It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
InkPanther: I started replaying Unreal Tournament on skilled difficulty.

bumps the topic

Got CTF trophy in UT.
Nice, and nice pics.....always wanted to try those games, but not too attracted to stuff like the bot match only style play(I like the SP games more). Oh well, maybe some day. :)

=======

Game Update

=======

21. Shepard has some "fun" trying to get through some sadistic building planner's idea of an ideal ventilation system.
(probably while thinking what Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver thought while navigating the mashers in Galaxy Quest)

22. He then meets a new enemy type, shortly before making what is either a very good or very bad decision.

23. After admiring one of his squad mate's fine parking jobs, Shepard meets the parking attendants...who try to "help him find a new mode of transportation".

24. A. Shepard Journal Entry 6: "This fellow also claims the man on the floor next to him was like that when he got here. Could perhaps be a ruse, but nah....seems legit"

25. After some "shocking events", I make my way a bit further along.
(GR note: I find it a bit amusing & also somewhat sad how the one scientist in this pic cannot be gibbed....he simply must keep getting shocked for all eternity, it seems)

---

Side note on game wpns: careful when breaking boxes with auto switch set to on. I was opening crates and grabbed a Rckt Lnchr while doing so, and then Shepard proceeded to gib himself as I kept clicking....o.0 :\

---
Attachments:
Post edited November 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
InkPanther: bumps the topic

Got CTF trophy in UT.
Nice one, congrats :)
GamezRanker: Side note on game wpns: careful when breaking boxes with auto switch set to on. I was opening crates and grabbed a Rckt Lnchr while doing so, and then Shepard proceeded to gib himself as I kept clicking....o.0 :\

---
This never stops being funny :D
Assault done. This time bots did most of the hard work to be honest. Although one time they went on a strike / got bugged.
Attachments:
assault.jpg (432 Kb)
low rated
bluethief: This never stops being funny :D
I know, right? ;D
Anyhoo, more to come in a bit(including a fun new wpn mechanic with some interesting results)....just gotta sort/edit some screens first.
low rated
InkPanther: Although one time they went on a strike / got bugged.
The bots got bugged, eh? With how they often get treated in that game, I can see why. ;)
(*GR imagines the bots holding up signs saying "No bolts, no gibs!"*)

=-=-=-=-=-=

Game Update

Shepard keeps making progress.....slowly but surely

26. After yet another thing falls apart when Shepard goes to touch it, he starts to wonder if the area is built on top of a cursed alien burial ground.

27. Luckily Shep finds some decent-ish temp help to see his way through.
(GR note: there is another door in the next level for the engineer to open, so make sure to get him to follow along as best as you can[the path finding for the team mates is meh in tight corridors and such, so you might need to adjust how you walk around or 'use' them again if they forgot they were following you for some reason])

28. A. Shepard Journal Entry 7: "Seems my new squad mates are claustrophobic.....took some doing to get them on the lift. Everything seems fine now, though"

29. Seems Shep spoke too soon.....his new companions seem to have skipped jumping/mantling class at boot camp, as they cannot follow him past a broken wall.
(that, or they got scared by a mere photograph of Mr Freeman and decided not to risk going further)
Attachments:
Post edited November 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
InkPanther: Assault done. This time bots did most of the hard work to be honest. Although one time they went on a strike / got bugged.
Two in a row, nice :).
bluethief: This never stops being funny :D
GamezRanker: I know, right? ;D
Anyhoo, more to come in a bit(including a fun new wpn mechanic with some interesting results)....just gotta sort/edit some screens first.
One time I was too close to an enemy and I emptied my clip and had no more ammo, so I changed weapons but didn't even noticed the one I picked. Then I realised it was the rpg. Needless to say that both me and the enemy, we were torn into pieces :D
Post edited November 15, 2021 by bluethief
_wins_ Yeah!

(ok, it wasn't my first time beating the game)

Truth be told, I lost only a few battles, but if I had to deal with the final matches on higher difficulty I'd probably rage quit. At the end it was bad enough for me to force some frustration induced breaks. Xan kicked my ass like three times before I beat him (it?).
Attachments:
trophies.jpg (444 Kb)
menu.jpg (481 Kb)
low rated
bluethief: One time I was too close to an enemy and I emptied my clip and had no more ammo, so I changed weapons but didn't even noticed the one I picked. Then I realised it was the rpg. Needless to say that both me and the enemy, we were torn into pieces :D
Ouch o.0
InkPanther: _wins_ Yeah!

(ok, it wasn't my first time beating the game)

Truth be told, I lost only a few battles, but if I had to deal with the final matches on higher difficulty I'd probably rage quit. At the end it was bad enough for me to force some frustration induced breaks. Xan kicked my ass like three times before I beat him (it?).
Awesome, congrats! Updated the OP accordingly!

When I replay games, although I already know what to do and how to do it, there are always those sections and/or that bosses where I still die a lot and become frustrated. But in the end, it doesn't matter, if I'm replaying a game its because I like it and still have fun with it.
bluethief: One time I was too close to an enemy and I emptied my clip and had no more ammo, so I changed weapons but didn't even noticed the one I picked. Then I realised it was the rpg. Needless to say that both me and the enemy, we were torn into pieces :D
GamezRanker: Ouch o.0
It was worth it just for laughing at my own stupidity :D
bluethief:
Thanks!

It's easier to replay a game I know I enjoyed than to start something new. ;)
My SimCity city is nothing special, but folks on the subforum showed how to make it work in full HD and it looks so much better now.

https://i.imgur.com/6igNp3h.png
https://i.imgur.com/8rdZhdT.png

Imgur links because pics are too big.
low rated
InkPanther: Imgur links because pics are too big.
Bit of advice: If you convert them to jpg(like in Paint or another program) that often makes them small enough to post.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Game Update

=-=-=-=-=-=

30. After coming across another squad mate(a medic smart enough to not smoke on the job), I get sent into a "totes safe" warehouse to recover an engineer to open a nearby door. Inside, Shep sees something a wee bit "problematic", but he still manages to rectify the situation in short order.

31. The new engineer then proves to be dumber than the last, as he kicks down the door and almost gets taken out by a turret....luckily Shepard was there to save him from being made into swiss cheez.

32. A. Shepard Journal Entry 8: "What a shame"

33. The squad mates all survive till the end of the area, but seem to all be afraid of trains as they won't board the tram.....after leaving them behind Shepard "soldiers on".

34. A. Shepard Journal Entry 9: "I saw the guy from the photo earlier and decided to follow him.....big mista-"
(GR note: Shep is then 'temporally reset' a wee bit, and continues on as usual)
Attachments:
Post edited November 18, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
(continued)
=-=-=-=-=-=

35. A bit of nastiness with some "new"(for Shep) enemies, and then....

36. ....a nice quick jaunt through an alien dimension.....what could be nicer?
A. Shepard Journal Entry 10: "Ask for more hazard pay if I survive this mission"

37. Shep is "given" a nice new wpn(the one mentioned earlier) with some interesting effects.
(GR note: the wpn can teleport one to either certain doom or an optional area....a different one for each level area Shep plays through. To do so, Shep must have enough ammo and use the wpn's secondary fire mode)

38. One of the "side trips" Shep can take with his new wpn....this one harkens back to the original game, and is reached if Shep uses the wpn's secondary fire while still in the same area where he first got it.

39. After the side trip through the bizarro space(s) of Xen, I get back to Black Mesa.....some sort of "Sea Lab", one might say. ;)
(GR note: If one uses the special wpn's secondary fire in this area, Shep is sent back to a small area of xen)
Attachments:
Post edited November 18, 2021 by GamezRanker