It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gremlion: Western portraying of Chechen war.
After bandit removal this region is quite peaceful with close to 100% pro-russian support.
Still doesn't help the Islam vs Christianity tensions.

Gremlion: Remove sanctions, we would remove embargo. It is that simple.
You really don't get how world economy works, do you? It affects your economy just as negatively as it affects others, so while you think "Gee, we are cool badasses for doing this" in reality you are starving your own people and driving the rubble to depreciate even more.

Gremlion: This thing is way deeper than portrayed here. While some of the adoptions were good, many of them were children slave trading. One of my friends worked for 4 years to return abducted child which was adopted into Spain through shady scheme.
Yes, "ill childrens". Remember, that Russia is corrupt, it isn't hard to buy false papers about near-death status.
Sorry, but how is Spain related to the US? You're really good at pulling strawmen, aren't you? Fun fact, adoptions by Spain are still allowed, yet US adoptions aren't. How deep can one's ego can go? Putin's can cover the entire Mariana Trench by now.

Gremlion: What exactly wikipedia proves?
"Someone" adds article "Russia attacks Ukraine", admin "yep, I see this in TV, so it is true".
Year passed, there are still no satellite photos of Russians invading Ukraine.
Oh, but you're missing the entire point, just like I expected you to do. Putin indirectly supports rebels, and once they do his dirty work, he just takes over the region by placing military there. Having your military there makes the actual military forces of Ukraine incapable of taking back their rightful territory.

Gremlion: Look, for things being constructive, you shouldn't teach me about how bad I'm living according to your TV portraying of Russia.
The sheer assumption that I watch news on TV is stupid. I stopped watching TV years ago. The internet, both surface and deep web, is a better source of information, and I trust what I've seen. You can deny it all you want, your leaders are a broken mess and you only encourage their nonsense. There are bad sources, and then there are good ones. All it takes is the careful time to get tot he truthful ones, and I've found quite a few that are reliable.

Gremlion: If you don't understand "Why I see in TV X and they do Y instead of Z", ask.
I don't watch TV. I'm smarter than that. Maybe you should do the same, especially in Russia where propaganda is the main weapon of politicians.

Gremlion: I don't see abuse and violations of my rights. Yes, I would've liked more hard fight corruption, but things still better than ten years ago. Nothing stops me from joining government and working on changes to better. I plan to do it in 5-7 years.
Oh, so this is what is about? Abuse. It is not abuse per se as you want to see it, it is control of the population. Totalitarian type of control. Putin does to you what US did to its own people during the Spanish-American wars. Total misinformation and wrong portrayal of history in order to increase your nationalism to further support expansionist efforts. Your government controls so much I wouldn't be surprised if Putin dabbled with eugenics by now in order to increase efficiency of working population. Stalin used some type of eugenics. I don't see why Putin wouldn't.
Post edited March 01, 2015 by HijacK
HijacK: Still doesn't help the Islam vs Christianity tensions.
Because there are none? We live with muslims for 1000 years without mutual harassment.
Man, in my 30 years I had only one talk about Islam. My muslim friend asked me "Do you know what is this?" about surah on his neck and I was ashamed that I didn't.
HijacK: You really don't get how world economy works, do you? It affects your economy just as negatively as it affects others, so while you think "Gee, we are cool badasses for doing this" in reality you are starving your own people and driving the rubble to depreciate even more.
How exactly not spending dollars to buy some sorts of cheese drives rouble or starve population? As for starvation... We replace EU goods with goods from countries which didn't implement sanctions.
Although it seems that Greece's embargo would be lifted soon, they are trying to not self-harm for the glory of US.
HijacK: Sorry, but how is Spain related to the US? You're really good at pulling strawmen, aren't you? Fun fact, adoptions by Spain are still allowed, yet US adoptions aren't. How deep can one's ego can go? Putin's can cover the entire Mariana Trench by now.
Both are foreign countries for Russia. I mentioned the case I know about. US adopted more children than Spain by using the same schemes.
HijacK: Oh, but you're missing the entire point, just like I expected you to do. Putin indirectly supports rebels, and once they do his dirty work, he just takes over the region by placing military there. Having your military there makes the actual military forces of Ukraine incapable of taking back their rightful territory.
You're missing the entire point - region belongs to local population which revolted against rebels in Kiev backed by US.
Kiev doesn't have any moral rights on territory, and thus their army flees from fighting in thousands.
HijacK: The sheer assumption that I watch news on TV is stupid. I stopped watching TV years ago. The internet, both surface and deep web, is a better source of information, and I trust what I've seen. You can deny it all you want, your leaders are a broken mess and you only encourage their nonsense. There are bad sources, and then there are good ones. All it takes is the careful time to get tot he truthful ones, and I've found quite a few that are reliable.
I don't watch TV. I'm smarter than that. Maybe you should do the same, especially in Russia where propaganda is the main weapon of politicians.
Blah-blah-blah. Look, for things being constructive, you shouldn't teach me about how bad I'm living according to your internetz portraying of Russia. If you don't understand "Why I see in internetz X and they do Y instead of Z", ask.

