It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tiamat - Prey
I'm supposed to be listening to peaceful classical music, damnit. :P
B0SC0: I dunno man... This is pretty delicious

HEALTH - TEARS
omega64: I really liked the airport scene in MP3 due to that song.
Never played any of the games, but this soundtrack and the images I've seen of the previous games has made me want to. Might see if I can pick up the older games for the PS2
B0SC0: Never played any of the games, but this soundtrack and the images I've seen of the previous games has made me want to. Might see if I can pick up the older games for the PS2
The tracks Combat Drugs and Painkiller are also some of my favorites on that soundtrack. Brilliant game.
B0SC0: Never played any of the games, but this soundtrack and the images I've seen of the previous games has made me want to. Might see if I can pick up the older games for the PS2
Wouldn't know about the first 2, would definitely recommend the third though if you can handle constant cutscenes. :P
omega64: constant cutscenes. :P
Provided it's not Tomb Raider-esque, I'll be fine. First instance where I've turned off a game due to it making me feel that I was ruining the fun -.-
omega64: constant cutscenes. :P
B0SC0: Provided it's not Tomb Raider-esque, I'll be fine. First instance where I've turned off a game due to it making me feel that I was ruining the fun -.-
Define Tomb Raider-esque. :P

MP3 has moments where you shoot 3 people and it's on to the next cutscene.
Some of them are unskippable and give no indication aside from "still loading" when you try to skip.

At least it's not Metal Gear Solid 4?
I've played all the Max Payne's, they are pretty standard third person shooters with slow motion bullet time like the matrix, I'd recommend a mouse and keyboard. They also have some fine Nior style and storytelling. Max Payne 3 is quite something with it's dynamic animation I thought.
omega64: Define Tomb Raider-esque. :P

MP3 has moments where you shoot 3 people and it's on to the next cutscene.
Some of them are unskippable and give no indication aside from "still loading" when you try to skip.

At least it's not Metal Gear Solid 4?
QTEs left, right and centre, use once and never use again mechanics, cutscenes and directed camera intercuts with gameplay...

I got 2 hours in and just dropped it

bad_fur_day1:
How are the PC versions compared to console... worth a look or terrible ports?
Post edited May 10, 2016 by B0SC0
B0SC0: How are the PC versions compared to console... worth a look or terrible ports?
PC is it's native platform I think, which is why I think it's probably best to play Max Payne's on PC. The PS2 game is the port I think, lowered graphics to run on PS2, console controller rather than full mouse look. If I'm not mistaken it came out after the PC version. Max Payne 3 is also an excellent PC version. (If you can actually get it to run through the DRM and rockstar social club.)

The first two are made by Remedy, the third is a Rockstar game. Max Payne is kind of a staple of action PC gaming, probably one of the first examples to use slowing down time as a mechanic in shootouts. Numerous mods to turn Max into Neo from the matrix.
Post edited May 10, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Fairuz and Rahbani Brothers - Mais El Reem
B0SC0: QTEs left, right and centre, use once and never use again mechanics, cutscenes and directed camera intercuts with gameplay...

I got 2 hours in and just dropped it

How are the PC versions compared to console... worth a look or terrible ports?
The PC versions are okay, not amazing but they're fine.

Well, you won't have the QTE problem with MP3, there are a lot of cutscenes but it's pretty clear when you're in one as they use a LOT of filters. :P
omega64: The PC versions are okay, not amazing but they're fine.

Well, you won't have the QTE problem with MP3, there are a lot of cutscenes but it's pretty clear when you're in one as they use a LOT of filters. :P
Filter-Galore :D. Sounds like a must-play, so I'll add it to... the list :D. Thanks for the reommendations guys!

Afrojack & Laidback Luke - Move To The Sound (ft. Hawkboy)
Descendents - Milo Goes to College
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JytO0DFxzis
Nine Inch Nails - Quake

There's normal music, and there's Trent Reznor. I could recognize his deliberate compositions from a million tracks. One of a kind he is.

Hats off to Trent day. A minute of self destruction please.