It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 for the second time and quit Destiny due to its repetitive nature. I guess I'm in between major IPs, playing a bit of Tetris, Pure Pool, Guacamele, Super Street Fighter 4 while I wait for something good to come along. Missed all Witcher games, so maybe it's as good a time as any to get into them. See what the hype is about. Also got a really big itch to get Pirates Gold and Aquanox another whirl!
Post edited August 01, 2015 by PsxMeUP
Just beat the original STALKER. It was decent fun. Towards the end it became a tad bit linear though. Got the greedy ending because I just couldn't find much use for my money other than buying the odd extra ammo. The game literally gave me everything I needed by exploring, completing missions, and shooting "bad" guys.

I bought the trilogy when it was initially released on GOG. After reading up on what Clear Sky entailed I think I may skip that one though. The original was fun enough, but not so much so that I want to retread a lot of ground in this semi-standalone expansion. Guess it's onward to Call of Pripyat whenever I decide I want to do some more stalking, but that's not at the moment. I think I had my fill of desolate settings for now after playing the two Metros and SoC in short succession.

Next up: Albion. I've already play-tested a bit - I'm still in the introductory bit after crash-landing so I haven't experienced any combat yet - and it very well looks like I may quite enjoy this one despite some of its awkward mechanics. More to report on at a later date.
mistermumbles: Just beat the original STALKER. It was decent fun. Towards the end it became a tad bit linear though. Got the greedy ending because I just couldn't find much use for my money other than buying the odd extra ammo. The game literally gave me everything I needed by exploring, completing missions, and shooting "bad" guys.

I bought the trilogy when it was initially released on GOG. After reading up on what Clear Sky entailed I think I may skip that one though. The original was fun enough, but not so much so that I want to retread a lot of ground in this semi-standalone expansion. Guess it's onward to Call of Pripyat whenever I decide I want to do some more stalking, but that's not at the moment. I think I had my fill of desolate settings for now after playing the two Metros and SoC in short succession.

Next up: Albion. I've already play-tested a bit - I'm still in the introductory bit after crash-landing so I haven't experienced any combat yet - and it very well looks like I may quite enjoy this one despite some of its awkward mechanics. More to report on at a later date.
So wait, did you only play up to that weird stone in the sarcophagus? I'm pretty sure that's not the real ending. You need to play a bit beyond that to get a 'good' ending.

And yeah, you can give Clear Sky a skip, especially if you just finished the original. It's a smaller game, and the game only adds one new fun location, the beginning swamps. Apart from that, it's the exact same maps from the original, only with a different faction distribution.
Looks like I might have to bust out my copy of Clear Sky. It's the only one I've got, so I guess the middle one is it.
Matewis: So wait, did you only play up to that weird stone in the sarcophagus? I'm pretty sure that's not the real ending. You need to play a bit beyond that to get a 'good' ending.
I figured as much, but I guess I didn't feel like putting in the effort to find that hidden door in the facility - I did have the electronic key for it. As with most games with multiple endings once I reach one I usually don't bother to play to reach another (or replay for that matter) and just watch the other ones on youtube instead. *shrug* Kind of like I got the bad ending for Metro Last Light and finding out the "morale" system in that game is beyond peculiar.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by mistermumbles
Don't progress well in Hitman - currently stuck in the first jungle mission - so I played mainly Tomb Raider 2 and finished it last night.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by viperfdl
viperfdl: Don't progress well in Hitman - currently stuck in the first jungle mission - so I played mainly Tomb Raider 2 and finished it last night.
Oh, yes... THAT mission.
It is just an enormous empty area you have to navigate blindly to find your objective, and it is not really worth the trouble, as all you have to do is just wander randomly until you find what you are seeking. It is not something I usually do, but that mission is so badly designed that I recommend you to simply look for the places you need to visit on the internet and end the mission as fast as you can; many people quit the game there, but it would be a real pity to skip all the other great missions just for that terrible and pointlessly confusing one.
If you are fast enough, you can even avoid the enemy patrol.
viperfdl: Don't progress well in Hitman - currently stuck in the first jungle mission - so I played mainly Tomb Raider 2 and finished it last night.
Enebias: Oh, yes... THAT mission.
It is just an enormous empty area you have to navigate blindly to find your objective, and it is not really worth the trouble, as all you have to do is just wander randomly until you find what you are seeking. It is not something I usually do, but that mission is so badly designed that I recommend you to simply look for the places you need to visit on the internet and end the mission as fast as you can; many people quit the game there, but it would be a real pity to skip all the other great missions just for that terrible and pointlessly confusing one.
If you are fast enough, you can even avoid the enemy patrol.
Navigating in the jungle is quiet easy. Just use the map because the marker for the pc shows the direction were he is looking. I also already found out how to avoid the patrols: just keep your weapons holstered. The guards will just ignore you then.
But after returning the idol one has to free the brother of the chieftain. And that means you have to run with a M16, M60 or a AK47 - because the pistols are to weak - back to the big bridge.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by viperfdl
RAGE in a few minutes. If not, then Bulletstorm.
viperfdl: Navigating in the jungle is quiet easy. Just use the map because the marker for the pc shows the direction were he is looking. I also already found out how to avoid the patrols: just keep your weapons holstered. The guards will just ignore you then.
But after returning the idol one has to free the brother of the chieftain. And that means you have to run with a M16, M60 or a AK47 - because the pistols are to weak - back to the big bridge.
I see. I found the navigation extremely annoying because despite being perfectly able to find my way, I didn't have the slightest idea of where the plane crashed.
On the other hand, freeing the chieftain's brother can be much easier than it seems, if you snipe from the bushes. If you find the rifle, you can take them all down in a matter of seconds.
viperfdl: Navigating in the jungle is quiet easy. Just use the map because the marker for the pc shows the direction were he is looking. I also already found out how to avoid the patrols: just keep your weapons holstered. The guards will just ignore you then.
Enebias: I see. I found the navigation extremely annoying because despite being perfectly able to find my way, I didn't have the slightest idea of where the plane crashed.
On the other hand, freeing the chieftain's brother can be much easier than it seems, if you snipe from the bushes. If you find the rifle, you can take them all down in a matter of seconds.
Haven't found a rifle, yet. At least it isn't in one of the boxes were the ammunition and the other weapons can be found. Let's see if I can find it.
Finished Gothic 1, started Gothic 2. Gothic 1 is mostly linear but linear doesnt mean bad. It is a piece of art. World design is topnotch. Super atmosfer, wonderful story, addicting quests, good voice acting. Gothic 2 is said to be better. It seems to me also for now.
They don't make hitman games like that anymore.

Was trying to play Arma 2. It's as absolutely brilliant as it is frustrating, buggy and infuriating. Patching it might help. In one mission if one of your guys gets killed it's mission over. Your taking on a whole town and trying to blow up a tank with one friggin home made explosive. If the game actually correctly triggers you've completed the task.

It's so great it's hard to not want to keep playing it. Must have done one beach landing and got horribly killed about 300 times. It's f**king fun, but still.
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Borderlands.