You cherrypicked sources which are comfortable for your point of view but they don't match to real life as you still don't understand what happens.

HijacK: Oh, so this is what is about? Abuse. It is not abuse per se as you want to see it, it is control of the population. Totalitarian type of control. Putin does to you what US did to its own people during the Spanish-American wars. Total misinformation and wrong portrayal of history in order to increase your nationalism to further support expansionist efforts. Your government controls so much I wouldn't be surprised if Putin dabbled with eugenics by now in order to increase efficiency of working population. Stalin used some type of eugenics. I don't see why Putin wouldn't.
You should stop using whatever you are using to get high.
Gremlion: You cherrypicked sources which are comfortable for your point of view but they don't match to real life as you still don't understand what happens.
Same applies to you, though I actually believe you understand - which makes it even worse.
Gremlion: You cherrypicked sources which are comfortable for your point of view but they don't match to real life as you still don't understand what happens.
Siannah: Same applies to you, though I actually believe you understand - which makes it even worse.
I'm not cherrypicking sources. I use 2 news aggregation sites and read originals if possible then related articles, then comments for discussions/links/laugh.

My conclusions have better match to reality.
I predicted gas war, said that militants would counterattack and they actually won. Twice.
My claims about Donbass being main Ukrainian region, which Xensavage tried to disprove also fit better to reality.
Hryvna now lost 400%+ of its cost
My words that Kiev's government is in no way democratic also regularly confirmed. Now their government proposed law, in short - protesting would result in 3 years sentence.
http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=54167
Download file Проект Закону 24.02.2015
and google translate.
Siannah: Same applies to you, though I actually believe you understand - which makes it even worse.
Look at me:
http://i.imgur.com/bvcsUhw.jpg
According to things I have read in this topic someone like me, male in his best form, should have died on Ukraine twice due to secret mobilization of my government.
I shouldn't be able to do any physical activity due to starvation.
I shouldn't be able to buy interesting equipment for my hobby - I shouldn't be able to know about it due to censorship and not having money.
I shouldn't be able to get education, I ne govorit angliisky?
And even if I somehow would get it, I would be instantly killed by angry mob for having something "from outside world" due to strong intolerance in Russia.
Gremlion: My words that Kiev's government is in no way democratic also regularly confirmed. Now their government proposed law, in short - protesting would result in 3 years sentence.
and google translate.
Just for odd case if someone would actually believe you - It says that public humiliation of Ukraine as a state and public shows of separatism are considered as a criminal offense, no more no less. The only case when what you're saying would be remotely correct is if that so called protest would try to capture official buildings and demand to join another country. By your logic Russia should be considered absolutely fascist state, as it has exactly identical law (http://www.rg.ru/2013/12/30/uk-izm-dok.html) with a bit more harsh measures. Not to mention that people merely wearing t-shirts with UA symbolic in Moscow can get arrested with no reason whatsoever, but i'm pretty sure you know that perfectly well and just being a huge asshole.
Gremlion: My words that Kiev's government is in no way democratic also regularly confirmed. Now their government proposed law, in short - protesting would result in 3 years sentence.
and google translate.
XenSavage: Just for odd case if someone would actually believe you - It says that public humiliation of Ukraine as a state and public shows of separatism are considered as a criminal offense, no more no less. The only case when what you're saying would be remotely correct is if that so called protest would try to capture official buildings and demand to join another country. By your logic Russia should be considered absolutely fascist state, as it has exactly identical law (http://www.rg.ru/2013/12/30/uk-izm-dok.html) with a bit more harsh measures. Not to mention that people merely wearing t-shirts with UA symbolic in Moscow can get arrested with no reason whatsoever, but i'm pretty sure you know that perfectly well and just being a huge asshole.
Linked law: Public calls for action aimed at violating the territorial integrity of the Russian Federation.
Calls for riot with forming independent state.

