It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yakuza 3... Awesome!!
FINALLY fired up The Witcher again!

I *did* decide to jump right into my previous old save - no issues! I was surprised how quickly I was able to get back into it - actually had a ton of fun with the game last night.

Can't believe I shelved it the first time around. I'm pretty sure I started it and then *something* was released that I was looking forward to (can't remember what though LOL).

I *will* have to go back and check out character upgrades though - make sure I understand that before dropping points / titles into them.

Does anyone remember if the inflicted status effects / damage increase work ONLY for the "hit" they're after in the skill tree?

For example, if you upgrade to both the First and Second "rank" of, say "Strong Steel Style" it looks like there are areas after First Rank / Attack where you can put points. And areas after Second Rank where you put points. And so on.

I can't tell yet (I haven't assigned) but if I put a point into something that looks like it's after Second Rank, does that mean it ONLY works with my second attack / hit in a combat chain? Or does it work with EVERY hit with my Strong Steel Style, and I just needed to unlock Second Rank / Second Combo Hit to be able to access that particular trait / status effect / damage increase.
After finished Ultima 4, I begun Ultima 5 for the first playing.
I realized this game was even difficult than the predecessor. There are a lot of possibility of poison damage.so making a lot of AN NOX spells is necessity. I had to only use my money to perchance magic ingredients of AN NOX spell and foods.
In Ultima 4 the dungeons were gold mines but in Ultima 5 I could not find any dungeons. so I had always been lack of money.
I finally purchased a mini ship. I could not go deep oceans with it but nevertheless I use it to explore the world for a while.

Also I'm playing For the Glory with AGCEEP mod as France in 15 century.
In the 100 years war, my French helped by Jeanne d'Arc expelled the English from the continent.
After that, decisive victory over Spain I got north Spain and north Italy.
In 16 century, my France was in the religious civil war and fighting a lot of the Huguenot rebels almost the kingdom was broken, but after recovered it France army landing on the Britain isle and conquered almost all England provinces! Also French colonists colonized many north America including Manhattan area. the English only has 3 or 4 provinces in the new world.lol.
Now In 17 century and I wonder what will be the next victim? Perhaps invading south Spain? Already my French was the no.1 nation in the world, so I feel a bit boring in the rest of the game.
Post edited November 05, 2016 by yoshino
yoshino: In Ultima 4 the dungeons were gold mines but in Ultima 5 I could not find any dungeons. so I had always been lack of money.
In Ultima 5, I remember getting lots of items to sell from combat, and lots of valuable items to sell from chests in Lord British's castle. (Of course, there's the issue of losing Karma, which will cause you to lose more XP when you die.)

yoshino: I finally purchased a mini ship. I could not go deep oceans with it but nevertheless I use it to explore the world for a while.
Actually, IIRC, if you don't mind taking damage you *can* go into deep oceans with the mini shop, as well as with a certain other vehicle. Just remember to watch your HP and have some healing spells handy (the stronger one that can't be used in combat is useful here).
Post edited November 05, 2016 by dtgreene
dtgreene: In Ultima 5, I remember getting lots of items to sell from combat, and lots of valuable items to sell from chests in Lord British's castle. (Of course, there's the issue of losing Karma, which will cause you to lose more XP when you die.)
Yeah. I go back and forth in the bridge near the Britannia castle. in the bridge sometimes bridge trolls attacked me, which sometimes have treasure chests when killed. that is the only way to make money for now. sometimes treasure chests have poison traps though.
Also, as an avatar I don't want to steal Lord British's chests. :D

dtgreene: Actually, IIRC, if you don't mind taking damage you *can* go into deep oceans with the mini shop, as well as with a certain other vehicle. Just remember to watch your HP and have some healing spells handy (the stronger one that can't be used in combat is useful here).
Making the stronger healing spell requires Mandrake root which I can't afford to buy now. so my next objective is purchasing a frigate for 700 gp or taking it from random pirates.
Post edited November 05, 2016 by yoshino
yoshino: Making the stronger healing spell requires Mandrake root which I can't afford to buy now.
I believe you can still get Mandrake Root for free in the same place you got it in Ultima 4. (Same with Nightshade.)
Vermintide has a free Steam weekend and is made by Swedish devs, so I decided to check it out. Not really my type of game, but that's more because I wanted a solo adventure (the Steam store page says "Singleplayer"). I don't do MP or co-op.

