It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

50-75% off Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Recettear, Jade Empire, Dungeon Keeper, Unreal Tournament and more…

Have you met the GOG.com #StreamTeam yet? They're a fantastic bunch of gamers, game lovers, entertainers. They're also on Twitch.tv/GOGcom every single day to bring you great gaming content with love. We asked them to pick out some of their favorite titles from the GOG.com catalog to include in this week's <span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span> - all from 50-75% off.

And here's what they have to say about their favorite picks:
MegapiemanPHD
A freelance voice actor and YouTuber of other stuff, features Skulls of the Shogun - Humorous with nice artwork and a good amount of depth for it's simplicity, as well as Raiden 3 - the classic Shmup that offers fast paced in your face action at a reasonably high skill level.

ScreamingJoypad
A games critic, fanatic, freelancer, blogger, and way more. He's "just a dude who loves games". He also loves streaming Surgeon Simulator. A lot: "Oh my days! How much fun is Surgeon Simulator?! In a world where simulators always fell short of feeling realistic - Bossa studios took it upon themselves to create a hyper-realistic simulator that puts you in the shoes of an untrained janitor who fancies himself a surgeon. Personally, Surgeon Simulator is a lovely change, it's stupid, the actions you take lead to usually hilarious outcomes and under all of this there is an actual challenge there that needs completing. Buy the game, like the game, tell your friends, tweet me your best screenshots @ScreamingJoypad and most of all - Stay Awesome!"

Flaose
Teacher by day, dreamer by night, streamer somewhere in between. One of the favorites is Wacky Wheels: "Sick of your kart racing games being console exclusives that feature overweight plumbers and anthropomorphic testudines? Start your engines for this DOS classic that stars a cast of escaped zoo animals and (extremely) live ammunition! Wacky Wheels is a classic kart racing game that features a plethora of racing tracks, two-player racing (featuring both split-screen, and modem/serial cable multiplayer), a shooting gallery, and a deathmatch mode. While racing you’ll be able to pick up a variety of weapons to slow down the other challengers, including a pair of demonic balls, and poor pack of porcupines that you blast out your front end! While Wacky Wheels won’t challenge most experienced gamers, it’s perfectly suited for all ages and as the first full-priced game that I ever purchased as a kid is easy to recommend to you wonderful members of the GOGcom family!"

MatCat
The dynamic streaming duo, colliding in the most awesomely awkward of gaming relationships - one of their favorites is Unreal Tournament 2004 "Often touted as the best of the Unreal Tournament series (although some may argue UT99 wins this due to its originality), Unreal Tournament 2004 is classic Arena FPS in every sense of the word. Weather you love it for its fast-paced nature, its unique and fun match types (like Onslaught) or the sheer detail the developers put into every aspect of the experience, UT2004 still continues to make a mark on gamers today. Personally, my relationship with Unreal Tournament started with 99, but 2004 made me decide to it was time to exchange vows with the franchise... a vow to Monster Kill!!"

Memories in 8bit
A filmmaker, photographer, writer, and of course, streamer features Dungeon Keeper 2: "Have you ever dreamed of conquering a whole kingdom? Do you want to spread terror and darkness over the land? Then Dungeon Keeper 2 is the game for you. By uniting elements of a building sim and strategy game it was far ahead of its time and yet it is accessible even to newcomers to the genres as well!"

VideoGameCarnage
A YouTuber, and lovably radical streamist, happens to also be a big fan of 'Gray Matter: "Jane Jensen is on fine form in this often overlooked point and click adventure game for both newcomers and seasoned veterans alike. An evocative story, gorgeous artwork, and a haunting soundtrack contribute to an overall amazing experience. It also contains the only Street Magician known to humankind that I don't want to repeatedly punch in the face."

Piran Jade enjoys many things. Those include 90's cRPG, jRPGs, Hoppity Hops and Creatures Exodus. Like, a whole lot. "Creatures Exodus is THE sandbox-virtual life sim for me. You set the goals yourself, you modify the world with all the great user-created content out there, and do whatever you want. Want to breed colourful Norns? Do it. Longliving? Fighters? Illness-resistant? Go for it. Or just let the game run overnight and have a look the next day at what happened. By the way: Creating a proper biome can be just as exciting as breeding Norns. You can also breed Grendels, or Ettins, or rainbow sharks..."

