It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: Not sure, but I think this is actually quite clever spam (preserved in the attachment for posterity).

I find it highly unlikely it's a genuine post (particularly as it's necroing an old thread) but it's a bit cleverer than your usual spam post...
Fillary: wtf?
Sorry, looks like I was mistaken. I didn't recognise your account, and with the low rep and recent join date, coupled with an odd post linking another website I thought it might be a spam bot account.
And now we're getting spam for HP printing support lines... doing a quick look for the phone number and saw the number was listed under phone scams.
Fillary: wtf?
adaliabooks: Sorry, looks like I was mistaken. I didn't recognise your account, and with the low rep and recent join date, coupled with an odd post linking another website I thought it might be a spam bot account.
i guess all newbies here considered like spammers
adaliabooks: Sorry, looks like I was mistaken. I didn't recognise your account, and with the low rep and recent join date, coupled with an odd post linking another website I thought it might be a spam bot account.
Fillary: i guess all newbies here considered like spammers
No, just the ones who post odd posts linking external websites.
If I'd recognised the account as someone who posted (I didn't, I've never seen or heard of you before) I'd have ignored it, but coupled with the other factors it looked like spam.
deleted
Fillary: i guess all newbies here considered like spammers
adaliabooks: No, just the ones who post odd posts linking external websites.
If I'd recognised the account as someone who posted (I didn't, I've never seen or heard of you before) I'd have ignored it, but coupled with the other factors it looked like spam.
You know, instead of shooting first...you could ask questions. Like maybe try conversing with them? Just a simply reply and maybe you'll find it out it's not an advertiser. OTOH, even if there's not a response it doesn't have to be because they're an advertiser.

I understand this a gaming forum and so the common experience is probably that hesitation leads to loss of life in a game, but out here in this forum it's a bit closer to real life than a game.

Sometimes I think all those zombie movies are from authors who are using an excuse to write a story venting there emotions about everyone else on the planet dragging them down, and that there's no point to try to establish a relationship so just shoot and hack at everything. Maybe sooner rather than later we'll get the movies of a bare butt like everyone was watching within that movie "Idiocracy", so there's not interaction at all.
NES is laughing his ass off right now.

Tauto is backing him up.

Swatkatt is dancing a jig.

And GOG is doing nothing about any of it.

I have an idea. Lets build a wall around the forum and make Steam pay for it! :P
Post edited September 07, 2016 by tinyE
thomq: You know, instead of shooting first...you could ask questions. Like maybe try conversing with them? Just a simply reply and maybe you'll find it out it's not an advertiser. OTOH, even if there's not a response it doesn't have to be because they're an advertiser.

I understand this a gaming forum and so the common experience is probably that hesitation leads to loss of life in a game, but out here in this forum it's a bit closer to real life than a game.

Sometimes I think all those zombie movies are from authors who are using an excuse to write a story venting there emotions about everyone else on the planet dragging them down, and that there's no point to try to establish a relationship so just shoot and hack at everything. Maybe sooner rather than later we'll get the movies of a bare butt like everyone was watching within that movie "Idiocracy", so there's not interaction at all.
Honestly? Still not sure it's not a spam account. I've googled his posts on the forum (all eight or nine) and at least three randomly link to other sites (not even well known ones, nothing I particularly recognised) and the rest were one liners.
Looks very much like a non bot spam account to me. And even if it's not, the post I flagged up was fairly spammy anyway.

And I didn't shoot first, I reported it (with the caveat that I may be wrong) in the thread where spam posts are reported, where someone could post to support the account and say they were a genuine user. Why would I waste time talking to account I believe is probably a bot?
Spam .

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/i_have_just_finshed_my_first_rougelike_am_thinking_of_buying_minecraft_should_probably_p/post55
tinyE: NES is laughing his ass off right now.

Tauto is backing him up.

Swatkatt is dancing a jig.

And GOG is doing nothing about any of it.

I have an idea. Lets build a wall around the forum and make Steam pay for it! :P
First we have to resurrect Erich Honecker and therefore we need the Necronimicon!!
low rated
need help to get rid of this scammer spam shit:

spam post
apehater: need help to get rid of this scammer spam shit:

spam post
swatkat: Be aware gog moderators this guy is trading german gifts which voids the policy of his account ;)
This here is gunsynd's account, apparently handed to another person and therefore renamed. Take care and watch out. :)
low rated
swatkat: What you do is ILLEGAL
I didn't believe you at first, but any doubt I had was instantly erased from your use of CAPS, bold, and underline.
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Kleetus
low rated
swatkat: What you do is ILLEGAL
Kleetus: I didn't believe you at first, but any doubt I had was instantly erased from your use of CAPS, bold, and underline.
Thats the point ! :)
Kleetus you rock.
swatkat has Kleetus' support.

Well I guess we need to give up trying to oust him. The mountains of evidence we have, the countless logs of cheats, scams, and forum violations, not counting the fact that his very membership is illegal; that's all meaningless when someone is friends with such a highly respected and admired forum member as Kleetus. :D
Post edited October 03, 2016 by tinyE