It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Appease the bloodthirsty gods, become a well-loved dictator, or get your radioactive scares on

Ready to try your hand at Blackjack? No no no, put those lucky charms away, you intrepid gamblers! Scoring a cool game in our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 21</span> is not a matter of luck, it's only down to preference. Just grab yourselves a refreshment and let's see what the deal is with those hot new deals.
Care to cut?

Their incredibly detailed brutality is only matched by the fierceness of the menacing monsters they face. If you want your Vikings - Wolves of Midgard to cut them down, you must make sure you have the favor of the cruel Norse Gods or perhaps the help of a fellow berserker at your side.

Being a dictator can be a pretty thankless job but once your loyal subjects realize all the hard word you've been putting in to make sure their Tropico paradise stays untouched by foreign superpowers, they are bound to love you. If they know what's good for them, anyway.

But that's not nearly all of them. There are plenty more, including S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Deadly Premonition Director's Cut, Port Royale, and Heroes of Annihilated Empires, among others!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 21</span> will last until July 10, 4PM UTC.
Off to the forum we go.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Melvinica
As far as I can see this sale comes with the best discounts for Cossacks 3, Urban Empire and Vikings - Wolves of Midgard on GOG so far. Unfortunately they all miss a Linux version.

And again no word about updates on Friday. So GOG finally switched to complete weekly sales with all offers lasting from Monday to Monday?
eiii: As far as I can see this sale comes with the best discounts for Cossacks 3, Urban Empire and Vikings - Wolves of Midgard on GOG so far.
And worse discounts for the rest of games :(
eiii: And again no word about updates on Friday. So GOG finally switched to complete weekly sales with all offers lasting from Monday to Monday?
It's rather one week-long Weekly Sale and irregular sales related to releases etc. starting during the week. It may be more interesting and encourage people to check GOG more often than Monday/Friday, as it was in previous, a bit boring schedule.

PS. Updating existing sale is always bad idea. It's obvious that any update will receive less attention than a new sale started in parallel.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: And worse discounts for the rest of games :(
Not for all. There are also several games which are offered again at the deepest discount I have seen so far on GOG. But yes, more than half of the games in this promo were on sale with better discounts before. Not every game always will be sold with the highest discount. People have the choice which offer they accept and which not. :P
ciemnogrodzianin: PS. Updating existing sale is always bad idea. It's obvious that any update will receive less attention than a new sale started in parallel.
Indeed! And hopefully GOG also has realized that now, finally, after all the comments.
(Not that our comments would have changed anything, but I assume their sales numbers have shown it.)
Post edited July 03, 2017 by eiii
This must be a good sale seeing how many of these titles I already own ;-)
I'll get S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat! Didn't have a machine to play it back when it was new and shiny.
Shadow of Chernobyl is one of the most immersive FPS ever made and is totally, absolutely, 100% recommended for any action/FPS fan. I'd also recommend you to grab the Complete mod since it improves the game tenfold (also, it's suitable even for a first playthrough). Link: http://artistpavel.blogspot.gr/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html
Question: I already bought Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms a long while ago and IIRC at that point it wasn't complete yet and only the first part was available to play or something. Has anything changed in the meantime? Is it the full game now, is it still being worked on or was it abandoned?
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Leroux
high rated
Official Linux versions available on Steam but not here:

Crookz: The Big Heist
Tropico 5
Cossacks 3 (although Cossacks 3's Linux version is still in beta atm)
Grand Ages: Medieval

---

The STALKER games are well worth getting and they run great on Linux via Wine (+ I made wrappers for them a while ago: STALKER for Linux)
Post edited July 03, 2017 by adamhm
adamhm: Official Linux versions available on Steam but not here:
Grand Ages: Medieval
Thanks, missed that one... added to the list
Here's Cossacks 3 back to tempt me again. It does look rather nice.
Leroux: Question: I already bought Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms a long while ago and IIRC at that point it wasn't complete yet and only the first part was available to play or something. Has anything changed in the meantime? Is it the full game now, is it still being worked on or was it abandoned?
It seems that the game is still in development but no news soon according to a developer in Steam on the 27th of June:

Hey there, unfortunately there isn't any update out yet. You know it - silence before the storm. Stay tuned to Heretic Kingdoms radio! :)

I was interested in the game, but GOG version does not seem to include Spanish while Steam does. Can anyone please confirm this? Apparently game was last updated on January 2016 in Steam but cannot find it in GOG.
franmolamazo: It seems that the game is still in development but no news soon according to a developer in Steam on the 27th of June:
That's what I feared. Another purchase I regret. :/

franmolamazo: I was interested in the game, but GOG version does not seem to include Spanish while Steam does. Can anyone please confirm this? Apparently game was last updated on January 2016 in Steam but cannot find it in GOG.
I just checked the GOG files and installed the game to confirm. The files haven't changed since the last time I downloaded them, no updates since 2015, and no option to play in Spanish.