It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
Licurg: Why no Sacrifice ? :(

Anyway, this is a good promo, tons of must-buys in it.
Niggles: He amazingly didnt like it? (or forgot)... having said that he liked Luftrausers :/
No, he liked it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jw6tord7Q
skinandbones13: TB is one YouTuber whose popularity I will never understand. I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun. That monotone voice sounds like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia page. He sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
If you have a similar mindset, you get what TB is on about and generally fall on same side as his views (i do.most of the time). TB is passionate about games imho.
Niggles: He amazingly didnt like it? (or forgot)... having said that he liked Luftrausers :/
Licurg: No, he liked it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jw6tord7Q
remind him
;)
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Niggles
phaolo: I don't think he would have included the new KBs and Dreamfall
Grargar: How about asking him?
Eh? If you can get an answer for real, ask him lol.

Grargar: SW 2? At any rate, as mentioned above by Aningan, the final decision of the discounts rest with the devs/pubs, who might have not wanted to currently discount their games.
Yes, as I imagined before him in my first reply and original post "he had to choose from a limited selection".
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekend_promo_totalbiscuit_recommends_9472c/post28
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekend_promo_totalbiscuit_recommends_9472c/post15
Anyway, I fed up of this derpy discussion today, let's stop please.
Licurg: Why no Sacrifice ? :(

Anyway, this is a good promo, tons of must-buys in it.
Much more likely: The publisher didn't want it on sale.

At the end of his video he mentions that they hadn't heard back from some publishers about whether they wanted to participate in the sale. Putting a game on sale without the publisher's explicit permission would probably cause some friction between them and GOG.
skinandbones13: TB is one YouTuber whose popularity I will never understand. I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun. That monotone voice sounds like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia page. He sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
Niggles: If you have a similar mindset, you get what TB is on about and generally fall on same side as his views (i do.most of the time). TB is passionate about games imho.
Niggles: remind him
;)
I've never seen him around . Does he ever post in the forums ?
phaolo: Anyway, I fed up of this derpy discussion today, let's stop please.
OK, but what's SW 2? :P
cyboff: nice promo, but GOG, please, sort out that "not owning deluxe edition when owning deluxe upgrade" bug finally, it's really annoying...
So true. I have that with Wasteland 2 and Pillars of eternity royal edition. I keep having to double check myself as I almost try and buy things again thinking I must have just "thought" i owned then or must have got them on steam instead. My poor mind can only remember so much.
phaolo: Anyway, I fed up of this derpy discussion today, let's stop please.
Grargar: OK, but what's SW 2? :P
Star Wars Episode 2? :P
high rated
I won't argue whether or not his popularity is deserved, but I can say I personally enjoy his videos. I find them very informative and he always seems fair - even if he personally doesn't like a game, he tries to find merit in it, tries to determine whether it's still a good game that other people might enjoy. To me, TB is there to help me make purchasing decisions (and I have made several purchases because of him and I've been very happy with them), whereas PewDiePie is just there to screw around and entertain people. TB and PewDiePie's videos have very different purposes.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by jforte
skinandbones13: Yep, those are 30 games alright. Kind of reminds me of the Steam Curator thing where a bunch of YouTube personalities and game "experts" all choose the same games.

TB is one YouTuber whose popularity I will never understand. I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun. That monotone voice sounds like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia page. He sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
He is a cynical brit, they all sound like that. I know one and he is like that too. As for Pew Die Pie, I only ever watched one video and that was enough. Annoyed the crap out of me.

Guess each to their own.
jforte: I won't argue whether or not his popularity is deserved, but I can say I personally enjoy his videos. I find them very informative and he always seems fair - even if he personally doesn't like a game, he tries to find merit in it, tries to determine whether it's still a good game that other people might enjoy. To me, TB is there to help me make purchasing decisions (and I have made several purchases because of him and I've been very happy with them), whereas PewDiePie is just there to screw around and entertain people. TB and PewDiePie's videos have very different purposes.
Good points I agree
Post edited July 17, 2015 by deonast
Interesting......
Attachments:
{sigh} Once again, Don't Starve hits the discount glass ceiling of 66%. Still waiting for GOG to get the 75% discount that Steam has been allowed to use several times already. I just don't get the Klei guys. :/

Also, another odd discount, Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade is 49% off. Like the soundtrack upgrade for Trine 2, GOG uses an odd discount percentage for no discernible reason. At least this time they didn't advertise that it was a higher discount than it ended up being...
Some good title selections.
low rated
Incredibly disappointed in GOG's continued insistence on supporting TotalBiscuit. While I prefer to get my games DRM-free, I'll take Steam any day over a site that openly supports this jerk.
GOG.com: Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with.
This is the first time I hear about TotalBiscuit. Some explanation who he is would have been nice.

Anyway, I find it funny that he recommends The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, but didn't recommend Dreamfall Chapters.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by OlausPetrus