's Halloween and all.

One can hope, anyway. :)
I really HOPE that Costume Quest 2 gets released here. It's out today on other platforms for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and even WiiU.
yyahoo: Releasing games faster doesn't necessarily equal greater sales. There's a saturation point where people will run out of money to spend on unnecessary, entertainment products. If you release them in a slow steady stream, you make it easier for people to justify smaller, impulsive purchases. You also stretch out your promotional opportunities. You get a big traffic boost of people checking out what the new release is for 3 months, instead of 1 or 2. There are many, many business/strategic reasons to make this a slow, drawn out process.
jalister: I get that, I reached my saturation point on day one, and I only purchased one title. I was just trying to coax more releases so I can get to the ones I really want. I can't buy all my games with a discount.

So GOG, you can release KotOR2 now.
I understand. There are definitely some games that I'm looking forward to as well. I just see this all too clearly from a business perspective. If I was the GOG decision makers, I would have only released 4 games initially. I would then only release 1 game per week thereafter. I might even skip a week if sales on some of the previously released titles held steady and also give some of your customers some extra time to purchase one of the previous releases that they had been on the fence about. I also never would have revealed even an estimate of how many titles I expected to eventually release... I guess you guys should be thankful that I'm not in charge. :)
Post edited October 30, 2014 by yyahoo
Erich_Zann: Yes. There is a computer in one room which when used starts Maniac Mansion.
Can't remember which version of Maniac Mansion though.
svmariscal: Well, that's nice and all, but I still want my proper MM release.
Oh, me too. I was just answering your question.
it's here!
http://www.gog.com/game/icewind_dale_enhanced_edition
Hmmm... doesn't seem to be regionally-priced. Let's wait and see.