It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everyone’s favorite time of the week is upon us and with it, a special GOG MIX sale that will fill your weekend with awesome gaming experiences!

With a variety of titles and genres, all with discounts going as high as -85%, you’ll find something great to play no matter what your taste is. The sale lasts until January 9th, 11 PM UTC.

Let’s jump right into it and take a look at some of the examples:

Turbo Overkill (-10%)
While still in development, this crazy sci-fi, FPP shooter is already bound to make our hearts pound faster with its savage, over the top gameplay. It’s heavily inspired by some of the all-time greats like Doom, Duke Nukem and Quake, and packed with stunning cyberpunk visuals. You play as half-metal, half-human, half-crazy Johnny Turbo, augmented with hidden arm rockets and a chainsaw that extends from your lower leg allowing you to kick-slice enemies wide open. Prepare to wall-running and dashing, sliding on your chainsaw leg, eviscerating foes and opening up bosses for critical damage, car-surfing on the hoods of flying cars, blasting enemies away with the Twin Magnums, teleporting and much more! All of that alongside two dozen stages filled with secrets, bonus arena stages, and white-knuckle combat puzzles is what makes this FPS an unforgettable, wild ride.

Steelrising (-40%)
The city burns and bleeds as it suffers the madness of King Louis XVI and his violent legions of automatons. Aegis, a mechanical masterpiece created by the engineer Vaucanson to be the queen's bodyguard, must save the French Revolution in this challenging action-RPG. Define your own style and upgrade your abilities as you progress through the game. You can play as a ruthless warrior, a hard-hitting bodyguard, a deadly dancer or a virtuoso of the elemental arts. Take advantage of a wide variety of weapons and skills to approach each fight in your own unique way.
Catventurer: [...]
foad01: Do you like or know Night in the Woods
https://www.gog.com/en/game/night_in_the_woods

and

Blacksad: Under the Skin
https://www.gog.com/en/game/blacksad_under_the_skin

?

How about creating a thread to discuss this tag? I know that there is an Animal thread already, but I am sure that the tag "Cats" is definitely an interesting topic.
I forgot about those two as they're on my wish list and not tagged cat on GOG! Tell you what. Since I really am a sickly person with no day job that mostly stays home to play games while hanging out with anywhere from 1 to 4 cats, I really can plow through a large backlog. Once I've classified everything as Cats and No Cats. ("We don't talk about No Cats. No. No. No.") -- I'd be happy to host a thread on game with Cats.

If you'll excuse me, I really have a backlog to get to. <3
Catventurer: What do you mean by not include Gibbous and Kitteh. Of course they're included. My Ultimate CatMix would be every game that I would give the "Cats" tag to in that open source game library manager.
You might want to include Mousecraft, where the player character is a mad cat scientist.
Catventurer: What do you mean by not include Gibbous and Kitteh. Of course they're included. My Ultimate CatMix would be every game that I would give the "Cats" tag to in that open source game library manager.
joppo: You might want to include Mousecraft, where the player character is a mad cat scientist.
Really awesome cat helping mice get cheese for science? I'm in. Wishlisted!

Oh and another cat that I forgot to mention until now is Crouky, who is one of the passengers that you can pick up in Night Call. https://www.gog.com/en/game/night_call
Catventurer: Firstly, there's the blatantly obvious games that feature cats:
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
- Calico
- Cat Cafe Manager
- Cat Quest
- Cat Quest 2
- Catizens
- Catie in MeowmeowLand
- Chicken Police
- Gato Robo
- Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure
- Gori: Cuddle Carnage
- In Sound Mind
- Inspector Waffles
- Learning Factory
- Nine Noir Lives
- Timeline
- Warpaws
- While True: Learn ()
Excuse me, where is Night in the Woods???

Edit: Saw another user already asked you about it.
Post edited January 07, 2023 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: Edit: Saw another user already asked you about it.
Okay. Since I keep getting asked about this game or that, I'll do a weekly cat report every Saturday over in the *Games Finished in 2023" thread, so that we can stop hijacking this thread with CatMix. It is appropriate in that thread to make posts commenting on the games themselves.

It's still Friday here, so in about 12 hours.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2023/page3
joppo: You might want to include Mousecraft, where the player character is a mad cat scientist.
Catventurer: Really awesome cat helping mice get cheese for science? I'm in. Wishlisted!

Oh and another cat that I forgot to mention until now is Crouky, who is one of the passengers that you can pick up in Night Call. https://www.gog.com/en/game/night_call
I see you're very thorough when it comes to cats.

You definitely have your priorities straight. ;-)
GOG Mix? You really, really are completely and utterly detached from your user base aren't you?
MarkoH01: So since we - as it has been explained to us already - have already hijacked the thread to make it a true GOG mix thread, what would your catmix games include? (If you don't include Gibbous and Kitteh, I won't talk to you ever again ;))

Firstly, there's the blatantly obvious games that feature cats:
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
- Calico
- Cat Cafe Manager
- Cat Quest
- Cat Quest 2
- Catizens
- Catie in MeowmeowLand
- Chicken Police
- Gato Robo
- Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure
- Gori: Cuddle Carnage
- In Sound Mind
- Inspector Waffles
- Learning Factory
- Nine Noir Lives
- Timeline
- Warpaws
- While True: Learn ()

However there's lots of games where there's a cat somewhere in the game that you might otherwise not know about without an Ultimate CatMix. Such as....
- Cthulhu Saves Christmas: green cat alien that you can rescue from a pet shop
- Divine Divinity: lots of cats all over the place just living their cat lives oblivious to you, plus two cat NPCs you can interact with
- Agent A: there's an achievement in this game related to making good with Ruby's cat
- Costume Quest: besides the cat NPC at the beginning, there is a cat costume (meaning you can turn into a cat in battle)
- Donut County: one of the levels involves the cat NPC and his restaurant
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: when you're in Venice, there's one cat at the outdoor restaurant
- Inkulinati: Bishop Cats
- Master of Orion: Mrrshan are humanoid cat aliens
- There is No Game: Wrong Dimension: there's a few cats in the Loss of Control chapter

Games that would get excluded is where your only interactions with them is as an enemy.
Have a +1. :)
I wanted to add a couple titles, but some users beat me to it. :P

Too bad Omensight has tons of dogs and mice, but lacks felines.