Your law.
Socially dangerous illegal acts that infringe on the authority of Ukraine as a sovereign state, public vilification, abuse, defilement or other actions aimed at undermining the authority of the state government, local government and civic Ukraine and / or cynical, contempt and rejection as certain structural elements of the system of public administration (its relevant authorities) and the state as a whole, which in the future may entail a violation of established social norms and rules of social and political system and life

Basically, everything -
attempt to block road - "abuse of certain element of civic Ukraine"
"Remove Gontareva" - "Rejection of administration"

As for t-shirts... You can find some familiar things here http://lenta.ru/articles/2015/03/01/nemtsov/
Post edited March 01, 2015 by Gremlion
Gremlion: attempt to block road - "abuse of certain element of civic Ukraine"
"Remove Gontareva" - "Rejection of administration"
that's pure speculation on your side. For those who have trouble understanding written text there are explanations in same link _you_ have provided in separate documents.

Gremlion: As for t-shirts... You can find some familiar things here http://lenta.ru/articles/2015/03/01/nemtsov/
yep, that's the one when one of ukrainians was arrested - http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/03/1/7060121/
XenSavage: yep, that's the one when one of ukrainians was arrested - http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/03/1/7060121/
He participated in mass murdering in Odessa.
XenSavage: yep, that's the one when one of ukrainians was arrested - http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/03/1/7060121/
Gremlion: He participated in mass murdering in Odessa.
If that's the case for his arrest why:
1. he was released: http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/03/1/7060146/ ?
2. And incriminated only with administrative offense (allegedly disobeying to police requests) - http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/03/1/7060147/ ?
Post edited March 01, 2015 by XenSavage
Wow, it's shocking to see how some Russians here are believing the propaganda for real, I thought most Russians with contact to the rest of the world wouldn't take the stuff they are served at home serious at all.
Wake up, guys. Your media is completely under control, everything is censored, reporters that are not willing to hide the truth are imprisoned all the time, your leaders are all KGB/FSB and you still believe anything they say... blows my mind.

Your leaders are the bad guys just as they were in WW2 alongside the Nazis and afterwards, I was born in a Soviet prison state that (thank heavens) does not exist anymore, face it.
Don't ever believe anything a controlled media is telling you and stop defending genocidal homophobic lying invaders / murderers. I don't want to count the Russian population to the truly evil ones too while their leaders are for sure.
Klumpen0815: Wow, it's shocking to see how some Russians here are believing the propaganda for real, I thought most Russians with contact to the rest of the world wouldn't take the stuff they are served at home serious at all.
Wake up, guys. Your media is completely under control, everything is censored, reporters that are not willing to hide the truth are imprisoned all the time, your leaders are all KGB/FSB and you still believe anything they say... blows my mind.

Your leaders are the bad guys just as they were in WW2 alongside the Nazis and afterwards, I was born in a Soviet prison state that (thank heavens) does not exist anymore, face it.
Don't ever believe anything a controlled media is telling you and stop defending genocidal homophobic lying invaders / murderers. I don't want to count the Russian population to the truly evil ones too while their leaders are for sure.
Hey, many Russians still consider Stalin to be a great hero, what can you expect?
dudalb: Hey, many Russians still consider Stalin to be a great hero, what can you expect?
They do? Oh dear...

Well, I'm living amongst many ex Russians and those are probably the more sensible ones (although sadly way too fond of alcohol for my taste).
Stalin even managed to beat Hitler's body count multiple times.
Klumpen0815: They do? Oh dear...
Yeah, already a whole bunch of years ago I read about stalinism regaining popularity there, Stalin being celebrated as a national hero by disturbingly large numbers of Russians again etc..
I've not posted on this thread for ages so have only had time to read the last few pages.

The thing that jumped out at me were the number of people expressing how naive the Russian's are for believing the country's propaganda in all forms of media.

Let's redress the balance here. I'm from the UK and political and corporations have a huge influence on the media and what they would like people to believe.

This isn't necessarily a view on the problems in Ukraine but merely to highlight that it's in fact naive of the western population to look down their collective noses at Russian propaganda.