The classes seem to offer plenty of variety and there is lots of loot variety and different ways to get loot and customize your character. The general gameplay feels solid, but I only played as the Imperial soldier with a hammer and blunderbuss and didn't devote enough time to do advanced stuff. A quick look was all I needed and while it's still interesting, I'll only pick it up after I'm out of solo adventures, which isn't happening any time soon.
Bastion. I think I'm in the minority but I don't thing the narration in this game is great. It's nice and bit unusual but nothing special and certainly doesn't make the game any more enjoyable for me. The game is okayish in my book.
Starbound

The new "tutorial" helps A LOT, and I think they sped up the builder thing since the In Dev period. Makes the game much more pleasant.
Guess I caught The Witcher 3 bug. I only meant to play like an hour or two last night... *8-9 hours later* Whoops! I'm wondering if I'm spending way too much time chasing down bands of pirates, highwaymen, and monsters. Gotta kill 'em all! ;) Speaking of which, some of those defeat-dismemberments are pretty damn gruesome. Witcher power! Anyway, I guess I just like the idea of helping out the local yokels. I love (motor-)sailing on stormy nights. It's a very pretty game alright, though I do wonder how half the forests don't snap with the constant high winds. Heh. Yup, I'm having a good time. Only 16 hours in so far.

All of this is running buttery smooth on Ultra settings on 1080P. :) I tried the hairworks feature, but I found it more distracting than appealing so I turned it off again. *shrug*
Post edited November 06, 2016 by mistermumbles
Currently playing Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition and a game or two of DOTA 2( bought the Fall Battlepass).
I just finished For the Glory as France play. I conquered almost all England and Spain in the 17 century and vassal and allied the Netherlands.
In the rest game I colonized Canada and east coasts in the new world, but in the American revolution I lost the east coast but New york (in my game it is called Nouvel Paris. lol) and north provinces ware still remind. In the revolution my France armies fighting hard to put down the rebels popping up everywhere. Then the game end in 1819, my France was obviously the no.1 nation(no2 was Portugal, no3 was Austria).
I feel France is too easy nation for the player except the two civil wars events fighting rebels, so in the next play I will choice more minor nation. perhaps Manchu tribe or India nations.

Also my Ultima 5 adventure my Avatar finally got a frigate from a random pirate roaming the Britannia bay.
I sail the central and south-east sea area where I don't want to travel with my mini boat.
I found the evil boss Blackthorn's castle, I entered it and soon I was captured by the guards and SPOILER experienced a tragic event, so re-load the saved game before entering the castle and sail the east.
Now I'm in the Avatar Island. I am exploring the central of the Island but there are a lot of monsters to fighting.
Post edited November 07, 2016 by yoshino
Well well.

"J.U.L.I.A." is unexpectedly awesome. Combines a surprising amount of elements I love from modern point-and-clicks. A hotspot-reveal-button (although I don't use it much), a guess-the-passwords-to-type-them investigation, a holmes/ABC-like reconstruct-the-story vignette puzzle, an omg-wtf-happened-in-this-station investigation plot, well integrated minipuzzles, and cool space graphics with awesome neo-scifi music à la homeworld/bsg.

I happy.
I have decided no more games until I finish with my old ones. Which is quite painful during the fall sale, but presumably when I bought all those earlier games I did intend to play them at some point...42 remaining.

Just finished Wizardry 7, so I'm in the mood for something a bit fast paced (with under 100hrs game time). Right now that's - Last Door Season 2; Walking Dead Season 1; Wing Commander 1. Just finished Tyrian 2000.

Dragonsphere and Simon the Sorcerer II are looking pretty good after that, then it's back into the RPG fray with Torment.
Just beat Geneforge 1 as a shaper.
Overall, I played as a true shaper, my creations were expendable & fantastic at that role.

Awakened faction had the happiest ending, and I got the Singularity secret third ending.
Killed the other shaper G., found out the secret history of Sucia island, tricked T, into using the damaged gloves, used then destroyed the geneforge. Sometime between those tasks, I joined the Takers & then killed their leader/town to give the other factions breathing room.