It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Look who's here!

UPDATE: So Adult Swim have decided to crash our party and you know what, we are totally ok with that! Especially since they're bringing notorious good-timers like Headlander, Kingsway, Battle Chef Brigade, and Westerado along. Oh, and Rain World. That one's also pretty cool, once you get to know it. Just don't let it near the buffet.

Sales, amirite? It's hard to tell when one ends and another begins, these days. It's like a constant parade of games, dancing along the beat with big, shiny signs around their necks advertising irresistible discounts. Sure, every now and then a new face joins in the fun. But how to spot them? Here, try using this Weekly Sale, containing several games which have not participated for awhile!

Part puzzle/adventure, part platformer, all hilariously warped pandemonium! Use your trippy mind-reading powers and swap thoughts around like stickers to escape your shady pursuers and find a way to Stick it to the Man!.

A bleak tale of survival against The Long Dark, where resources are scarce, nature is unforgiving, and the cold your only companion. Make the best of it until permadeath gets you.

Sentient. Corn. That not enough for you? Fine. How about the fact that there's a grumpy teddy bear, secret underground facilities, environmental puzzles, and quite possibly a Maize somewhere around here?

The Weekly sale ends April 02, 10 PM UTC.
amund: Just installed it and checked, yes it runs in window mode. If you want a borderless window you can use the Borderless Gaming software.
Does the game allow the user to save at any time?
I know it's not in GOG's interest to offer GOG Connect too often and on too many titles but damn I don't want to pay for the Long Dark again. I even wrote to Hinterland asking them if they could give me a GOG version and remove my Steam copy but no response, not even to tell me it's not possible to remove my steam version.

Even a decent discount for owners of the game elsewhere would be cool.
Post edited March 26, 2018 by X-com
amund: Just installed it and checked, yes it runs in window mode. If you want a borderless window you can use the Borderless Gaming software.
IronArcturus: Does the game allow the user to save at any time?
Yes and you have quick save.
X-com: I know it's not in GOG's interest to offer GOG Connect too often and on too many titles but damn I don't want to pay for the Long Dark again. I even wrote to Hinterland asking them if they could give me a GOG version and remove my Steam copy but no response, not even to tell me it's not possible to remove my steam version.
I have asked them this in the past, they won't do it. I'm not buying it again either, not really worth it in my opinion.
Post edited March 26, 2018 by amund
Does the player focus more on farming in the game or more on combat?
amund: Yes and you have quick save.
I have asked them this in the past, they won't do it. I'm not buying it again either, not really worth it in my opinion.
Yeah it's frustrating, I bought it 3 months after it entered early access so I was a long time supporter too. Oh well, shit happens.
A game which at the same time is listed with different prices in different promos... always new surprises on GOG.
For anybody who has been thinking of picking up Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, but has been reluctant to pick it up because of a serious bug in the GOG version that prevents you from playing New Game +:

That bug was fixed earlier this year, according to the changelog, so you should be able to play New Game + on the GOG version. (I haven't actually checked it myself, but I used the files somebody posted on the game-specific forum to eliminate the bug.)

So, you can now get the GOG version of the game and get the full experience, if you feel like investing that much time into the game.
Well done, GOG.

Now you got me on the fence with Vangers. Mmmm...

Also, the daily deals are fun as well. Well done there...
Ixamyakxim: And this is driving me nuts - it's not on sale, but what's the name of that 'Mech game here with a similar art style to Lost Sea? I saw Lost Sea and immediately thought of it, but for the life of me can't remember the name. You build a mech from like cartoony bits of wood or metal or scraps you find off of other mechs. They're not "modern" mechs at all - more like cartoon ones build out of logs and such.
Leroux: Did you mean Megabyte Punch?
Not this one...

RupertMurdock: Goliath?
But yup, that's the one! Thanks!

And Leroux thanks for the pointers on The Long Dark. Not sure if I can trust myself not to play it if I grab it now LOL - think I'll hold off for a bit.
Nice selection GOG!

