It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bethesda Publisher Sale

Swords and sorcery, chainsaws and demon guts, madness and Lovecraft. All iconic duos in their own way. A wealth of experiences lay within the Bethesda library, boasting some of the most influential modern day games. Whether it’s the sprawling worlds of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, or the tight blood-drenched Mars bases of Doom, it’s hard to overlook the quality of depth Bethesda has under their name.

This weekend’s sale is all about celebrating those great games. Naturally, by celebration, we mean a sale. Explore the rich history of the Fallout series with Fallout & Fallout 2, both with 75% off. From its isometric past to its modern first-person view, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition paved the way for the series in the modern age.

Role-playing isn’t restricted to the post-apocalyptic world. The highly celebrated entries in the Elder Scrolls series are also part of the sale. Two games that defined their respective generations, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition, are both 50% off.

As for a taste of the old-school, Doom II + Final Doom, Return To Castle Wolfenstein and the Quake series are all included in the weekend sale.

Oh, and the return of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, complete with a 50% discount.

The sale ends August 20th, 10pm UTC.
That made me remind that when I got my 1st PC it came with installed Doom 95.... played it for like 1 minute. :S

And also that my box Version of Oblivion patching forever .:P

And I just realized that I never played Quake 4 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (well, Redguard too :P). Hmm...
low rated
No regional prices for classic Fallout, Doom and Wolfenstein games? No thanks.

For example, even without a discount the whole classic Fallout trilogy (1, 2, Tactics) on Steam is cheaper than same games on GOG with a HUGE 75% discount. The strange thing here is that "newer" games (like Quake IV or New Vegas) have proper regional prices.

Any official commentaries?

Updated my journal: instead of answering the absolutely legitimate question about unreasonable pricing difference for one publisher's games, you're downvoting my post.

Why I'm not even surprised?
Post edited August 19, 2018 by OHMYGODJCABOMB
paladin181: Why isn't Arx Fatalis on sale? I already have it, but I'm sure someone may want to buy it.
Well...anyone who wants to buy it, doesn't necessarily need to wait for a sale to do so...just saying. ;)
Nathan89: Took you long enough, QuakeCon was a week ago or something.
Bethesda wants to sell on Steam, teey don't give a rat's ass about gogers.
Crisco1492: Wolfenstein and Quake series bought. If y'all got another game coming as part of this sale... Well, I don't mind going further over my budget.
You know you have a problem when you say things like "I can quit any time I want", without actually quitting. After the last time I passed-out, all the blood donor chop-shops in all the surrounding regions keep a photo of me taped to the receptionist counter. I have resorted to smuggling cheese to pay for my GOG habit. I know I'm not addicted, because I can quit any time I want.
Bought Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

I have spent too much this week! :-)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Eath is back!!! I missed it the first time and I was so bummed! Glad I can pick it up (and at a 50% discount too! :D).

I read from other forum users that it is buggy (with possibly game breaking bugs). Are these bugs that everyone (or most) are experiencing? Or is it more of a one off issue with only a few people experiencing them?
As usual Bethesda's discounts are disappointing.
high rated
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (2011)
Rage (2011)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
Dishonored (2012)

mike_cesara: There are more interesting publishers than bethesda with their shady practices. I'd rather see more games from sqenix than another 'let's count on modders and community and charge for it at least twice'' bethesda unfinished release. Anyway, does QuakeCon just started or am I missing something?
FulVal: Missed already
I was being sarcastic ; >

mike_cesara: And you won't see it. Bethesda discount rules are simple, 66% off for semi-called-goty, 75% off for base game and 40% off for any dlc.
zlep: Then they don't follow those rules on GOG. If Morrowind GOTY has ever been 66% off here, it was a goodly time ago. More recently, it's been 75% off a couple of times last year, and 50% off the rest of the time. The newer GOTYs, like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas have also been 50% off for sales, never 66%.
Let's see how it goes from now on, because it looks for me like bethesda marketing team isn't interested in games at all. Not to mention gamers or even development team. They're quite good at liking one another's balls.
Darn it! I only just bought New Vegas UE last week in a Steam sale. Really wanted to buy it here instead. Oh well.
Nothing new, no decent prices, nothing of interest...
"Wow, cool! A bethesda sale!"
checks prices and "discounts"
"Haha, nope."
zlep: Then they don't follow those rules on GOG. If Morrowind GOTY has ever been 66% off here, it was a goodly time ago. More recently, it's been 75% off a couple of times last year, and 50% off the rest of the time. The newer GOTYs, like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas have also been 50% off for sales, never 66%.
Maybe it's directly related to the quality of the game Morrowind is far superior to anything else they've released since Daggerfall.
funkfeelin: Darn it! I only just bought New Vegas UE last week in a Steam sale. Really wanted to buy it here instead. Oh well.
Does the Steam version work as it should? I have done some research and it seems it has problems and one should prefer the gog version.