It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Wizardry Gaiden 4 (Super Famicom). I am finding this to be quite an enjoyable game so far, and it feels competently designed. With that said, I think Dracon breath might be a *little* too powerful, but then again, I also noticed that in Elminage Gothic.

I did try Wizardry Summoner (GBA), but that game was just not that good. The game gave you too little experience (<30 when you need ~1000 to gain the first level) and constantly threw encounters with large numbers of enemies at you. Even worse is that, relatively early in the game, the game throws enemies that can cast Nuclear Blast (game uses Wizardry 6-7 spell names, but the actual spells are mostly Wizardry 1-3 spells) at you, which is not fair.
What about the Wizardry on the psn, that "Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls"? Got a chance to play it?
wolfsrain: Battle Academy (getting my arse kicked)
Be my guest, pal. Now that's a tough one!
Post edited May 19, 2016 by vicklemos
wolfsrain: Fallout New Vegas
Replaying Skyrim (being stupid and a masochist and trying to get all the achievemnts)
omega64: I have all of them except one.
Need to kill a certain type of dragon that appears after level whatever+ couldn't be bothered to grind.

I've put so many hours into Fallout New Vegas.
Way too many. :l
You mean the friggin legendary dragon...Yeah...Not grinding for it, but i do get the feeling that at some point i will meet the bastard and kill it.

I still have to get into the main story line and after many secondaries/repeatable i am barely around level 50 something. I am close to finish the Thieves Guild's consolidation quests (the ones that you get after you finish their story line), i have yet to complete the Fighter's Guild story line, did not start the the Brotherhood's quests(i still miss Morag Tong from Morrowind, as that guild was more interesting as lore stands than the Dark Brotherhood), to finish the daedric quests (missing a few and those missing i will have to repeat in the way that i like, the first go being for the daedric items achievements) and to choose a side in the civil war (will go with the Legion, as the Stormcloack's leader is an even bigger arse than the Legion's leader, plus my character is an Imperial, so i will side with my dudes:)). And, yeah, have to complete the DLC's, too... Like i said...not grinding, but i have places to go, people to kill..errr, meet.

Good times...
wolfsrain: You mean the friggin legendary dragon...Yeah...Not grinding for it, but i do get the feeling that at some point i will meet the bastard and kill it.
Yeah, I just completed Skyrim while listening to podcasts. xD
Didn't really like the game enough to get to a high level as a lot of the content felt like filler.
There were some very interesting parts though.
Apocrypha for example.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by omega64
Lords of Xulima

I really like the graphical presentation and the skill system. The food system is a bit annoying, but the rest is fine, despite the fact that my heroes really often miss the enemies. :-)
dtgreene: Wizardry Gaiden 4 (Super Famicom). I am finding this to be quite an enjoyable game so far, and it feels competently designed. With that said, I think Dracon breath might be a *little* too powerful, but then again, I also noticed that in Elminage Gothic.

I did try Wizardry Summoner (GBA), but that game was just not that good. The game gave you too little experience (<30 when you need ~1000 to gain the first level) and constantly threw encounters with large numbers of enemies at you. Even worse is that, relatively early in the game, the game throws enemies that can cast Nuclear Blast (game uses Wizardry 6-7 spell names, but the actual spells are mostly Wizardry 1-3 spells) at you, which is not fair.
vicklemos: What about the Wizardry on the psn, that "Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls"? Got a chance to play it?
I don't have any system with PSN access, and I refuse to get one because of DRM, so I haven't tried that particular Wizardry.

Have you played Elminage Gothic? It's a good game that is very much like classic Wizardry, and you can get it DRM-free from this very site. (Now if only we would get Wizardry 1-5 here.)

I wonder if the PC version of Elminage Original will ever get an official English release. (Such a version exists, but is in Japanese.)

Incidentally, it appears that in Wizardry Gaiden 4, you can "brute force" yourself past many of the game's events by either;
a. Unlocking a gate with a thief or thief hybrid. Normally you need to find a key or similar, but you can often just pick the lock and bypass it.
b. Attacking an NPC. Yes, the game has of NPCs that you can interact with, just like Wizardry 5-8. NPC in your way? Just kill the NPC and you can get back. (There is probably a non-violent solution, however.)

Incidentally, I obtained a "Seclet Letter". I suppose that happens when the Japanese put bits of English in their games. (The game allows you to change item/enemy names into English, but of course the translation isn't perfect; another example is "Tonfer" instead of "Tonfa".)
dtgreene: Have you played Elminage Gothic?
I surely have and didn't play it thorouglhy but can definitely say that the publisher's doin' a great job bringing these to the west. Thanks for the info on those wizardry sufami games ;)
yeah I am totally addicted to brand new game called Blobbels on google play store , worse than flappy birds!! think its only out on android just now
Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Dark Souls III
Maxvorstadt: Lords of Xulima

I really like the graphical presentation and the skill system. The food system is a bit annoying, but the rest is fine, despite the fact that my heroes really often miss the enemies. :-)
That game has eaten up so many hours of my time, I stuck with it till the end and it has a good story. The food system can be a bit annoying at first, but you'll get used to it.

As for me:

Strife

This game is a true gem of 1996. Always played it up to a certain point as a kid but never managed to get this far since I was young and started new games (while abandoning the old) every week. So glad I can appreciate it better now.
Instead of LOX I played Sacred. Another Battle Mage run, I like him! Flameskin FTW! :-)
DCSS again. My 13th-level minotaur berserker just got killed by getting trapped between a trio of elephants and a yak while in a tight space. Once again, I waited too long to activate a teleport, and died waiting for it to take effect. X)
dtgreene: Have you played Elminage Gothic?
vicklemos: I surely have and didn't play it thorouglhy but can definitely say that the publisher's doin' a great job bringing these to the west. Thanks for the info on those wizardry sufami games ;)
I've posted a couple topics on the Wizardry series subforum where I mention those games. Maybe you should check them out?

(Also, what does "sufami" mean?)

Maxvorstadt: Lords of Xulima

Ganni1987: That game has eaten up so many hours of my time, I stuck with it till the end and it has a good story. The food system can be a bit annoying at first, but you'll get used to it.
Interestingly enough, when I played that game, my observations were a bit different:

I like having the food system as a limit on resting. On the other hand, I think food shouldn't have gone down just by walking.

The skill system, on the other hand, I dislike. The existence of the Learning skill encourages a playstyle I don't find to be fun (and which I don't think the developers really intended), with Knowledge of Herbs having a similar issue. Also, the fact that you could only spend skill points at level up and only raise a given skill 1 point per level is another aspect I don't like. (The biggest problem with skill point systems is that it requires you to make a large number of permanent decisions; the one point per level rule only makes it worse.)

I also don't like the fact that enemy respawns are finite.
Post edited May 22, 2016 by dtgreene
Salt and Sanctuary. It's like Dark Souls and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night had a baby.

EDIT: added URL
Post edited May 22, 2016 by paladin181
Brutal doom and witcher 1.Trying to figure out what to buy next Doom 4 or Witcher 3.
So much for playing more Witcher 3. Brutal Doom's got its fangs firmly lodged in my gaming time right now. I suppose I will return to Velen after that.
Noblica89: Brutal doom and witcher 1.Trying to figure out what to buy next Doom 4 or Witcher 3.
Wait, what? Are you actually going to skip over Witcher 2?
Post edited May 22, 2016 by mistermumbles