It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had set aside Shadowrun Returns for Disciples 2, but after a few days I think I'm going to delete D2 and abandon it.

Love the art and basic design/strategy, but it's not much "fun." Even with just a few units and speed dialed up each turn, much less each mission, the overall effect is like running in mud. Doesn't help that, while you can carry over one hero to the next mission, most of your army starts all over at level 1, and you're right back to grinding xp from scratch.

I'd enjoyed playing it when it came out, but then back then I didn't have a dozen options at hand that I like a lot better.
I'm switching between Dragon's Crown, Terraria, and Guilty Gear Xrd at the moment.
I'll probably be checking out No One Lives Forever soon.
I'm waiting for Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria to come out.
Zestiria was going to be my big summer game, but it got pushed back from Q2.
Recently finished Shadowrun Returns, so now I'm getting into Shadowrun Dragonfall.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Xbox 360).

So far (at the final boss on Hard Mode) I'm pretty disappointed with it, and this is the "fixed" version instead of the bare bones original (from what I heard it was a complete mess). Looking at the changes (and comparing footage between versions) it really felt like they just slapped on enemies, weapons, and mechanics they made for Ninja Gaiden 2 just to try and cover up the original mess, and for whatever reason they didn't really make any real changes to the issues they originally had in Ninja Gaiden 2. Even with the stuff they added back, there's still no health items (only way to heal is to use save points, steel on bone, Ninpo, and a somewhat useful but impractical during certain scenes meditation), the shop is gone (and replaced with an upgrade system that uses Karma), it feels incredibly linear compared to the other games, most of the boss fights in the story mode are pretty bad, and the game isn't even that hard (only the boss fight encounters felt challenging, all other encounters didn't really seem that difficult overall). Some parts of this game felt fun (regular enemy encounters, Ayane chapters, and test of valor), but it kept reminding me of Ninja Gaiden 2, a game which honestly had more thought and effort put into it. So, there's that.
Lemma (demo). It's a Mirror's Edge clone in terms of gameplay (first person parkouring) with a unique setting.

Ignoring the story and setting (I haven't seen enough to speak on it) the gameplay is (in my opinion) much better than Mirror's Edge. The controls feel natural and there are a lot less buttons to press though you're doing the same moves as in Mirror's Edge, and the overall character movement itself is solid (no sliding on glass style movement).

Each area is linear but open, in the sense that there is an "exit" to each area but you're free to explore and there are things to discover if you do a bit of wandering.

Graphically it looks great, it uses voxels to make a blocky Minecraft-y world but with clean modern high quality textures to avoid resorting to a tired 8/16bit look. The world is fairly surreal and dreamlike, each area seems to be a filled with mounds of bricks creating walkways and walls, abandoned towers and ruins, all just hanging in the sky .

All in all I'm enjoying the demo and would like to pick up the full game sooner or later.
Brandish - The Dark Revenant
Moar NWN2.
My party is staring to become a rela threat, with my Wizard reaching level 10!
While the story proceeds very slowly, the writing and the figts are good. Yet, I encountered a few annoying (but minor) bugs: after he summons a familiar, all defensive spells will be somehow tageted to my Wizard until I leave the area or I use an offensive spell, with no ption to choose anyone else; sometimes, the party members suddenly stop following. This has nothing to do with the "turn off AI" button, and I have to issue a global order to let them move again; sometimes, a party member is swapped by my main character, teleporting to his or her position while moving without motive.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Enebias
im currently playing

transformers war for cybertron
blur
batman origins
to the moon
montague's mount
and resident evil 5
I'm in a bit of a non-game-playing rut, only sporadically playing Banished and Terraria. On the plus side, I am getting pretty damn good at Banished.