Edit: BLACKTAIL has a black cat that plays an important part in the story. You can pet him as well. :P
Edit 2: Kitaria Fables features cats.
Post edited January 07, 2023 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: Edit: BLACKTAIL has a black cat that plays an important part in the story. You can pet him as well. :P
Edit 2: Kitaria Fables features cats.
NekoMiko.
Attachments:
kats.jpg (411 Kb)
[...}
Hmm, the above sentence implies that the game does not have to be on GOG. If we look beyond GOG then Stray would have to be on the list.

And if humanoid cat races also qualify then you can add lots of games (mostly RPGs) which have those, like the Elder Scrolls series (Khajiit), the Wizardry series (Felpurr), the Wing Commander series (Kilrathi) and Albion (Iskai).

Oh, and one of the merchants in Mortal Shell also has a cat. You can pet it to get the Purrfect achievement. :-) Other than that it doesn't really do anything as far as I know.

If you want to do this list properly you should make a new thread for it though.
Ok, I know I'm late to the party and a thousand people said this already, but I feel the need to join.

GOG MIX? Seriously? The one feature you killed off the community is asking you to bring back since... well, a lot of time ago?
Is that deliberate trolling? I felt the burn a mile away.
Catventurer: stop hijacking this thread
Maybe better to hijack every GOG MIX sale thread to talk about cats to create an irresistible GOG MIX -> cats association?

Wolfstride has at least 27 cats. Mostly they hang out in one area but you need to find 26 of them at one point (they aren't entirely ordinary cats and hide where they blend in well) and another one enters the story later. Plus anthro cat people. There is also a cat washing mini game, although I'm guessing that would count against it.

Falcom games often have cats but they usually aren't part of the story (attached image is from Ys IX). Mishy (Falcom's cat mascot) is usually involved in a side quest but walks on two legs. Little Bug has a spirit cat if that counts.
Attachments:
animals.jpg (23 Kb)
[...}
Geralt_of_Rivia: Hmm, the above sentence implies that the game does not have to be on GOG. If we look beyond GOG then Stray would have to be on the list.

And if humanoid cat races also qualify then you can add lots of games (mostly RPGs) which have those, like the Elder Scrolls series (Khajiit), the Wizardry series (Felpurr), the Wing Commander series (Kilrathi) and Albion (Iskai).

Oh, and one of the merchants in Mortal Shell also has a cat. You can pet it to get the Purrfect achievement. :-) Other than that it doesn't really do anything as far as I know.

If you want to do this list properly you should make a new thread for it though.
When it comes to humanoid cats, don't forget Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. This is the game where the humanoid cat (Kieran) really is the canonical champion who saves the realm to the extent that his portrait is hanging in the castle in one of the later games proclaiming him as such.

I like to always include the community wishlist entry for games like Stray that are not on GOG. https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/stray Exceptions for cases where the game is already available for free without DRM on some indie game site (search google for the game's title and you'll find it) or the game isn't worth paying whatever it's going for on other sites and would only likely be the same price if here.

The issue with me starting any threads right now is that I'm in Northern California, and we're having a lot of winter storms that are resulting in power outages. I really don't want to commit to something when I'm under threat of power outages that could last for days, especially if it is related to trees falling on stuff. There's expected to be outages tonight from thunderstorms, and more outages come Monday from an atmospheric river.

Maybe come spring, I'll change my opinion and be more willing to start an Ultimate CatMix thread... For now, I really am going to hunker down both literally and figuratively.

Catventurer: stop hijacking this thread
joveian: Maybe better to hijack every GOG MIX sale thread to talk about cats to create an irresistible GOG MIX -> cats association?

Wolfstride has at least 27 cats. Mostly they hang out in one area but you need to find 26 of them at one point (they aren't entirely ordinary cats and hide where they blend in well) and another one enters the story later. Plus anthro cat people. There is also a cat washing mini game, although I'm guessing that would count against it.

Falcom games often have cats but they usually aren't part of the story (attached image is from Ys IX). Mishy (Falcom's cat mascot) is usually involved in a side quest but walks on two legs. Little Bug has a spirit cat if that counts.
I just knew there was something about Wolfstrike when I saw it, but unfortunately my current laptop is below spec for the game. Someday though...
Catventurer:
Oh yeah, technically it has some issues so I could imagine it potentially not working well enough on under spec systems even though it doesn't do anything complex. It is one of very few 2D games that gave me nausea (due to extreme tearing when walking around IIRC) until I adjusted a GPU driver setting.

Stay safe and good luck on your power situation.
Additions/changes:
• $4.68 • -33% • Nitro Racers
• $16.99 • -15% • Nine Noir Lives
• $17.99 • -10% • Trifox