TheWeekendSlice
For him, Gemini Rue is a winner. "A mysterious tale that will have you take charge of two separate characters: Azriel Odin, an ex-assassin on a dangerous mission on the planet Barracus, and a man called Delta-Six who wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Best played on a rainy Sunday with a nice, hot cup of tea in hand, this is a sci-fi point & click must-have; a pitch perfect blend of Blade Runner, Noir and Orwell’s 1984 with amazing retro style graphics, phenomenal sound design and voice acting."

Outstar
She's a game dev, concept artist, animator - and even pitched in on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Unsure sure if she's a vampire or zombie, Outstar recommends Theme Hospital: "This is probably the worst game to educate your children about healthcare. As a 6 year old, I was sure hydrocephalus can be treated with a head-popping machine. Thanks, Theme Hospital! Arguably the best "Theme" game ever made, making shooting rats and kicking patients out of hospital viable ways to get awards for Best Hospital In Town. Must-have."

<span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span> is an awesome collection of titles, by a team of even awesomer streamers including Classicor, PantslessAaron, E___A, Donis, Reitanna, RerezTV, ArvanEleron and Unraveller. Pick and choose your favorite games at 50-75% off until Tuesday, October 20, 3:59 AM GMT, join us on Twitch.tv/GOGcom, and check out the hilarious first episode of the StreamTeam highlight reel:

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AhjqpEKxXWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited October 16, 2015 by Konrad
Flaose: Anecdotally, everyone I 've talked to feels SR3 is the best of the series. It's absolutely over the top, but in a fun and hilarious way. Of the PC versions, SR3 also has the highest score on Metacritic.
So if you're only going to get one of them, I would recommend you get SR3.
Hey, thanks Flaose :)
Crosmando: Watching other people play games? I don't think I will ever understand the appeal of this.
A lot of people like watching other people play. For instance, there's a lot of people who like to watch other people play football.

I think it's a bit like watching horror movies - Some people loves it, while others simply doesn't get it.

Anyhow, I'm buying Theme Hospital. Played it once and really liked it.
Post edited October 17, 2015 by KasperHviid
Crosmando: Watching other people play games? I don't think I will ever understand the appeal of this.
KasperHviid: For instance, there's a lot of people who like to watch other people play football.
Very different, seeing as playing sports actually requires you to be in decent shape, and be in some sort of minor league. Pretty much anyone can play a video game on equal footing.
Post edited October 17, 2015 by Crosmando
KasperHviid: For instance, there's a lot of people who like to watch other people play football.
Crosmando: Very different, seeing as playing sports actually requires you to be in decent shape, and be in some sort of minor league. Pretty much anyone can play a video game on equal footing.
Go play Starcraft with a Korean pro and let's see how quickly you take back this ignorant comment
Crosmando: Very different, seeing as playing sports actually requires you to be in decent shape, and be in some sort of minor league. Pretty much anyone can play a video game on equal footing.
IwubCheeze: Go play Starcraft with a Korean pro and let's see how quickly you take back this ignorant comment
What does that have to do with anything? Anyone can play Starcraft decently without much effort, it's not a complex game. Actually constantly keeping yourself in good physical shape to play [physical] sports even at the LOWEST competitive level requires a lot of work, not to mention the level that professionals on TV play at.
I don't think the pleasure of watching other people play is dependent on them being on a much higher level than yourself. It is more about having an empatic connection with their gaming experience.
IwubCheeze: Go play Starcraft with a Korean pro and let's see how quickly you take back this ignorant comment
Crosmando: What does that have to do with anything? Anyone can play Starcraft decently without much effort, it's not a complex game. Actually constantly keeping yourself in good physical shape to play [physical] sports even at the LOWEST competitive level requires a lot of work, not to mention the level that professionals on TV play at.
I'm guessing you haven't heard of professional gaming then.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, have you ever played any online games? If you have then you should be able to see the skill difference between players. I know I can tell when I'm up against a seasoned player and one you haven't figured out how a keyboard works
Post edited October 17, 2015 by IwubCheeze
Crosmando: What does that have to do with anything? Anyone can play Starcraft decently without much effort, it's not a complex game. Actually constantly keeping yourself in good physical shape to play [physical] sports even at the LOWEST competitive level requires a lot of work, not to mention the level that professionals on TV play at.
IwubCheeze: I'm guessing you haven't heard of professional gaming then.
Of course I have, but there's a whole lot of difference between being quick with buttons/macros playing Starcraft and becoming a professional athlete. Not to mention that you seem to be implying that only multiplayer games matter.
How about chess? It's also just a game, right? Can everybody play that at the same level without much effort?
Zoidberg: Some people do, yeah... damn abandonware sites and stupid people. :P
Oh right. Actually, most good abandonware sites take games down if they get a legit re-release but I don't doubt that there are bad ones. I thought you were making reference to some particular controversy specific to Theme Hospital, like maybe some one was kicking up a fuss about it on these forums.
IwubCheeze: I'm guessing you haven't heard of professional gaming then.
Crosmando: Of course I have, but there's a whole lot of difference between being quick with buttons/macros playing Starcraft and becoming a professional athlete.
There's more to professional gaming than being quick with the mouse just like there's more to being an athlete than being in good physical shape. Problem solving, reflexes, awareness of your surroundings, awareness of how the situation changes, being able to respond to those changes, understanding the opposition among others are required for both professional gaming and sports for instance.