Picked up some rare classics like Catacombs Pack (1991), Tzar - The Burden of the Crown (2000) and Screamer 4x4 (2000) :)
drealmer7: the pro pinball games are the best pinball games

my cds still work, I should make backup ISOs out of them some day
Fonzer: Well i have timeschock on a bravo screenfun cd though it probably isn't drm free, the other 2 i don't have for now i wishlisted the BRUSA pinball game and the the third one fantastic journey i am not sure about it if i should buy that one or not.
And i did love timeschock pinball game
BRUSA and Fantasic Journey are better than Timeshock (if Timeshock is 8/10 pinball game, BRUSA is 9 and Fantastic Journey is 9.5)
Fonzer: Well i have timeschock on a bravo screenfun cd though it probably isn't drm free, the other 2 i don't have for now i wishlisted the BRUSA pinball game and the the third one fantastic journey i am not sure about it if i should buy that one or not.
And i did love timeschock pinball game
musteriuz: I've spent many hours playing fantastic journey - cd copy - and haven't been anywhere near completing the journey yet. One of my fav pinball games.
me too, SO many hours, and for some reason I'm not as good as I used to be, and the same with BRUSA I've only ever completed about half the race
Post edited March 27, 2018 by drealmer7
Ixamyakxim: Anyone know if The Long Dark campaign is complete yet? Been wanting this one FOREVER and am holding off until the single player is done. I know the sandbox is supposed to be awesome but I just like something a bit more "directed."
Ixamyakxim: And Leroux thanks for the pointers on The Long Dark. Not sure if I can trust myself not to play it if I grab it now LOL - think I'll hold off for a bit.
I've been losing more and more faith in Hinterland. They aren't good communicators, they're kind of snobbish, they seem to hold GOG in disfavor, they bend to community desires a bit more than their own vision a bit too often, and have kind of re-approached how they are doing the episodes which I'm not sure is for the better or not (it's impossible to tell, it could be, as it looks like they might be dedicating more time and thought into it than they initially realized they should? again, not really sure) - BUT (and I'd make that a bigger BUTT if I could!), the game has tons of promise, atmosphere, and good stuff going for it that it could still end up being a very good game, specifically talking story mode as all the rest of the mechanics as far as I'm concerned are simply for enhancing gameplay of an involving story of a gameworld.

I don't like survival / crafting type games, but this (and Project Zomboid, if it ever gets its narrative/NPC elements back), has been an exception. I've played survival mode a bit (and watched it be played a bit), and it's good, if there wasn't/I didn't know a story mode was coming, I would play the survival mode more, as I am compelled to play it more as it is because the bit I've played has been good/rewarding (though I haven't played with some of the more recent changes so can't speak to them), but refrain doing the more waiting for story mode.

I decided it'd probably be a good idea to learn how to do things before jumping into the story and trying to survive while doing the story, and yes, I recommend playing survival mode a while and getting used to the mechanics and a small portion of the game world so you know how to do things a bit more smoothly and successfully before investing the time in the story mode, it's not a waste, so you could get it now, play a while, and if you have the discipline, once you have it "under your belt", shelve it and wait for the future episodes.

It's likely to be on sale again before more episodes are released, but I doubt they'll do more than 50% ever since it's not complete. oh wait, it's cheaper on steam sale? heh
With so many weeks of offer I'm going to be left without any penny.
dtgreene: ...That bug was fixed earlier this year, according to the changelog, so you should be able to play New Game + on the GOG version...
I bought it before your post, so I'm glad to hear that a bug I wasn't even aware existed, is fixed. Nihon Falcom is such a dedicated developer, properly maintaining their releases. And the XSEED/Falcom combo always ensures great quality games.
dtgreene: ...That bug was fixed earlier this year, according to the changelog, so you should be able to play New Game + on the GOG version...
MadalinStroe: I bought it before your post, so I'm glad to hear that a bug I wasn't even aware existed, is fixed. Nihon Falcom is such a dedicated developer, properly maintaining their releases. And the XSEED/Falcom combo always ensures great quality games.
This particular game was actually published by Mastiff (not XSEED), and the fix did take a long time to arrive; it only came this year.

If you haven't already, make sure you update to the new version before you fight the final boss; you don't want to have to sit through the ending cutscene and then have the game crash before you can make a clear save.

(You still need to get the good ending to unock New Game +; you don't, however, need to kill the game's optional superboss.)