It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off FPS classics: Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal Tournament 2004, SiN Gold, Aliens vs. Predator 2000 and more!

This week's Weekly Staff Picks: Silver Bullets highlight some of the biggest, baddest first person shooters ever made - at discounts up to 80% off. That's Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal Tournament 2004, Aliens vs. Predator 2000, SiN Gold and Shogo! If you missed our Rise of the Triad giveaway, no worries - it's now 80% off for the remainder of this entire bloody affair. This is as good a time to get in on the fun, as we anticipate a big, important Rise of the Triad (2013) technical update! Soon, you'll be facing off against your Steam buddies on equal terms and equal footing.

The Silver Bullets promo will last until Thursday, March 19, at 3:59 PM GMT.

*Thanks everyone! We're all out of free copies of Rise of the Triad. However, you can now get it at 80% off in the Silver Bullets promo!
ElTerprise: Any opinions on Shogo? It's the only game in the promo i don't own.
opticq: Only ones I own are AVP and ROTT, so I'm not sure.

Have you played SIN? It looks interesting
I have it but it is still unplayed. Contrary to the Steam version it is unedited if these information are still correct.

Edit: Damn i really messed up the link.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by ElTerprise
Monolith game. Overshadowed by Half-Life, just like SiN was. As all Monolith games, pretty solid in about, well, all areas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/1998/11/07/shogo-mobile-armor-division

Did not age that well, as most of the 3D games from that time:

http://www.techspot.com/old-articles/reviews/games/shogo/shogo1.jpg

Still, for that price...
wolfsrain: Monolith game. Overshadowed by Half-Life, just like SiN was. As all Monolith games, pretty solid in about, well, all areas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/1998/11/07/shogo-mobile-armor-division

Did not age that well, as most of the 3D games from that time:

http://www.techspot.com/old-articles/reviews/games/shogo/shogo1.jpg

Still, for that price...
Sounds good. And as you said for that price... Thank you.
Frankly it was highly disappointing to me. It's kinda meh in every possible way. Uninteresting level design, enemies and weapons - at least as far as I've played it (I guess half-way in, maybe more). Also the parts where you control a mecha are quite disappointing. You may kinda enjoy it if you really liked Blood 2, though.
So how long did the 30k last?
high rated
Woofy: Might need to change that "everybody gets a free game". Oh well, I can live without the free game.
No you can't. PM'd.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: Frankly it was highly disappointing to me. It's kinda meh in every possible way. Uninteresting level design, enemies and weapons - at least as far as I've played it (I guess half-way in, maybe more). Also the parts where you control a mecha are quite disappointing. You may kinda enjoy it if you really liked Blood 2, though.
Okay. I now two diverse opinions. Thank you as well. I'll think about it.

I haven't played Blood 2 (or any Blood) what's about it?

Woofy: Might need to change that "everybody gets a free game". Oh well, I can live without the free game.
F4LL0UT: No you can't. PM'd.
And a +1 for that.
Everyone? You Keep Using That Word...
ElTerprise: I haven't played Blood 2 (or any Blood) what's about it?
Sadly they aren't covered by the current promo but they are pretty awesome IMO. Especially the first one is quite a classic with it's insanely dark and unique style. It's kinda weird west and horror with a lot of sick black humor thrown in.

The second one has received a lot of hate because of its change in style (a more modern and largely urban setting) but I think it's still pretty great. Not as great as the original but quite a solid, fun and very gory shooter. But it's certainly not as good as Half-Life or Unreal.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by F4LL0UT
I have an email with giftcode but I see that game is already on my shelf and serial numbers are different. So what's going on, did I get two copies of RotT?
ElTerprise: I haven't played Blood 2 (or any Blood) what's about it?
F4LL0UT: Sadly they aren't covered by the current promo but they are pretty awesome IMO. Especially the first one is quite a classic with it's insanely dark and unique style. It's kinda weird west and horror with a lot of sick black humor thrown in.

The second one has received a lot of hate because of its change in style but I think it's still pretty great. Not as great as the original but quite a solid, fun and very gory shooter. But it's certainly not as good as Half-Life or Unreal.
Thanks :). Funny thing: I just saw both games in my library. Must have picked them up in an earlier promo. I lost track of my library after the insomnia. Downloading the first right now.

Still so many good old games to play...i need 48 hours per day :).
meelten: I have an email with giftcode but I see that game is already on my shelf and serial numbers are different. So what's going on, did I get two copies of RotT?
No. There is a gift tab in your account. The giftcode should be there.
meelten: I have an email with giftcode but I see that game is already on my shelf and serial numbers are different. So what's going on, did I get two copies of RotT?
You are not alone 2.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_staff_picks_silver_bullets_68bc0/post287
And of course I missed the Rise of the Triad giveaway today. :(
Someone mentioned that the serial number is for online play.
BKGaming: And of course I missed the Rise of the Triad giveaway today. :(
I'm sure someone is going to gift you a copy in a minute. Sadly I already gave mine away.