It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're gonna need a bigger cart!

Ok, Monday's was a pretty impressive lineup so it's not surprising it would only get better from there. So let's check out today's rad additions, shall we?

No collection is complete without the snow-covered tactics and epic drama of The Banner Saga or the dusty post-apocalyptic encounters of Skyshine's Bedlam. Just beware the angry metallic men.

If you're looking for more cheerfulness and more subversive humor in your fantasy, try to claim the King's Bounty over magical worlds, fierce northern lands, and twisted fairytale realms. Keep an eye out for feisty princesses and giant spiders, though.

But that's not all! There's also Perimeter, the goofy Pilot Brothers, hungry Star Wolves, and the peculiar Guild of Dungeoneering in today's additions to the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span>. Don't forget – there are just a few days left to grab what you want!

Oh hey, there's still time to pick up the deals that debuted on Monday!

You've got to respect the classics – like the famous Tex Murphy adventures: stories of a cynical gumshoe, femmes fatale in peril, and particularly bad habits. But also of dramatic battles of wits, a post-World War III New San Francisco, tons of humor, and delightfully cheesy FMV cutscenes in Tex Murphy: Mean Streets + Martian Memorandum, Overseer, The Pandora Directive, and Under a Killing Moon.

From ancient demon-warriors to insane android killing machines, the Guilty Gear series has you covered – and whatever type of fighter suits you best, you'll find it somewhere between the traditional gameplay of X2 #Reload and the weirdness of Isuka.

There's more in the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span> – including Realms of the Haunting, Incoming, Soulbringer, and the abnormal Normality – up to 90% off. Plus, stay tuned for new games and deals this Friday!

The Weekly Sale will last until January 16, 5:00 PM GMT.
Already own these :(

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY
King's Bounty: Dark Side
King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition
King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition Upgrade
King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition
Perimeter
Perimeter: Emperor's Testament
Pilot Brothers
Pilot Brothers 2
Pilot Brothers 3: Back Side of the Earth
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
Star Wolves
Star Wolves 2
Star Wolves 3: Civil War
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock
Tyrrhia: I really don’t see the reason behind the move.
Cecco: Let's see how it goes but I'm skeptikal. The reason I guess might be more visibility for each title in promo for the causal user. Giving the impression the the sales offer is bigger listing more titles on the same page. Or putting the sales together in the homepage and give more space to the new releases. Who knows. I think it's confusing. Also the discussion about the new releases is burdened with older posts. Hopefully there will not be lots of "link's not working" situations every friday from now on.
I’m not sure it gives them more visibility, as you now have many more games to look through. But then again, I prefer lighter sales with fewer games in them; I feel like it makes them more special.

Also, it seems like sales are now focused on publishers instead of particular titles that fit a theme. I checked two previous Weekly Staff Picks and they both had a special theme (&ldquo;Why Did It Have to be Snakes?&rdquo; with an adventure theme, and &ldquo;Beyond the Sea&rdquo; with an aquatic theme).

But yeah, let’s see how it goes. It’s only the second time they’ve tried it, after all.
So Star Wolves 2 has hit that "price of a cup of coffee" barrier for me, and it apparently works with little effort on WINE. So is it really as bad as the reviews say?
tinyE: Thanks everyone,

I joined Steam a week ago and I can assure you that if I has asked this question over there I would have gotten twenty people telling me, "Piss off and go read a FAQ moron!"
Asking questions on the Steam forum is like sticking your arm in a basket filled with rattlesnakes.
rampancy: So Star Wolves 2 has hit that "price of a cup of coffee" barrier for me, and it apparently works with little effort on WINE. So is it really as bad as the reviews say?
No, it's a good game, with some bugs though. At that price it's a no minder... Buy it.
Painted_Doll: Already own these :(

Pilot Brothers
Pilot Brothers 2
Pilot Brothers 3: Back Side of the Earth
(...)
Have you played Pilot Brothers series already? Since you are from Hungary, could you tell me if the game is compatible with sense of humor specific for post-commumist countries? ;) Not sure if you also have your own Stanisław Bareja with his comedies full of absurdity and paradoxes, but I hope you'd be able to tell me, if the game is really funny and worth a few hours...
mecharma: (...) please GOGbear with us...get it? GOGbear?...no?)
Okay, but first tell me, please, why The Banner Saga supports Linux You-Know-Where and supports only Win+Mac on GOG :,(
Post edited January 13, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
Lobuno: They are RTS with pause. There are no turns at all. Every unit has it's own speed, aim, hit points, and a lot more values. Damage depends on weapon used, there's a lot of variety, distance and hand to hand kinds, armors and all sorts of weird stuff too, explosives, mine, missile launchers, "light sabers", and so on :D. Units also have some sort of attributes, as in RPGs, which you can improve through experience.

Very good games indeed.
Yeah, the only games where I like the realtime combat, at first I hated it, but soon I realised all the options it presents, like ambushes thanks to the weapon readying delays.

But Aftermath sucks, skip it and play Aftershock.
mecharma: (...) please GOGbear with us...get it? GOGbear?...no?)
ciemnogrodzianin: Okay, but first tell me, please, why The Banner Saga supports Linux You-Know-Where and supports only Win+Mac on GOG :,(
If I remember rightly it's because the Linux port is god awful and Gog wouldn't accept it (something to do with the game being made in Adobe Air I believe?).
ciemnogrodzianin: Have you played Pilot Brothers series already? Since you are from Hungary, could you tell me if the game is compatible with sense of humor specific for post-commumist countries? ;) Not sure if you also have your own Stanisław Bareja with his comedies full of absurdity and paradoxes, but I hope you'd be able to tell me, if the game is really funny and worth a few hours...
I don't know nothing about the specific kind of humor in post-communist countries, but I have played the first installment of Pilot Brothers and can add a few thoughts about it, if it is of any help for you.
Pilot Brothers is not 'full of absurdities', it is not sarcastic and I do not remember anything special about the jokes. The humor is a mild one. A few gags that made me smile.
The two characters are lovable. Two brothers, one is an idiot and the other is a wannabe detective, wearing a trenchcoat and smoking a pipe.
The puzzles are funny and thus not always logical. You won't need a walkthrough, although I have to admit that I needed one for one puzzle: The one where you have to catch an animal. I didn't see the spot where you had to walk to succeed.
The game length is short, very short. I guess I completed it in less than an hour.
I wouldn't recommend Pilot Brothers, but on sale it is worth a try. I bought the second and third installments during this promo, because I somehow liked the two guys.
BKGaming: You have to improve how you highlight weekend additions, either that or keep the weekly sales but keep the weekend sales separate. It's a good idea overall, but it's needs some improvements. Weekend games are to easily missed with this new system.
I agree.