It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off Quest for Infamy, Gone Home, Never Alone, Lumino City, and more!

Videogame storytelling is in a way similar to flirting techniques: others believe in chatting their audience up and others prefer driving the message across with meaningful visual cues and creative use of sound. Are you an advocate of the "show, don't tell" approach or do you enjoy the mental imagery invoked by carefully arranged words? Whichever your predilection, here you will find games that cater to both appetites, standing <span class="bold">Words Apart</span> from each other but converging at the same destination: a captivating narrative.

An exercise in subtle expressiveness and emotional storytelling, Never Alone is a puzzle/platformer centered around the unusual friendship between a Native alaskan girl and a fox, as they struggle to survive a fierce, never-ending snowstorm.

Gone Home's protagonist may not say much but the game's story is told using other people's words. Either through newspaper clippings, confidential correspondence, or diary entries, you gradually uncover a bittersweet tale of forbidden love and dark family secrets.

The astonishing paper-craft visuals and melodic soundtrack of Lumino City are the perfect complements to its limited text. After all, one doesn't need too many distractions when experimenting with smart, tactile puzzles.

Whether you like your games chatty like Quest for Infamy and The Curious Expedition, or laconic like Samorost 2 and Among the Sleep, you will find something that speaks to you inside <span class="bold">Words Apart</span>. And if you are one of those people who only talk in numbers, there are even some pretty nice discount tags here, going up to 80% off. Now that's a story worth telling!
The promo will last until April 1, 10:59 AM GMT.
high rated
Yezemin: Why is a SOMA pic the sale background when there's no SOMA in the sale?
It is an honest mistake, which sneaked past the Easter holidays' skeleton crew. No false advertising intended, I assure you.

Think of it as an...Easter egg.

I'll get my coat.
Yezemin: Why is a SOMA pic the sale background when there's no SOMA in the sale?
maladr0Id: It is an honest mistake, which sneaked past the Easter holidays' skeleton crew. No false advertising intended, I assure you.

I'll get my coat.
It's okay, I was just confused.
Oh good, I was bummed Lumino CIty wasn't in Insomnia, I was hoping to get it for just about this price. Bought!
amund: Gone Home and Lumino City are some great adventures.
phaolo: Gone Home a great adventure? Come on..
Graphic and sound are nice, but.. that's all.
I liked it a lot, was very interesting to explore and read the notes about someone's life.
phaolo: Gone Home a great adventure? Come on..
Graphic and sound are nice, but.. that's all.
amund: I liked it a lot, was very interesting to explore and read the notes about someone's life.
Those are nice too, but they only bring to an obvious and quite underwhelming "plot twist".
Also, no big puzzles, no struggle, no way to lose.
GH can be relaxing to try, but it isn't exactly an adventure or even a normal game.
Anyway, amen.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by phaolo
maladr0Id: It is an honest mistake, which sneaked past the Easter holidays' skeleton crew. No false advertising intended, I assure you.

I'll get my coat.
Don't worry, SOMA mistakes can happen.
Pass me my coat too, please.
Why is there Lumino City, but no Lume? Will Lume ever come here? 「(゚<゚)゙??
amund: I liked it a lot, was very interesting to explore and read the notes about someone's life.
phaolo: Those are nice too, but they only bring to an obvious and quite underwhelming "plot twist".
Also, no big puzzles, no struggle, no way to lose.
GH can be relaxing to try, but it isn't exactly an adventure or even a normal game.
Anyway, amen.
I'm guessing it comes to what one expect or want from an adventure game. I'm only interested in the story so puzzles gets annoying most of the time and interrupts the flow in the story-telling and that's why I really enjoy Telltale games.

I'll get my coat.
Of course.
I believe that. And the bonus-game-function of the insomnia sale was just "buggy". And that you are just a few people.
How is that Lumino City? Does it have windowed mode?
OOTT already part of a sale? thats fast
it was released on jan 26 (9.19 euros)
i got it , 2 months ago

nice sales though , and if you own some of the games or you'd buy the bundle , OOTT it will only cost you 1.79 euros, thats a steal.

items you dont own:

Gone Home
Curious Expedition, The (w.i.p)
Lumino City
Never Alone Arctic Collection
Among the Sleep

But if you dont have any of these games yet , then buying them would give you some good games at a very good price.
gamesfreak64: OOTT already part of a sale? thats fast
it was released on jan 26 (9.19 euros)
i got it , 2 months ago

nice sales though , and if you own some of the games or you'd buy the bundle , OOTT it will only cost you 1.79 euros, thats a steal.

items you dont own:

Gone Home
Curious Expedition, The (w.i.p)
Lumino City
Never Alone Arctic Collection
Among the Sleep

But if you dont have any of these games yet , then buying them would give you some good games at a very good price.
I think I don't get what you mean, it isn't a stacking sale, is it?
I bought Quest for Infamy.

But with so many games in my backlog, I'll play it in 2017, at minimum...
Am sure I saw the first Samorost here, but now I can't find it.
I like the theme for this collection. Nice write-up. I've historically liked text-heavy games, but I'm coming to appreciate the ways used in mostly or entirely text-free games to tell a story.

I might have bought Never Alone if I hadn't just picked it up during the Insomnia sale.