NoNewTaleToTell: Currently trying to get into Deus Ex GOTY but I'm finding it extremely difficult to feel comfortable with the controls, which is a shame since apparently this is the type of game that I would love. Apparently there is a Ps2 port of it, so I might track that down and give it a try.
I own the PS2 port (which was rather unnecessarily renamed Deus Ex: The Conspiracy), and it's pretty solid. Can't compare it to the PC version myself, as I've never played that one, but those that have tried both generally say that it's a pretty faithful port; unfortunately (for you), one of the few complaints many seemed to have about the console version was that the control scheme was awkward (and can't be customized). I imagine you've probably gotten used to the controls on the PC version (or stopped playing!) since you posted this, but even if you haven't, I'd still recommend sticking with it. After all, there's no modding the console version. ;)

NoNewTaleToTell: I haven't touched The Witcher in a day or two and am still in the first act/city/whatever, I got tired of ping pong-ing between two characters and I really do wish there was a way to meditate whenever you want, maybe there is but I just haven't found it yet.
Haven't really touched the game in months myself, but from what most people say, it starts to pick up a bit and get more engaging in about chapter 2 or 3 (I'm still in 2). Also, you can meditate at pretty much any outdoor campfire and many indoor fireplaces; certain NPCs you can talk to will allow you to do so as well.
Shadow of Mordor (PC). I'm having mixed feelings so far. I've run into the same captain 3 times (even though I clearly killed him twice, thanks Nemesis system), had very little trouble with getting through fights since the normal enemy encounters are a complete joke (the only encounters that matter are the captains and higher ups, and even then they didn't feel difficult), and the side missions are pretty "meh" overall. The game looks nice though.
Icewind Dale EE

On the plus side it runs better than the old version (GOG, that I played recently, no cutscenes and a poor framerate).

Some niggly things like +'d loot is indistinguishable from normal loot unless you mouse over, there is no blue border around +'d stuff after you ID it.

No character arbitration.

Back up characters are confined to 6, there was I think at least three times that in the original.

GFX are no major improvement tbh.

On saying that, it is a smoother experience imo than the older version.

Worth a buy? Yes, definitely.
An update on Dust: An Elysian Tail. I must be taking my sweet time, as Ive played 6 - 7 hours already and am still in chapter 2. I just unlocked my sliding ability, which is nice. So many places to explore now...

After my first hour or two I was wondering if the game was going to get repetitive and I stuck with it and Im glad I did. I like the Metroidvania gameplay a lot and of course the graphics are gorgeous. Great game and I believe I won the game in a giveaway here on GoG (I think, sorry to the person who donated if that's the case, might have bought it on sale). Either way, I would pay for it in a heartbeat.
Getting ready to play The Witcher 3 soon so I installed Windows 10 Preview on a partition(first time I've used windows on my computer in years), and well I decided while waiting to play some games I bought a few years back but never could play because well they just don't play easily in linux..

Saints Row: The Third
It feels like a poor mans version of GTA.. Which is nice because I didn't really like the story mission stuff in the GTA games. Though the steering on the cars doesn't feel quite right but that could be me..

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
I remember playing the 3rd Burnout back in the day, while it's still fun and runs good on my computer I can't say it's a improvement over that game.

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Playing the full game trial on steam now, I like it; been playing the first SF4 for a while now so all the added characters is nice :) Also runs like a champ on computer at high.. I never knew my computer had it in it, glorious 60+ fps :*)

Supreme Commander 1
Pretty good RTS though I don't know if I like the zoomed out-ness of the gameplay over long duration.. Units also take forever to move, which is taking some time to get used to.

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
Got about 10 missions to go, I like the missions though I wish I could fight more protoss so far.. And while WoL had Protross missions to mix things up the best thing this has is the *slightly* (IMO) boring evolution missions..

Rise of the Triad (2013)
I've been waiting so long to play this game on my computer.. and now I finally have! :D Really like it, though the rockets always damage my character.. which is annoying after the hundredth time.

BTW: For a Windows OS it (windows 10) wasn't too bad.. The start menu needs some work but that's my biggest complaint.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by comradegarry
^saints row 3 is a more batshit insane version of gta
dont expect anything remotely serious about this game

saints row 4 cranks the insanity up to 11
snowkatt: ^saints row 3 is a more batshit insane version of gta
dont expect anything remotely serious about this game

saints row 4 cranks the insanity up to 11
Yeah I know and that's whats good about it :)