It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tag+: Happy New Year bluethief & thanks for creating the 2000 thread.

Please sign me up with Metal Slug 3. I still have pending entries on the other threads that will happen thanks to the time machine assistance :)

From the listing, it seems
Unreal Tournament GOTY
is missing.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you, Happy New Year for you as well :)

You're signed, and I also added Unreal Tournament GOTY!
InkPanther: Colin McRae Rally 2.0 was also released in 2000.

SimCity 3000 technically is from 1999 but GOG lists Unlimited version so it could work for both years I suppose.

It's the same iwth UT GOTY mentioned by tag+. It was released in 1999 but GOTY version is from 2000.

---

I was trying to make characters for Icewind Dale EE lately and let me tell you, if you're a newbie like me and you're trying to create a decent party, you are screwed. I had to do a lot of googling because the game provides hardly any info about what's important during character creation. And everybody is posting those builds and advanced suggestions for late game while I'd like just some basic stuff. sigh
Added Colin McRae Rally 2.0, thank you!

As for SimCity 3000 and Unreal Tournament, like you and tag+ said, their respective Unlimited and GOTY editions were released in 2000 so they're added to the list.

May I add you for Icewind Dale EE?
Post edited January 04, 2022 by bluethief
bluethief: Destination: 2000
(...)
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
(...)
foxgog: Hello bluethief!

Thank you for continuing the time travel threads!
it reminds me that I still have to post about my last two time travels...

I am pretty sure that you mixed up the release date of "Myst: Masterpiece Edition" (original with still images!), it is actually from the year 1999.
The first "realMYST" (unfortunately not anymore available on GOG.com) was released in 2000, though.

Hmm, still have to think about what I am going to play for this year...

Kind regards,
foxgog
Hi foxgog!

I searched for Myst: Masterpiece Edition and its wiki page says that it released on May 2000.
I also checked its Steam page and the description says: "The classic Myst experience with point and click controls, released as a remaster to the original in 2000.". However, the release date there lists "2 Jan, 1999", so it's kind of confusing!
ciemnogrodzianin: Hitman: Codename 47 is the first in the series, right? Great moment to try the series – count me in :)
Yep, it was the first. It didn't age very well, but it's the first in the series so we forgive it. Have fun with Mr 47!
Zimerius: bluethief, i've decided. if you could write me up for Shogun : Total War.
You've just been signed! Now go wage your war!!
bluethief: [...]
Sure, thanks. No promises if I get far in the game. I don't know much about the game and I feel really restricted with party choices. :F

Because apparently traps can be bad, I've made a cleric/thief with a quarterstaff (not that I had much choice in this matter). I don't like it. Cleric and a rogue don't seem like something that would work well together. Rogues are supposed to go stab-stab and not thud-thud.
Post edited January 04, 2022 by InkPanther
bluethief: [...]
InkPanther: Sure, thanks. No promises if I get far in the game. I don't know much about the game and I feel really restricted with party choices. :F

Because apparently traps can be bad, I've made a cleric/thief with a quarterstaff (not that I had much choice in this matter). I don't like it. Cleric and a rogue don't seem like something that would work well together. Rogues are supposed to go stab-stab and not thud-thud.
That sounds like a bad combo indeed. Cleric needs wis and rogue doesn't, rogue needs dex and cleric usually wears heavy armor which usually negates dex bonus, rogue also tends to need more int for all the skills they need, cleric can do with more con and str if they're to also last in a fight, and for the concentration bonus. And quarterstaff means no shield, plus that it's usually a weapon to give to a character that shouldn't fight, usually the wizard. But a problem is that multiclassing will mean you won't get access to the better cleric spells, so I sure hope you have a dedicated healer there other than this one.
bluethief: I searched for Myst: Masterpiece Edition and its wiki page says that it released on May 2000.
I also checked its Steam page and the description says: "The classic Myst experience with point and click controls, released as a remaster to the original in 2000.". However, the release date there lists "2 Jan, 1999", so it's kind of confusing!
According to the release info on Mobygames Myst: Masterpiece Edition was released in 1999 for Windows and 2000 for Mac. Real Myst had an initial Windows release in 2000.
Post edited January 04, 2022 by Cavalary
Cavalary:
I'm starting to really dislike the game and I didn't even start playing it. What's the point of party creation if the game dictates most of my choices anyway? >.>
Cavalary:
InkPanther: I'm starting to really dislike the game and I didn't even start playing it. What's the point of party creation if the game dictates most of my choices anyway? >.>
D&D tends to dictate that really. Like morolf said, 2 tanks, a healer, a mage and a thief, which leaves one slot you have some freedom with in a party of 6. The party of 4 is absolutely standard, tank, mage, healer, thief.
InkPanther: ...
Come on! Give it a try!
I played the game and stuck somewhere (probably exactly because of bad party design and poor choices made after + no difficulty in-game changing in the first game edition), but this game offers outstanding visuals and music and charming with the atmosphere. I'd recommend just to try to feel that epic story and wonderful world. I'll complete this game for sure some day, it's worth it.
§pec†re: Shenmue came out that year.
I searched around and I saw that it released in 1999.
Cavalary: According to the release info on Mobygames Myst: Masterpiece Edition was released in 1999 for Windows and 2000 for Mac. Real Myst had an initial Windows release in 2000.
I devided to remove Myst: Masterpiece Edition and added Real Myst. Thank you.
Outside some bridge incident, which shall never be spoken off again, the Imaga's lands are pretty much mine!