Let's add a third. How about Chess? You don't need to be physical powerhouse for chess and the rules aren't complicated which means anyone can be a chess pro right? At least that would be case is chess didn't have a lot of brain work involved.
stryx: How about chess? It's also just a game, right? Can everybody play that at the same level without much effort?
damn, you ninja'd me :P
Post edited October 17, 2015 by IwubCheeze
Oh no, not another discussion about "why watching other play" and "e-sports are not sport"...
-_-'
stryx: How about chess? It's also just a game, right? Can everybody play that at the same level without much effort?
Everyone has roughly the same cognitive ability, you sit down at a computer and play a game, the method of input is exactly the same for everyone.

On the other hand if you got an overweight out of shape guy to play a game of soccer against someone who is in shape and not overweight, the result would be obvious.
IwubCheeze: There's more to professional gaming than being quick with the mouse just like there's more to being an athlete than being in good physical shape. Problem solving, reflexes, awareness of your surroundings, awareness of how the situation changes, being able to respond to those changes, understanding the opposition among others are required for both professional gaming and sports for instance.
Doesn't really change the reality that a fat slob on his computer can't be a soccer pro but he can be a "pro gamer", does it? Basic dexterity, reflexes and awareness are something that every human [without disability] on this planet has as default.
Let's add a third. How about Chess? You don't need to be physical powerhouse for chess and the rules aren't complicated which means anyone can be a chess pro right? At least that would be case is chess didn't have a lot of brain work involved.
Anyone can play chess with minimal preparation, if they know the rules. Can some people play really "well" by being able to calculate the possible permutations of future turns, sure, but it's not really any different from any number of cognitive tests or games which are not considered sports.

Even a "pro" Chess player and ESPECIALLY a pro gamer can get thrown by an opponent waaaaaaay below their skill level if they do something unorthodox or just get lucky. While a person who is overweight/out of shape literally has zero chance of being anything other than completely useless in physical sport.
phaolo: Oh no, not another discussion about "why watching other play" and "e-sports are not sport"...
-_-'
This isn't the first time? How did I miss them all then? I see a lot of "I hate Steam" type threads in the general discussion but I never saw this being discussed (though I have seen it discussed on other forums).

Looks like this calls for a different method of responding then

Crosmando: Everyone has roughly the same cognitive ability, you sit down at a computer and play a game, the method of input is exactly the same for everyone.

On the other hand if you got an overweight out of shape guy to play a game of soccer against someone who is in shape and not overweight, the result would be obvious.
Yeah, the overweight guy would win. All he would need to do is plug the net with his big chunky buttocks and everytime the athletic guy tried to shoot the ball into the net, there's a chance the ball will rebound off the chunky guys belly into the other net.

If not, just keep letting the athletic guy pointlessly try and get the ball into the net and when he runs out of steam and collapses on the ground, the chunky guy can just sit on his head and win the game. He'll only get a yellow card after all.

Moral of the story is cookie eating and coke guzzling skills are far more useful than being athletic