It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
mrkgnao: Interesting statistic:

The numbers 91 and 92 (presumably posted primarily by galaxy users) appear 56 times in this thread (including replies).
The number 404 (presumably posted primarily by offline installer users) appears 18 times in this thread (including replies).

P.S. Explanation:
People who use galaxy will have experienced the current issues primarily as a download stuck at 91-92%.
People who download offline installers will have experienced the current issues primarily as a 404 error.

Hence my observation, which might imply --- or not --- that (very roughly) about 3/4 of GOG's user base uses galaxy.
Anothername: The three titles I tried with Galaxy (Sunblaze, Sigma Theory and Amnesia) flat out stopped instantly; immediate "Download failed" message.
Thank you. That (as well as some people now reporting 90 instead of 91-92) means that --- for what it's worth --- the 3/4 estimate is probably even a low estimate.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by mrkgnao
CappahUK: its not a GOG key if you have to play it through amazon or link your amazon account to GOG
SargonAelther: Amazon gives away games for:
Their Own Platform
Legacy Games
Steam
Epic
GOG
Origin/EA
Many others.

Some games and in-game junk requires linking, while some grant keys. GOG games grant keys, therefore no linking is involved. Even if there was linking, the game itself, as well as its setup, would remain DRM-Free on GOG.

Lately Amazon seem to have abandoned EA, Epic and Steam, focusing on their own paltform, Legacy games and GOG, I suspect to promote the relatively-recently-launched Amazon Prime service in Poland.
Cheers mate. I checked if Revita has a GOG code but gutted to find out its just a download for the amazon app. I will look out for the GOG keys. Thanks.
CappahUK: its not a GOG key if you have to play it through amazon or link your amazon account to GOG
SargonAelther: Amazon gives away games for:
Their Own Platform
Legacy Games
Steam
Epic
GOG
Origin/EA
Many others.

Some games and in-game junk requires linking, while some grant keys. GOG games grant keys, therefore no linking is involved. Even if there was linking, the game itself, as well as its setup, would remain DRM-Free on GOG.

Lately Amazon seem to have abandoned EA, Epic and Steam, focusing on their own paltform, Legacy games and GOG, I suspect to promote the relatively-recently-launched Amazon Prime service in Poland.
Do you know how I would get Revita to run on GOG, its a free game on Amazon right now and I would love to play it through GOG. It's a great game!
Post edited July 22, 2023 by CappahUK
CappahUK: Cheers mate. I checked if Revita has a GOG code but gutted to find out its just a download for the amazon app. I will look out for the GOG keys. Thanks.
<...>
Do you know how I would get Revita to run on GOG, its a free game on Amazon right now and I would love to play it through GOG. It's a great game!
Revita is tied to Amazon's own platform/launcher (crown icon). They are not giving out a GOG key for it.
The only GOG game they are giving away at the moment is Prey (GOG icon), but this will end literally tomorrow, so hurry up if you've not picked it up yet.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by SargonAelther
CappahUK: Cheers mate. I checked if Revita has a GOG code but gutted to find out its just a download for the amazon app. I will look out for the GOG keys. Thanks.
<...>
SargonAelther: Revita is tied to Amazon's own platform/launcher (crown icon). They are not giving out a GOG key for it.
The only GOG game they are giving away at the moment is Prey (GOG icon), but this will end literally tomorrow, so hurry up if you've not picked it up yet.
cheers mate! I'll grab that now, I think it will send my old ass PC into meltdown though lol but good to have! thanks
Why did they remove the notification about this issue from the storefront. The problem still persists. installation failing constantly.
Maybe the marketing team told them to get rid of it... They should keep it on the homepage until issues are fully resolved.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by SargonAelther
Just imagine if this happens on Steam
Kenoba: Why did they remove the notification about this issue from the storefront. The problem still persists. installation failing constantly.
Maybe they thought that:

there's a problem = there's a notification

and

if there's no problem = there's no notification

then

if there's no notification = there is no problem
Kenoba: Why did they remove the notification about this issue from the storefront. The problem still persists. installation failing constantly.
"Our sales would plummet":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oyCXhiwulk&amp;t=145s
Magnitus: It's ok, I'll create a "Happy's Humble Burger Farm download links are broken" thread in the main forum starting Monday and keep bumping it up. It will be a permanent fixture of their forums until they fix it. I'll do that with every single game that breaks from now on.