I have to say that playing this old game for more than a couple of minutes is quite refreshing. Even on a modern day system. I'm glad though that i can say that the AI came a long way since those early days. But for one, it has been quite some time ago the AI send forward its skirmishing troops to meet me first in any total war game. While the favour for a more arcade style of play is understandable, seeing total war's popularity in current time and age, but this evolution left a bit of a gap between the more seriously styled wargames and .. let's say the kiddies games
Attachments:
Yeah, it's nice to travel to 2000 from today's perspective.

But – do you remember Y2K bug panic?? :D

"All banks will fail!
Food supplies will be depleted!
The stock market will crash!
Electricity will be cut off!"
Attachments:
end.jpg (77 Kb)
Post edited January 04, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: Yeah, it's nice to travel to 2000 from today's perspective.

But – do you remember Y2K bug panic?? :D

"All banks will fail!
Food supplies will be depleted!
The stock market will crash!
Electricity will be cut off!"
ciemnogrodzianin:
yep, good memories. Or the Mayan prophecy. And the 100 euro's payed to get entry to a club <,New Year's Eve that usually charged, i belief around 20 bucks. Or that girl that i thought i wasn't interested in while she obviously tried to have some sort of fun in an almost deserted club... yep.. 2000's
Post edited January 04, 2022 by Zimerius
§pec†re: Shenmue came out that year.
bluethief: I searched around and I saw that it released in 1999.
That's the problem with looking at those release dates.The jap version is said to have been release a couple of days before 2000 and the english versions came out just before christmas 2000.

It's worse for threads like these on other forums which focus on general media with different release dates for music or movies in different regions.
bluethief: I searched around and I saw that it released in 1999.
§pec†re: That's the problem with looking at those release dates.The jap version is said to have been release a couple of days before 2000 and the english versions came out just before christmas 2000.

It's worse for threads like these on other forums which focus on general media with different release dates for music or movies in different regions.
I just noticed that I listed Shenmue in the 1999 thread.
Fellow time travellers,

a minor update, it has been a whole five years since the last update. The war progressed nicely. Currently the Mori clan goes toe to toe. They are even backed by the Emperor. The war is fought as hard underneath the sun as well as in the cold silence of the shadows. With spies and assassins send out by the hundreds, any unknown and sometimes known can be the biggest trust mistake you will make while listening to the chicadas.

The game remains quite original, for example, 4 turns a year but only in the winter you will receive the collected tax into the treasury. And while more modern versions of the game present all the information on the screen in a very visual manner, i belief the original manages to present information such as income, and people confidence in a much more grounded state. Even explaining why farm income does not work in one province (mountainous) over the other (grassland, river). Of course, diplomacy is very underdeveloped at this specific stage, not to mention the sometimes very odd decisions seen when you engage the ai tactically. Strategically though, it seems to be up key. You know, those situations where you think in any strategy game " that should be my goal " only to have it overtaken by the a.i. when you're coming close near reaching that specific goal occur in this game as well. But yea, Strategic turn based ai behavior ( or turn based programming) is of course with us for a very long time now. The same goes for attacking and defending territory. Nothing wrong there.
Oi lads, my tea is getting cold, time to move on again.

Godspeed!
Attachments: