It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just completed a mission without any kabooms. Very disappointing, 1 out of 5 stars. ;]
Attachments:
nokabooms.jpg (484 Kb)
Post edited November 22, 2021 by InkPanther
InkPanther: I just completed a mission without any kabooms. Very disappointing, 1 out of 5 stars. ;]
The memories! I remember it was real difficult not to expend all the sniper bullets early on in this level.
I hope you're planning on doing Beyond the Call of Duty as well :)
Matewis: The memories! I remember it was real difficult not to expend all the sniper bullets early on in this level.
I hope you're planning on doing Beyond the Call of Duty as well :)
Generally, I like the game so far, but there’s a long way ahead of me before completing Behind the Enemy Lines. It’s difficult to say if I’m going to play the expansion. It’s a small miracle I got this far, usually I lose interest in games much earlier. And I’ve read that Beyond the Call of Duty is even more difficult. We’ll see.

In this mission, I’ve tried to avoid raising alarms but eventually I’ve had enough, I did what I could without detection. It felt impossible to kill enemy without somebody catching me in the act or noticing a body. So I intentionally caused alarms, counted how many new troops would show up from barracks, counted sniper bullets. It turned out I had enough ammo to thin three- and five-man patrols out enough to just shoot them close range with a pistol without dying. After that it got easier. ;)
InkPanther: Generally, I like the game so far, but there’s a long way ahead of me before completing Behind the Enemy Lines. It’s difficult to say if I’m going to play the expansion. It’s a small miracle I got this far, usually I lose interest in games much earlier. And I’ve read that Beyond the Call of Duty is even more difficult. We’ll see.

In this mission, I’ve tried to avoid raising alarms but eventually I’ve had enough, I did what I could without detection. It felt impossible to kill enemy without somebody catching me in the act or noticing a body. So I intentionally caused alarms, counted how many new troops would show up from barracks, counted sniper bullets. It turned out I had enough ammo to thin three- and five-man patrols out enough to just shoot them close range with a pistol without dying. After that it got easier. ;)
I remember this level as being tricky yes. And yeah, it's often a temptation to thin out the patrols with overwhelming pistol fire :)

BtCoD with its 8 levels is more difficult for sure, but on the flipside the levels are quite big and interesting. Of course Commandos 2 still takes the cake in this regard (though it's much easier).
InkPanther: In this mission, I’ve tried to avoid raising alarms but eventually I’ve had enough, I did what I could without detection. It felt impossible to kill enemy without somebody catching me in the act or noticing a body. So I intentionally caused alarms, counted how many new troops would show up from barracks, counted sniper bullets. It turned out I had enough ammo to thin three- and five-man patrols out enough to just shoot them close range with a pistol without dying. After that it got easier. ;)
Yeah, that rooftop level (mission 12) is kind of annoying, iirc when I first played it I also resorted to somewhat cheesy tactics like placing my entire team around a corner, shooting and then just gunning down any guards as they came around the corner. Later I did it without raising any alarms, but definitely not one of my favorites.
morolf:
le gasp

I didn't think of ordering my entire team to shoot together. I don't know why, but it never occurred to me. I'm facepalming so hard right now.
InkPanther: I didn't think of ordering my entire team to shoot together. I don't know why, but it never occurred to me. I'm facepalming so hard right now.
That tactic actually works in many levels, you just need to place three of your guys around a corner (three, because three shots kill a guard), select them as a group, shoot, and with some luck you can kill all the patrols that come running around the corner.
It's obviously cheesy as hell and I wouldn't recommend playing that way, but maybe something to keep in mind if you become overly frustrated by some sections.
morolf:
The whole game feels cheesy so it wouldn't be anything new. ;)

Also, I did this with only one guy. A panic induced pistol shooting enemies coming from behind a corner. I only got hit once, totally worth it.
Attachments:
oops.png (246 Kb)
InkPanther: The whole game feels cheesy so it wouldn't be anything new. ;)

Also, I did this with only one guy. A panic induced pistol shooting enemies coming from behind a corner. I only got hit once, totally worth it.
Wow, you must have some super reflexes, congratulations :-) It's much easier with three guys, because you can kill a guard as soon as he rounds the corner, so there's less chance of a group ganging up on you.
morolf:
Heat of the moment and they didn't have time to form a group / groups. I got lucky, I don't think I could repeat that if I wanted. ;)
I took my cheesy gameplay to a new level. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhj9qZH48rk
InkPanther: I took my cheesy gameplay to a new level. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhj9qZH48rk
Lol, that was pretty funny.
But apart from the bug where he can't enter the car, it's not even that cheesy, the basic principle (intercept the target at the escape car) is legit after all.
Anyway, you seem to be making rapid progress, even if it's sometimes by using exploits it's still impressive. Commandos isn't that easy a game after all.
morolf: [...]
Anyway, you seem to be making rapid progress, even if it's sometimes by using exploits it's still impressive. Commandos isn't that easy a game after all.
It feels like forever to complete even one mission. ;P

And here's a bonus: NPCs shooting an empty car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcRSXq4vXM
Well, turns out devs were assholes and I can't access the last mission without reaching the rank of captain. >.>

I guess I'll have to google a password unlocking it...
Attachments:
argh.png (354 Kb)
There's the final kaboom of the last mission.

Not that satisfying as I didn't unlock the map through my gameplay. And I think I was growing tired because in the last couple of missions I excessively, with very little regard for alarms, used pistol to just shoot enemy patrols and anything that got pulled by my shooting from behind a corner.

Because I used a password to unlock the last mission, technically I didn't finish the game and there was no closing sequence for me. Disappointing.
Attachments:
Post edited November 27, 2021 by InkPanther