I encourage others to do the same with games that can't be downloaded properly.

I can't be bothered with Zowie anymore. The support system is broken.
mrkgnao: Let me know when you do. I just started a full update and will report findings in your thread.
Whoa! Do not surprise me they did not fix anything
Thats their incompetent style

While I empathize with everyone here
(How the fck cant I?!!
Im suffering the fcking outage/service disruption as well since 2 days ago!!)
I consider your approach wrong. As I stated here:

gog.com/forum/general/cannot_download_offline_backup_installers/post23

This already goes beyond a company-customer thing
Why? because GOG doesnt give the appropiate priority to our complains
Proved not only here, but several times in the past

My proposal: Time to engage authorities to enforce law
After all, we are not asking for favors,
we are asking our customer & property rights to be preserved...
Article 17-Right to property
Article 38-Consumer protection

I insist: European citizens,
please contact your Dispute resolution bodies. Ask for assistance!
ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.adr.show2
mrkgnao: Let me know when you do. I just started a full update and will report findings in your thread.
tag+: Whoa! Do not surprise me they did not fix anything

(How the fck cant I?!!

Well, in order to report the issue anywhere, one needs to collect evidence as to what files are affected (or at least how many), which is what I am doing now.

P.S. After checking a quarter of my library, I have 261 failing files.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by mrkgnao
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
When will this be fixed as I got a code for the witcher 3 complete edition, just to find that the download gets stuck at 92%.
Tried downloading this twice on galaxy and the gog website with no success. It was upsetting to not be able to play my new game or anything else in my library.
Apparently something has changed, indeed. The yesterday's Battle Brothers 1.08 GB update finally was completed properly. I had it stopped at 94 per cent since yersterday night
tag+: Whoa! Do not surprise me they did not fix anything

(How the fck cant I?!!

mrkgnao: Well, in order to report the issue anywhere, one needs to collect evidence as to what files are affected (or at least how many), which is what I am doing now.
Indeed, thanks mrkgnao!. You both could help to trigger massive evidence
I collected some tiny manual here:

gog.com/forum/general/cannot_download_offline_backup_installers/post22

Under the ticket 1536265
explicitly requesting there:
1) Solve the offline installer files service disruption ASAP to the given cases
2) GOG make sure there are not other offline installer files having service disruption
3) Share to me the service level agreement information about recovery times and/or compensations for outages and/or service disruptions like this one
4) Share to me the service level agreement information about the status pages and/or massive communication ways to check the avalability of your services, and/or ongoing outages/service-disruptions and the Estimated Time to Recover them (ETR)

And at the moment, still waiting for any contact from GOG on those requests...
016R35: Just imagine if this happens on Steam
It wouldn't. Steam was built from the ground up back in the 00s, off the back of the 90s need to overengineer everything. Not to mention, when you have a former Microsoft employee at the helm, there's probably some automation and deployment ideas drilled into your head because who wants to reimage the nth Vista or ME image manually? Just type a vague command in the general direction of the intranet and poof, the computer automagically reboots and reinstalls.

Imagine a few square km blinking out of existence in Flight Simulator. That's the sort of level we're at.

A lot of people probably wouldn't notice. But if it takes out a square of a city, or someone's home? They're going to raise a fuss.

Of course, in the case of either hypothetical here, there's an employee watching an automated panel of images that they only have to kick if the automatic redundancies & backups fail.

(Course, neither of them take weekends off, but that's a bit moot.)

Zork Zero - The Revenge of Megaboz - MIA.
Zork III - The Dungeon Master - MIA
Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) - MIA
Xenonauts Patch 1.65 (LINUX) - MIA
X-Com: Apocalypse - MIA
Worms Forts: Under Siege - MIA
WHAT THE GOLF? (LINUX, MAC) - MIA
Wallace and Gromit's Episode 4 The Bogey Man - MIA
Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition (INSTALLER STUB & BINARY) - MIA
Ultima™ Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dream (MAC) - MIA
Ultima™ Underworld II (WIN, MAC) - MIA
Ultima™ Underworld I (MAC) - MIA

That's one page of 5 of my 400 games.