It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for the response re: Daedalic & German language packs. Glad to know my memory wasn't entirely faulty in that regard. And yes, an ugly and obnoxious business, that.
IAmSinistar: Thanks for the response re: Daedalic & German language packs. Glad to know my memory wasn't entirely faulty in that regard. And yes, an ugly and obnoxious business, that.
To be honest I use almost every possibility to rant about Daedalic. But yeah I got pissed not only by the things they are doing but also since they were very unpolite and telling me that I was just a cheap skate buying their games at dumping prices as reason why they were unpolite -.-
IAmSinistar: Ah, I thought they were infamous for not providing the German translations. Perhaps that was someone else. Or folks were highly upset at these two omissions.
Grargar: It was Daedalic alright. Deponia 3 initially shipped without the German language (and the game was released 1 month later on GOG than other stores) and was added months later. When asked why Chains of Satinav and Memoria were released on GOG without German language, Daedalic gave two different explanations:

1) There is no regional pricing in GOG (Obviously, not true anymore)
2) Deep Silver holds the rights for the German language, since they are distributing the retail versions in Germany (That doesn't explain, though, why Steam has German for both games).
The Retail version needs Steam. The GOG-Version is the only drm-free one available.

IAmSinistar: Thanks for the response re: Daedalic & German language packs. Glad to know my memory wasn't entirely faulty in that regard. And yes, an ugly and obnoxious business, that.
moonshineshadow: To be honest I use almost every possibility to rant about Daedalic. But yeah I got pissed not only by the things they are doing but also since they were very unpolite and telling me that I was just a cheap skate buying their games at dumping prices as reason why they were unpolite -.-
Well In that case you have every right to pissed about them. What dickish behaviour from them.
Post edited March 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
Grargar: It was Daedalic alright. Deponia 3 initially shipped without the German language (and the game was released 1 month later on GOG than other stores) and was added months later. When asked why Chains of Satinav and Memoria were released on GOG without German language, Daedalic gave two different explanations:

1) There is no regional pricing in GOG (Obviously, not true anymore)
2) Deep Silver holds the rights for the German language, since they are distributing the retail versions in Germany (That doesn't explain, though, why Steam has German for both games).
ElTerprise: The Retail version needs Steam. The GOG-Version is the only drm-free one available.
That is not completely true. Chains of Satinav retail needs steam. Memoria retail not :-)

And Chains of Satinav is now also available at other sources DRMfree with the german language pack:
https://store.adventuregamers.com/products/view/the_dark_eye_chains_of_satinav

So in the end, Daedalic just does not care about gog costumers.
Post edited March 24, 2015 by moonshineshadow
ElTerprise: The Retail version needs Steam. The GOG-Version is the only drm-free one available.
The thing is that nowhere on Steam is it mentioned that Deep Silver has anything to do with the games; they are depicted as being self-published by Daedalic.
moonshineshadow: That is not completely true. Chains of Satinav retail needs steam. Memoria retail not :-)

And Chains of Satinav is now also available at other sources DRMfree with the german language pack:
https://store.adventuregamers.com/products/view/the_dark_eye_chains_of_satinav
Then there is actually no excuse for not having the german versions on GOG.

Edit: I may need to talk to them in person as they are based in Hamburg ;).
Post edited March 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
What a great set of upcoming games, huh? Heard about Armello not so long ago and it seems so kickass.
But I'm keeping my eye on Dead Sync, that's for sure. Day one! :D
So, Worlds of Magic. Did you call and let everyone know you would be late?
IAmSinistar: So, Worlds of Magic. Did you call and let everyone know you would be late?
Well, it called us as in I talked to one of the guys over the phone. Does that count? :)

Let's just say that it's coming but we all want to make sure the GOG launch of the game is the best launch ever :D
JudasIscariot: Well, it called us as in I talked to one of the guys over the phone. Does that count? :)
Not if you don't pass it along to us. ;)

JudasIscariot: Let's just say that it's coming but we all want to make sure the GOG launch of the game is the best launch ever :D
Pretty tall order, given some of the recent launches of new publishers. I think to top that you're going to have to hand deliver fresh pie to each of us. ;D
JudasIscariot: Well, it called us as in I talked to one of the guys over the phone. Does that count? :)
IAmSinistar: Not if you don't pass it along to us. ;)
But I just did :P

I ain't going to hand deliver anything buuuut I do know that the awesomeness of 2015 hasn't stopped. It has only just begun! I really think 2015 is going to be our best year ever :D
JudasIscariot: I ain't going to hand deliver anything buuuut I do know that the awesomeness of 2015 hasn't stopped. It has only just begun! I really think 2015 is going to be our best year ever :D
Why you teasing bastard! :D
JudasIscariot: I ain't going to hand deliver anything buuuut I do know that the awesomeness of 2015 hasn't stopped. It has only just begun! I really think 2015 is going to be our best year ever :D
Grargar: Why you teasing bastard! :D
Dude, if I ever get an email from someone high up saying "tell the community this, that, and the other thing" I'll do it. Until then, ain't no breaking this NDA :P
JudasIscariot: But I just did :P
Well sure, but would you have if I hadn't said something? :)

Will be nice indeed. I sincerely hope it proves to be so, both as a GOG-fan and as a gamer.
You tease! For some reason, I'm inclined to believe you though.