It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get over the moon with these visual novels, jRPGs and detective-mystery games up to -85%

Turn this week into the Moon Festival celebration with the selection of games that we’re fond of for their unique aesthetics and spirit of Japan.

No Japanese-themed sale would be complete without these great JRPGs, such as Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (-80%), The Caligula Effect: Overdose (-20%) and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-35%). If you are in the mood for immersing yourself in emotional adventures, enjoy our visual novels picks from Sekai and Mangagamer: mysterious Umineko series (up to -50%), romantic The Expression Amrilato (-20%) or Serment - Contract with the Devil (-35%), a dungeon crawler hybrid where you play as a girl who was revived by a beautiful devil, and more.

Update: XSEED Games are joining Moon Festival Sale! Complete your collection with the amazing series of The Legend of Heroes (up to -50%), explore the fantasy world of Ys (up to -75%), uncover the mysteries of the past in London Detective Mysteria (-25%) and much more!

Check all games in our Moon Festival Sale, running until September 16th, 1PM UTC.
low rated
eiii: There's also a Paradox Interactive sale running.
*puked on the floor*

sorry about that. :(
Nice sale, got Caladrius Blaze, Raiden IV: OverKill and BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. Thanks GOG. <3
Wow so many games from my wishlist (I was waiting to play the Trails in the Sky trilogy), I wonder if my wallet will get out alive from this sale XD. Thanks GOG! :D
Seeing the Neptunia games on sale makes me wish GOG would release the remaining games... Oh well, maybe someday... :,(
Very nice to see GOG-Chan again.

I have most of the JRPGs I need already, but I did decide to take advantage on the 2nd Trails of Cold Steel game for when I am ready to play Trails of Cold Steel.

Feels good that I also recently finished Tokyo Xanadu EX as well, it is another one of Nihon Falcom's greats. Would recommend it for it's current sale price by far.
high rated
For those interested in GOG art, here are some links. Have fun :)

promo banner:
1550 px

background wallpapers:
449 px
800 px
1275 px
ULTRA (2560 px)

text art/logo:
960 px
Post edited September 10, 2019 by goglin
this sale is mediocre at best. Almost all games have discounts lower than historical records.

Also. TOUHOU LUNA NIGHTS WHEN?
Welcome back, gogchan!
So what is the theme for the sale? Because I'm pretty sure we had a "lunar sale" for the Chinese New year, or am I misremembering? Google seems to believe it's some sort of a harvest festival of our new Chinese overlords. But most of the games are Japanese influenced ones. Strange...
Post edited September 10, 2019 by MadalinStroe
low rated
Not sure if the sale hint to Sailor Moon or such terrible manga, but is really not interesting.
goglin: For those interested in GOG art, here are some links. Have fun :)

promo banner:
1550 px

background wallpapers:
449 px
800 px
1275 px
ULTRA (2560 px)

text art/logo:
960 px
And GOG Chan Wallpaper (Source: https://www.facebook.com/gogcom/)
Attachments:
Can anyone tell if the cheaper RPGs, i.e. the first Trails in the Sky or Ys games run well under Wine?
Don't have much in the wallet, but would like to get something with low requirements and good Wine compatibility.
Have not played JRPGs that much.
I appreciate a vast detailed world with NPCs, towns and villages.
Thanks.
All of the Falcom games in this sale are amazing deals and really good games. I already bought them during previous sales. I didn't have time to play all of them yet. But I did play a bunch of them, and I've never seen a bad game from that dev.

bhrigu: I appreciate a vast detailed world with NPCs, towns and villages.
I have no idea if and/or how well it runs under Wine. But I do know that Trails in the Sky is definitely exactly you are looking for in terms of that quoted statement of what you appreciate.
bhrigu: Can anyone tell if the cheaper RPGs, i.e. the first Trails in the Sky or Ys games run well under Wine?
Don't have much in the wallet, but would like to get something with low requirements and good Wine compatibility.
Have not played JRPGs that much.
I appreciate a vast detailed world with NPCs, towns and villages.
Thanks.
I don't know about later entries because I only played up to the second game, but I wouldn't classify Ys1 or 2 as a JRPG or any sort of RPG. They are much more adequately described as action games. Check one or two videos (particularly of the combat) and you'll see for yourself.

Which is a pity for you, because I believe both games would run flawlessly on Wine.
Post edited September 10, 2019 by joppo
MadalinStroe: So what is the theme for the sale? Because I'm pretty sure we had a "lunar sale" for the Chinese New year, or am I misremembering? Google seems to believe it's some sort of a harvest festival of our new Chinese overlords. But most of the games are Japanese influenced ones. Strange...
From Wiki: "Tsukimi (月見) or Otsukimi (お月見), literally meaning, "moon-viewing", also known as Jugoya (十五夜), are Japanese festivals honoring the autumn moon, a variant of the Mid-Autumn Festival. The celebration of the full moon typically takes place on the 15th day of the eighth month of the traditional Japanese calendar; the waxing moon is celebrated on the 13th day of the ninth month. These days normally fall in September and October of the modern solar calendar.

The tradition dates to the Heian era, and is now so popular in Japan that some people repeat the activities for several evenings following the appearance of the full moon during the eighth lunisolar month."
I feel like this could be a good time to bring back Carpe Fulger games, though at this point I doubt it'll happen. :-P :-/