It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Decision: Medieval
Mount & Blade
Majesty Gold HD
WRC 5 on the PS4, a new rally game based on the real-life WRC competition.
I'm really enjoying the game, its got minor graphical issues but otherwise plays really well.

Starpoint Gemini, got it a few days ago on Gamersgate. Its somewhat rough around the edges but still great fun.

Star Ruler 2, even though I've played it for 10+ hours it feels as if I'm still learning the game. Not finding enough low-level resources easily puts an end to each game session.

The Spatials, a cool and quite casual strategy game, repetitive but still fun.

Age of Wonder another playthough, I'm amazed at how accessible the game is..yet how still offers a tonne of challenge.

Stock Car 2012, felt like playing this again, a true hidden gem that deserves more recognition.
Euro Truck Simulator 2, been playing this for years now, the game never actually ends.
Europa Universalis 3. Oh, wait, no I'm not. I'm reading the manual of EU3. Will be playing after having read through it though. xD
RTFM ;-)
Right now only Risen 3: Titan Lords.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Very interesting FPS game but unfortunately it's short even with its extras and collectibles features.
Human Resource Machine

Not the GOG version, since I preordered two items (one for me, one as a gift for my brother) directly from the dev, when I heard about the game.

Made an interesting discovery: We (my brother and I) are both two hours in now - only he is at year 25 now, where I am just at year 15.

Guess, that's the difference between being a programmer (him) and an absolute noob at programming (me).

;o)
After Gemini Rue I wanted something action-focused so I choose to replay S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

As much as I love the series I never been able to make it through SoC, so there is many new things to see. This time I try to do this on the hardest difficulty. I miss polish lector, but actually english dubbing mixed with original russian voices (ukrainian? I don't really know) works pretty well.
Pillars of Eternity

Crusader Kings 2

Both of which could keep me entertained for the next 3 months if I let them.
I already mentioned TES: Arena in the "games quit" thread, yet I've still given it another chance. Now my interest raised a tiny bit when some NPC _finally_ had some info on that Fang Lair (or what was it called) whereabouts, and now I already got a quest from some royal, for which she is supposed to tell me where that Lair is.

Finally the game seems to have some target to point to, other than wandering around aimlessly in a boring world.

I still kinda hate the combat engine for the game. It just sucks very bad, period. I've found the best (and sometimes only) way to fight powerful enemies is to stand near a narrow chasm so that the enemy will remain on the other side. Then get just so close to the enemy that you can reach it with your melee weapon (or use ranged spells) but it will not reach you. That way you can kill pretty much any melee enemy with a mere dagger.

The FedEx subquests you get in towns etc. seem quite useless. You get gold and experience much faster by going to the dungeons in the wilderness to fight respawning enemies, and selling the loot in the cities. Like that Elven Broadsword of Paralyzation I found, I got something like 7550 gold for it, which was far over what I had amassed by then. (My mage can't use broadswords so there was no reason not to sell it, I presume).
Post edited October 19, 2015 by timppu
Ganni1987: Tomb Raider (1996), I'm at about halfway through and will probably finish it by tonight or tomorrow.
What the heck? I always wonder how many seem to be so fast gamers compared to me.

When I was on my second playthrough for that same game, it took me weeks to get to where I'm now (probably 80-90% done or so). Then again I did try to find all secrets, but I am using youtube walkthroughs to help there. The secrets in TR are not generally that important, they give only some extra health packs and ammo, I seem to have lots of those already.

Some of the latter levels are quite time-consuming IMHO, lots of backtracking and precise jumping back and forth. The early levels were faster and simpler, IIIRC.
Bloodborne and Super Meat Boy (PS4 version).

I'm liking Bloodborne so far. It feels more action oriented than the Soul series (although there are moments were you need to go slow and steady), and despite drops in performance in certain places it looks amazing.

The new music they added to Super Meat Boy is pretty mediocre, but other than that it plays the exact same. I'll probably go for the Golden God achievement some time later.
timppu: What the heck? I always wonder how many seem to be so fast gamers compared to me.

When I was on my second playthrough for that same game, it took me weeks to get to where I'm now (probably 80-90% done or so). Then again I did try to find all secrets, but I am using youtube walkthroughs to help there. The secrets in TR are not generally that important, they give only some extra health packs and ammo, I seem to have lots of those already.

Some of the latter levels are quite time-consuming IMHO, lots of backtracking and precise jumping back and forth. The early levels were faster and simpler, IIIRC.
Yeah, when I played through it (for the first time) a little while back, I think it took me a couple of weeks, mostly because I would play through one level and then take a break from it for the day, come back the next morning or evening and play another level...I enjoyed it but wasn't in any sort of rush.

I tend to be a slow player, too, because I like to admire scenery and generally putter around the environment as I go along.
Age of Decadance
It doesn't look great and camera works terrible. It could be better. But, my God, the setting is amazing! So far - I'm really enjoying creating new character over and over again ;)
Ok, so I am still playing The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Still hunting down my first artifact (Ring of Warlock or somesuch), and the first piece of The Staff that is the main quest of the game. Let's see if I have enough patience to play the game to the end, or feel I've seen enough after getting the first quest items.

Anyway, just as my mage got to level 10, only now I realized that the game apparently draws during a level up how many skill points you get (to divide into different skills). I don't know how much it can be, but at least sometimes it can be as low as 3 points, and sometimes 6 points.

God damn it. If I had realized this in the beginning, naturally I would have saved and reloaded before each level-up, just in order to maximize the number of received skill points. I did that now for the 10th level up. Yep, at first i got only 3 points, so i reloaded the game just before the enemy encounter before the level up. Replayed that a few times, and finally got 6 points.

I hate shit like that in RPGs, where it makes sense to savescum so that you don't receive a handicap. Why can't the game simply give you 6 extra skill points at each level up, and that's that? The variance doesn't really add anything interesting to the game, it is merely a nuisance. Is this the same with the rest of the TES games (from Daggerfall to Skyrim), just so that I know to be prepared with savescumming?

Oh well, I guess I need to find that other artifact which is supposed to grant me 50 free skill points permanently...
Post edited October 23, 2015 by timppu